Computers & Electronics

Sharp 75" 4k HDR TV owners thread

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 7th, 2017 10:45 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2008
1291 posts
119 upvotes
I set my region to USA but didn't get firmware upgraded.
Current version is V00.01.00a.G0922
What's yours? Can you guys let me know please?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2009
10471 posts
3790 upvotes
Star* wrote:
Jun 3rd, 2017 3:07 pm
I set my region to USA but didn't get firmware upgraded.
Current version is V00.01.00a.G0922
What's yours? Can you guys let me know please?
You don't have the latest firmware. Try factory resetting your TV, set it to USA, and then connect via wifi. Disconnect ethernet. If that doesn't work you might have to call Hisense Canada.
I am a Zoomer customer.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2008
1291 posts
119 upvotes
SickBeast wrote:
Jun 3rd, 2017 3:52 pm
You don't have the latest firmware. Try factory resetting your TV, set it to USA, and then connect via wifi. Disconnect ethernet. If that doesn't work you might have to call Hisense Canada.
When did you get it upgraded? During the setting or on other day?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2009
10471 posts
3790 upvotes
Star* wrote:
Jun 4th, 2017 11:51 am
When did you get it upgraded? During the setting or on other day?
When I first set up the TV, I chose USA as my region, set up the wifi, and then shortly thereafter I got two firmware upgrades, one right after the other.
I am a Zoomer customer.
Sep 7, 2003
391 posts
28 upvotes
SickBeast wrote:
Jun 4th, 2017 12:27 pm
When I first set up the TV, I chose USA as my region, set up the wifi, and then shortly thereafter I got two firmware upgrades, one right after the other.
I did the exact same and never had an update.
Sep 7, 2003
391 posts
28 upvotes
Just did a factory reset and still no update. That is really strange that it would work with some and not others. Maybe different wifi chips the tv? Not sure. For the record I set my country to US.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2009
10471 posts
3790 upvotes
vistokid wrote:
Jun 4th, 2017 1:20 pm
Just did a factory reset and still no update. That is really strange that it would work with some and not others. Maybe different wifi chips the tv? Not sure. For the record I set my country to US.
One of you guys really needs to call Hisense. I'm actually quite shocked that it's been over a week now with several of you affected by this and no one has taken the time to call Hisense and report back here with what they said.
I am a Zoomer customer.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2008
1291 posts
119 upvotes
vistokid wrote:
Jun 4th, 2017 12:36 pm
I did the exact same and never had an update.
Me too.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2008
1291 posts
119 upvotes
Quick question, is there a way to save the settings that I changed? Every time turn off/on the TV, the settings are back to the defaults.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2009
10471 posts
3790 upvotes
Star* wrote:
Jun 4th, 2017 5:50 pm
Quick question, is there a way to save the settings that I changed? Every time turn off/on the TV, the settings are back to the defaults.
The settings should all stick. Try unplugging the tv for 10 seconds and then plug it back in. Mine was glitching out after I installed the firmware updates but that fixed it for me. It's been great ever since. What settings are you changing?
I am a Zoomer customer.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2008
1291 posts
119 upvotes
SickBeast wrote:
Jun 4th, 2017 5:54 pm
The settings should all stick. Try unplugging the tv for 10 seconds and then plug it back in. Mine was glitching out after I installed the firmware updates but that fixed it for me. It's been great ever since. What settings are you changing?
The picture mode, I changed it to Theater will be backed to Standard when I turn it off and on again.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2009
10471 posts
3790 upvotes
Star* wrote:
Jun 4th, 2017 6:04 pm
The picture mode, I changed it to Theater will be backed to Standard when I turn it off and on again.
I'm pretty sure mine doesn't do that. Do you have the newest HDR enabled firmware? Perhaps it's a bug in the early firmware that they have now fixed in the latest version.

By the way guys, here is the contact information for Hisense Canada:

canadasupport@hisense.com
I am a Zoomer customer.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2008
1291 posts
119 upvotes
SickBeast wrote:
Jun 4th, 2017 6:22 pm
I'm pretty sure mine doesn't do that. Do you have the newest HDR enabled firmware? Perhaps it's a bug in the early firmware that they have now fixed in the latest version.

By the way guys, here is the contact information for Hisense Canada:

canadasupport@hisense.com
No, mine couldn't get upgraded. I will contact them later.
Feb 7, 2017
19 posts
15 upvotes
I sent them an email. Got bounced back ..lol

退信原因/
Bounce reason :
收件方邮箱容量已满或者剩余空间不足以接收您发送的信件。
This error indicates that the recipient's mailbox is full or has no enough quota space left to receive your email.
Quota error.(Quota exceeded)

I tried factory reset once .. Now that option is greyed out. Can't select anymore . Weird
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2009
10471 posts
3790 upvotes
Do you guys think this is good uniformity?

There are some reflections because I took the photo during the daytime but you should be able to see the one spot in the lower left corner on the left bezel where it's a bit brighter. It also exists at the same place on the right bezel, to a lesser extent. Is this normal? Are you guys seeing this on yours? I know I'm being really fussy but this issue is annoying me.
uniformity.jpg
I am a Zoomer customer.