Off Topic

Settle an argument plz

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2013 5:29 pm
Tags:
None

Poll: Who is out of line?

• Total votes: 0. You have voted on this poll.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2008
1472 posts
138 upvotes
jayde wrote:
Jan 6th, 2013 12:59 pm
This has nothing to do with gender and everything to do with basic respect for another. Anyone that thinks the OP still wouldn't be in the wrong if the genders were reversed needs a reality check.
Nothing to do with gender eh? See below:
renoldman wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 5:08 pm
Sometimes a women needs a man ....

Perhaps not exactly the same as a man wants a woman, but sometimes they need a man.
cortez wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2013 9:12 pm
Take your wife out on a nice date before someone else does
Chr1s wrote:
Dec 30th, 2012 12:05 pm
Rule 1: Like your job, Love your wife.
Rule 2: A happy wife is a happy life.

Marriage is not only what YOU care about, it is also what your partner cares about, and many times it is putting her/his needs ahead of your own.

HA! One phone call is all it took to make you golden... It's good you went through this though. ;)
ronin1701 wrote:
Dec 30th, 2012 1:54 pm
Happy Wife, Happy Life.
Can you imagine the backlash if I had written: "Take your husbandout on a nice date before someone else does"? Millions of people would come and attack me. Its just like those advertisements on TV that make like of domestic violence against men.

It saddens me that people are blind to the negativity towards men in this thread, and it is even worse that many of the people saying these things are probably men.
Dec 22, 2008
622 posts
21 upvotes
GTA
Maedhros wrote:
Jan 6th, 2013 1:44 pm

Can you imagine the backlash if I had written: "Take your husbandout on a nice date before someone else does"? Millions of people would come and attack me. Its just like those advertisements on TV that make like of domestic violence against men.

It saddens me that people are blind to the negativity towards men in this thread, and it is even worse that many of the people saying these things are probably men.
Im not someone that agrees with those sentiments. If the OP was a woman with the same situation, Id be saying the same thing about the OP being wrong. I think the comment about taking out the wife before someone else does is a fair one to make, provided that the word 'wife' is interchangeable with 'spouse' and applies roles reversed.

For the record, I agree with you about how men are portrayed on tv when it comes to things like that. Women can be abusive, too, and it irks me that it isn't addressed as often in comparison. Instead they make light of a woman being abusive to a man. Its not right regardless of who is doing what. Then again, Im not your typical female and find alot of these gender differences aggravating.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2004
6704 posts
45 upvotes
Maedhros wrote:
Jan 6th, 2013 1:44 pm

This has nothing to do with gender but as jayde put it, basic respect for another. Your examples are invalid. The sentiments about making your wife happy is because the OP was wrong to her in the first place. You could argue that people could have written a more gender neutral comment such as "you should cheer up the person you wronged", but who the hell writes like that??? He was wrong to his wife, plain and simple. Take your husband out on a nice date? What the hell for? He was wrong in the first place. There is no negativity towards men in this thread. There is only negativity towards what the OP did because he was wrong. It saddens me that you lack the ability to comprehend such a simple concept.
Innovatively Silent. :cool:

My Heatware (68-0-0) is under: Cafe_333

TR-Ultra120@TLF-S12-EW / Accelero S1 / Convection Spreaders
TLF-S12-EW@case / SP-FC70-BL / 5&7V / 120&PSU Vibration Gaskets
UC-A3FATR2-B / S12-430 / Precut Sonata Acoustic Dampeners
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2009
2991 posts
284 upvotes
Montreal
Guys here are being just pragmatic and recognize this: Image
× < >