Sharp 75" 4k HDR TV owners thread
I have spent over a week with the TV now and I really like it overall. HDR content looks stunning. Uniformity is excellent overall aside from a couple of issues. Sports also look great and the 120hz feature works well. Here are some details you guys might want to know about this TV:
- HDMI ports 3 and 4 are full HDMI 2.0 ports and they can do 4k resolution at 60hz, with 4:4:4 chroma for PC use (make sure you choose "enhanced" in the HDMI settings in the TV)
- when you first set up the TV, make sure you set the region to USA and also use wifi to connect; apparently other regions won't get the HDR firmware update if you don't use USA as your region to begin with, and also I'm hearing that using wifi seems to be a more reliable way to get the update
- HDMI port 2 is for ARC, although I couldn't get it working with my Samsung sound bar
- the TV has an auto brightness sensor that works well
- the TV is *extremely* heavy; you will need two strong people both to get the box into your house and also to unpack it
- the legs are already attached
- both the feet and the outer edge frame of the TV are metal
- input lag is decent for gaming but not outstanding; it's better with the "game" mode enabled, but then the picture quality suffers
- the upscaling on this TV is outstanding
Overall I'm extremely pleased with mine and I don't think it's far off from the Samsung and LG TVs from this tier. I am hearing that the panel in this TV is still made by Sharp even though they are now owned by Hisense.
People are reporting that for technical support with this TV you need to contact Hisense Canada.
My TV came with no dead pixels. So far I have only noticed two minor problems:
- there is a very minor uniformity problem near the bottom corners on a white screen; approximately 4" up on the side edges there is a small bright spot (it's barely noticeable and I'm probably just being way too fussy)
- there appears to be some minor flashlighting from the bottom edge in a pitch black room on a completely black screen; I haven't had a good look at this to test it further but I did notice it last night for the first time (this is not noticeable unless your room is completely dark; you don't see it at all with any sort of ambient light)
I hope that helps you guys! Let's keep this thread going to help all the new owners. It would be great if you guys could also share your thoughts on this particular model (Sharp LC-75N8000U).