Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Settlers of Catan $27.03, Expansion $14.92 @ Amazon.ca, will ship when available

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2010 3:07 pm
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2001
5573 posts
907 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] Settlers of Catan $27.03, Expansion $14.92 @ Amazon.ca, will ship when available

Credit goes to bluemountfuji from this thread:

settlers-catan-board-game-33-99-comic-w ... st11998794

http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?u ... an&x=0&y=0

Basically Amazon.ca has some HOT prices on the Catan series of board games. The base games including the original Settlers of Catan of course, are $27.03 each, expansions are $14.92. Most are out of stock currently, but you can order and it will ship when available, shipping is free over $25.

Lowest price I've ever seen for this game!
52 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2004
2194 posts
15 upvotes
this is one the greatest boardgames you can get. Better than monopoly, risk, etc.
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9756 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
Good deals, but all the four Catan games that sell for $27 here are always $33 on Germangames.com, so this is warm.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2010
2021 posts
15 upvotes
thanks for the post ! going to get this game now.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2004
5438 posts
80 upvotes
Sydney
This is cold considering it's out of stock. Better to spend an extra $5 and play it with friends.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2004
1117 posts
62 upvotes
Kurtz7834 wrote: Good deals, but all the four Catan games that sell for $27 here are always $33 on Germangames.com, so this is warm.

decent deal considering you can get free shipping from amazon. better for those in the high shipping rate zones.

not hot since it's OOS!
** BUY MY STUFF!! **
nothing to buy right now!
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
3804 posts
561 upvotes
Vancouver
But for those that aren't in a hurry, life/death to play the game, but are interested in this game or trying it out, this game is definitely a must buy and try and is hot at that price!
Dec 5, 2009
67 posts
13 upvotes
Thanks Derek. I just ordered the Settlers of Catan version with the expansion pack. We'll see what happens.
Dec 22, 2009
50 posts
26 upvotes
Vancouver BC
anyone have an opinion on which is the best expansion? though i'm tempted to get all three...
Jan 5, 2010
123 posts
5 upvotes
Vancouver
Hmm I've always wanted to get into board games

Any recommendations to which one I should get? They all look more or less the same to a noobie like me. Also, what does the expansion come with that the vanilla does not?
Jul 9, 2007
305 posts
118 upvotes
Cities and Knights is a great expansion, and it also lets you play with 6 people instead of 4
Nov 1, 2009
679 posts
441 upvotes
Terrebonne
mclearn wrote: Cities and Knights is a great expansion, and it also lets you play with 6 people instead of 4
Cities & knights ruins the game as it makes it twice as long.
You better play 2 games of vanilla settlers or better, 1 game of Settler, 1 game of For Sale, one game of Ra and one game of Race to the galaxy for about the same amount of time.
Deal Addict
May 27, 2008
1038 posts
191 upvotes
Ottawa
^ Funny eh, we can't go back to regular settlers after Cities and Knights. The extra complexity ads a lot more player interaction which is sometimes missing from Catan(in 3 player particularly)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 28, 2005
6467 posts
460 upvotes
Scarborough
i bought 1 of each thanks :) hopefully they get in stock and ship it.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 9, 2005
7390 posts
291 upvotes
Scarborough
Cities and Knights makes the game signficiant longer in length, but IMO it is a pretty good expansion as it puts in a whole nwe element into the game.

Traders and Barbarians is also the other good expansion.

I'm not a big fan of the Seafearers expansion
Deal Guru
Nov 18, 2005
11955 posts
3699 upvotes
Kingston
yannakm wrote: Cities & knights ruins the game as it makes it twice as long.
You better play 2 games of vanilla settlers or better, 1 game of Settler, 1 game of For Sale, one game of Ra and one game of Race to the galaxy for about the same amount of time.
Wildarm wrote: ^ Funny eh, we can't go back to regular settlers after Cities and Knights. The extra complexity ads a lot more player interaction which is sometimes missing from Catan(in 3 player particularly)

Thanks for the info. We don't play games a lot so the "simplicity" and brevity of the original version (I've only played it a couple of times) is best for us.

What about the other expansion packs/versions - Barbarians, Seafarers?
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
3135 posts
1133 upvotes
Winnipeg
BananaWeed wrote: Get Agricola (with or without Farmers of the Moor expansion) instead. Agricola's based on strategy whereas Catan is based on luck. :)

Agricola is a great game, but settlers doesn't have the really steep learning curve. Tough to teach agricola if you don't have a lot of time
Aug 16, 2005
765 posts
194 upvotes
Derek is right. It's a great board game. We spent hours upon hours with family and friends playing it and its variations. Come to think of it, it's time to dust it off and introduce it to our kids.

I personally recommend the base game + expansion + cities and nights. I got the seafarers and barbarians and we hardly ever play these.
Do note there should be some online versions of the game. I remember the base one had a free online version which was quite good.

Makes a great gift.

Mark

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)