Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Shaw

2019 Student Internet Deals $60-80/month

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 19th, 2020 11:49 am
Dec 5, 2018
6 posts
1 upvote
Scholesy wrote: Thanks for this heads up. I was able to get this promo in AB by calling in today, they claim it expired last month in AB. Much better than what Telus and Shaw initially offered.
Did it take anything other than calling them?
Mar 14, 2017
539 posts
1216 upvotes
SodaStats wrote: Rogers have 500u at 37.99+ tax right now (Toronto Location)
Link? Or in store only? Because I wanna jump on that
Mar 7, 2011
688 posts
1044 upvotes
lekidyyc wrote: Do you think I can subscribe in Toronto and connect over wifi all the way to the West?
That's exactly why they designed mesh WiFi system for.
Jul 16, 2008
247 posts
382 upvotes
TylerS47112 wrote: Did it take anything other than calling them?
No, I just said I saw the promo today, which is valid given the link posted earlier, and they honored it. Might be a bit of luck of the draw too.
Mar 9, 2015
271 posts
185 upvotes
Calgary, AB
yashgandhi wrote: That's exactly why they designed mesh WiFi system for.
So what's Roger's equivalent to Shaw's BlueCurve Pods? I'll send some randomly across Canada.
Apr 22, 2009
360 posts
223 upvotes
Fate wrote: I have internet 300 for $60 a month and I'm not a student. This is not a hot deal.

Don't most students want an 8 month contract when they're at school?
Can you care to explain how you get it and what area you live?? I live in North Van in BC and I have tried for years to lower my bill with Shaw and the only way is to leave them completely for Telus dsl. I chatted with Telus and they have crappy deals for my area (same prices/speed with shaw)....yes, others may get a better deal, however they (telus/shaw) know one does not have many options for some since there is zero competition....therefore I would take whatever student 'deal' I can to lower my fckng bill
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
2908 posts
2333 upvotes
moseyroses wrote: I got Rogers ignite 75 for $25.49 a month offered to me.
Robbers have been offering reasonably priced internet lately! No way you can get anything close to that from Shaw or Telus.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
2908 posts
2333 upvotes
james-007 wrote: How is this better than the Telus deal I posted?
Internet 150/150 $65
300/300 $80
750/750 $100
plus $250 in account credits
All on a 2 year term.
That isn't even good at all either.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2013
3661 posts
198 upvotes
Vancity
paul29m wrote: any deals for just adding tv?
No more Student Deals for TV anymore .
Dean Hamaguchi
Rogers Communications
Banned
Feb 23, 2004
7940 posts
3542 upvotes
Yeah, the plans are significantly worse.

I’m glad I signed a two year contract starting in April of this year.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2004
1360 posts
744 upvotes
videoeditting wrote: Can you care to explain how you get it and what area you live?? I live in North Van in BC and I have tried for years to lower my bill with Shaw and the only way is to leave them completely for Telus dsl. I chatted with Telus and they have crappy deals for my area (same prices/speed with shaw)....yes, others may get a better deal, however they (telus/shaw) know one does not have many options for some since there is zero competition....therefore I would take whatever student 'deal' I can to lower my fckng bill
It was an offer on their website for months last fall. I've been a customer for many years. I'm in BC as well. When my previous 2 year commitment was up, I simply called in and asked for the offer on their website.
Apr 22, 2009
360 posts
223 upvotes
chan1600 wrote: I applied online and got the deal successfully in BC.
good for you! I applied and they refused it....here is their response:

"We were unable to process your online request for Internet 300 on a 2-year ValuePlan as the promotional rate and online credit requested in your order reflects an Introductory Offer which apply to New Customers who have not subscribed to the Shaw (Internet, Video or Phone) service within the past 90 days.. This is stated under the Legal Terms of Use as per our website. The offer selected is also not available in your region. Internet 300 is available at $95/month for 2 years on 2-year ValuePlan."

I think is maybe best to cancel shaw and try with surfinternet however not sure how reliable they are for north shore. I believe they use shaw and they are cheaper but not decided due to their customer service.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2009
2477 posts
1102 upvotes
newfbc wrote: Hmm... I pay $60 for 300.. regular, non student plan.

Ron.
I was paying $35/month for 300 mbps for the last year, no contract... these prices are cold.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 2, 2001
5602 posts
3999 upvotes
GTA
humble_kid wrote: Since when their student price starts at $60?! It's always $40 for 75M. $60 for 100M is that even a discount for students anymore?
Maybe this is for rich students? Thinking Face
May 31, 2019
3 posts
8 upvotes
videoeditting wrote: good for you! I applied and they refused it....here is their response:

"We were unable to process your online request for Internet 300 on a 2-year ValuePlan as the promotional rate and online credit requested in your order reflects an Introductory Offer which apply to New Customers who have not subscribed to the Shaw (Internet, Video or Phone) service within the past 90 days.. This is stated under the Legal Terms of Use as per our website. The offer selected is also not available in your region. Internet 300 is available at $95/month for 2 years on 2-year ValuePlan."

I think is maybe best to cancel shaw and try with surfinternet however not sure how reliable they are for north shore. I believe they use shaw and they are cheaper but not decided due to their customer service.
You can use other person to be a new customer if you have other family member live with you.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)