Sharp 75" 4k HDR TV owners thread

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 7th, 2017 10:45 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2008
1286 posts
118 upvotes
Got back from Hisensei CS:

Thank you for contacting Hisense Customer Support.

We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your unit and it would be our pleasure assisting you. Our technical is in the final stages for completing the update. Once finished you will be notified by email and/or you can keep checking through settings.

If you have any further concerns ,please do not hesitate to contact us accordingly via email or on our Customer Service line 1-855-344-7367 Mon-Fri 8am-8pm EST.

Kind Regards,

Michael.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2008
1286 posts
118 upvotes
SickBeast wrote:
Jun 5th, 2017 6:46 pm
Do you guys think this is good uniformity?

There are some reflections because I took the photo during the daytime but you should be able to see the one spot in the lower left corner on the left bezel where it's a bit brighter. It also exists at the same place on the right bezel, to a lesser extent. Is this normal? Are you guys seeing this on yours? I know I'm being really fussy but this issue is annoying me.
uniformity.jpg
Checked mine, no issues.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 14, 2009
9972 posts
3444 upvotes
Star* wrote:
Jun 6th, 2017 1:14 pm
Checked mine, no issues.
Thanks. Do you see what I'm talking about in the photo? Should I look into a replacement?
I am a Koodo customer, a Zoomer customer, and a Public Mobile customer.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2008
1286 posts
118 upvotes
SickBeast wrote:
Jun 6th, 2017 1:25 pm
Thanks. Do you see what I'm talking about in the photo? Should I look into a replacement?
It's not that noticeable really, it's not a big deal, right?
Jul 29, 2006
262 posts
159 upvotes
Quebec city
I "think" mine is more uniform. It's very difficult to see you uniformity problem because of the windows , and what looks like a door on the left. All of which are way worst problem than uniformity. Take the same picture at night, we may see better.

A grey screen is the worst case scenario. Is it visible on a hockey game or any other pan on a uniform color (blue sky, soccer or football field)? If not, don't worry about it.

The worst thing I have seen on my TV is not the grey uniformity, it's when there is a kind of hourglass moving on a grey screen : I can see the LEDs lighting on and off the zone where the hourglass is. But even then, it's not like I'm watching a movie! :)

This is not a perfect TV. It's half price other TV (except Haier). If you look for problem, you'll find some, and you won't be able to unsee them. Enjoy your TV, and don't look for problems... Unless you see them in normal content.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 14, 2009
9972 posts
3444 upvotes
Thanks guys.
Mar 7, 2011
41 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Does anybody know if this TV is still at $1999 at Costco? It seems to be at regular price on their website.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 14, 2009
9972 posts
3444 upvotes
arielcanarg wrote:
Jun 6th, 2017 9:27 pm
Does anybody know if this TV is still at $1999 at Costco? It seems to be at regular price on their website.
Someone said that the Quebec City Costco had some but I think they have by and large been cleared out. The deal on this TV appears to be dead.
Dec 10, 2006
334 posts
41 upvotes
Mississauga
I just noticed this thread, thanks for setting it up SickBeast. I also think you're way too picky on your uniformity issue lol. I do see a brighter spot at the bottom left corner but I had to really look for it and the reflections distracted it more than the issue itself.
Dec 10, 2006
334 posts
41 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks for contacting them, hope the firmware will be releasing soon! But I wonder why some ppl can download it, and others like us have to wait for it to get released...when it's already released.
Star* wrote:
Jun 5th, 2017 6:48 pm
Got back from Hisensei CS:

Thank you for contacting Hisense Customer Support.

We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your unit and it would be our pleasure assisting you. Our technical is in the final stages for completing the update. Once finished you will be notified by email and/or you can keep checking through settings.

If you have any further concerns ,please do not hesitate to contact us accordingly via email or on our Customer Service line 1-855-344-7367 Mon-Fri 8am-8pm EST.

Kind Regards,

Michael.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2008
1286 posts
118 upvotes
|Naruto| wrote:
Jun 7th, 2017 12:12 am
Thanks for contacting them, hope the firmware will be releasing soon! But I wonder why some ppl can download it, and others like us have to wait for it to get released...when it's already released.
I know right? We have no choice but wait for it.
Sep 7, 2003
382 posts
27 upvotes
Star* wrote:
Jun 7th, 2017 11:32 am
I know right? We have no choice but wait for it.
Maybe they pulled it to make changes. That would be my only guess.
Dec 10, 2006
334 posts
41 upvotes
Mississauga
Hopefully they don't remove the HDR support from this new firmware release
vistokid wrote:
Jun 7th, 2017 1:09 pm
Maybe they pulled it to make changes. That would be my only guess.
Jul 29, 2006
262 posts
159 upvotes
Quebec city
Now $1500 at my local Costco in Quebec City.