• Jul 27th, 2011 5:21 pm
Tags:
None
Feb 4, 2010
30 posts
43 upvotes
Toronto

SHARP Warehouse Sale - Mississauga

Some pretty hot deals. This Wednesday in Mississauga.
This flyer contains only a fraction of the units that are available. There are also non-television products available.

Full disclosure: I work at Sharp in Mississauga.
26 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
1900 posts
546 upvotes
60LE810... i thought 1499 is original sale price from FS or BB, correct me.
Nov 30, 2006
55 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
2007camryhybrid wrote:
Jul 25th, 2011 10:03 am

I know FS is selling the LC60LE830U for $2500...not sure what's the difference between that and the 60LE810. Any comments on that TV?
Apr 25, 2005
100 posts
1 upvote
I'm using the 60" Quattron from Sharp and it is indeed very "Sharp".

When we first bought it, the picture was absolutely stunning and still is however recently I've noticed some dark vertical lines in the background almost like it was bleeding... in colourful scenes you can't see it however against a solid coloured background (ie tracking a golfball through the sky) you'll notice these lines vividly and somewhat annoying.

Haven't gotten it checked out yet. If it wasn't for these lines - I'd rate it 10/10 but with these lines it's no more than a 4.
Apr 15, 2007
382 posts
43 upvotes
Acton, Ontario
2007camryhybrid wrote:
Jul 25th, 2011 10:03 am

There's no way FS or BB would sell at that price. According to OP, the LC60LE810 is LED and Quattron, probably very similar to the LC60LE830U which FS sells for $3000 regular ($2500 on sale now). FS sells a 60" LCD (LC60E78UN) at 1499 (1299 on sale now). There's a big premium ($500 or more) going from LCD to LED and an even further premium ($500 or more) when going to Quattron.
Mar 20, 2006
74 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Hope everyone read the small prints. "All items are Refurbished, minor defects...etc", and "All sales are final with no exchange or refund". Another word, buy at your own risk.
Some good deals, but you willing to take the chance? And you not talking about $10-$20, you talking about $1000+.
Feb 10, 2004
622 posts
33 upvotes
Mississauga
2manybuds wrote:
Jul 25th, 2011 10:59 am
Hope everyone read the small prints. "All items are Refurbished, minor defects...etc", and "All sales are final with no exchange or refund". Another word, buy at your own risk.
Some good deals, but you willing to take the chance? And you not talking about $10-$20, you talking about $1000+.

Yes, they are refurbs or seconds, but according to the fine print you do still get standard warranty through Sharp. So at least it is supported by the original manufacturer, and not warrantied by the refurb seller like it would be with say XS Cargo...
Jun 27, 2010
91 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone has this model "lc52le925un," Is it any good???
Deal Fanatic
Jan 28, 2005
5602 posts
78 upvotes
Scarborough
will they have other items that sharp makes or just TVs?
LED Keychains For Sale:
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
6664 posts
348 upvotes
Toronto
lithiumli wrote:
Jul 25th, 2011 12:24 pm

I saw some air purifiers in the first post...those are not TVs.
Deal Guru
Oct 9, 2007
10000 posts
1373 upvotes
Kanata
2manybuds wrote:
Jul 25th, 2011 10:59 am
Maddog wrote:
Jul 25th, 2011 11:13 am
Yes, they are refurbs or seconds, but according to the fine print you do still get standard warranty through Sharp. So at least it is supported by the original manufacturer, and not warrantied by the refurb seller like it would be with say XS Cargo...

If these are demo or floor models, you'd want to stay far away. They run those things 12 hours a day, 7 days a week for months...
Aug 27, 2009
210 posts
4 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
I would be worried about dead pixels. Unless you have a lot the sharp warranty will do you no good. My guess is that could be what some of these TV's are...
[OP]
Feb 4, 2010
30 posts
43 upvotes
Toronto
Disclaimer: Though I am employed by Sharp, my word is not official by any means. This represents only my personal understanding of what is available.

The flyer contains a very small selection of the units (and deals) that are available at this sale. I can't say specifically (for obvious reasons) which units those are, but it is worth your time to come and look if you are interested in purchasing a TV in the near future.

The majority of the items for sale are '2nd Class' units - in other words, they have box damage, and Sharp can't ship them to a regular retailer, they are taking up room in Sharp's warehouse, and need to be cleared out.

However, there are also units available that are '3rd Class' which means that they are either out of box, are missing accessories, have dead pixels, have been sent to a trade show and brought back, have a scratch on the bezel, etc. 3rd Class units have a sheet on them from an inspector that lists any issues the TV may have.

Now, that being said, all 3rd class items will be on display throughout the day, so you can see the item in action before you purchase it so you are making a more informed purchase.
lithiumli wrote:
Jul 25th, 2011 12:24 pm
Yes, there are some great deals on Calculator, PCI, and other miscellaneous products that we sell.
Vampslay wrote:
Jul 25th, 2011 10:44 pm
I would be worried about dead pixels. Unless you have a lot the sharp warranty will do you no good. My guess is that could be what some of these TV's are...
See above
Jan 31, 2005
75 posts
HyperionDesign wrote:
Jul 26th, 2011 12:09 pm
Disclaimer: Though I am employed by Sharp, my word is not official by any means. This represents only my personal understanding of what is available.

The flyer contains a very small selection of the units (and deals) that are available at this sale. I can't say specifically (for obvious reasons) which units those are, but it is worth your time to come and look if you are interested in purchasing a TV in the near future.

The majority of the items for sale are '2nd Class' units - in other words, they have box damage, and Sharp can't ship them to a regular retailer, they are taking up room in Sharp's warehouse, and need to be cleared out.

However, there are also units available that are '3rd Class' which means that they are either out of box, are missing accessories, have dead pixels, have been sent to a trade show and brought back, have a scratch on the bezel, etc. 3rd Class units have a sheet on them from an inspector that lists any issues the TV may have.

Now, that being said, all 3rd class items will be on display throughout the day, so you can see the item in action before you purchase it so you are making a more informed purchase.

Yes, there are some great deals on Calculator, PCI, and other miscellaneous products that we sell.

See above

What is PCI? also I assume credit cards are accepted and not just cash or debit?
× < >