Expired Hot Deals

[Shaw] Shaw 3 services bundled: $80, 2 free hd pvr, 3 digital boxes (BC ONLY?)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 15th, 2011 12:28 pm
[OP]
Nov 10, 2007
365 posts
60 upvotes
Vancouver

[Shaw] Shaw 3 services bundled: $80, 2 free hd pvr, 3 digital boxes (BC ONLY?)

Someone from Shaw knocked on my door and had a promotion to offer, it is as followed:

Shaw Digital Phone Basic:
-local phone service (no elc)
-call display
-3 cent/min in china and hong kong
-unlimited calls in canada and usa

shaw internet:
-xtreme speed 10-15 mbs
-8 no cost extras: includes shaw award winning security package, shaw secure 2.0
-up to 10 personal e-mails accounts
-24/7/365 technical assistance

shaw digital and hd tv:
classic & hdtv
-includes over 250 channels
-$4 extra for hd plus (reg $10)
-2 hd pvr
-3 digital boxes

-first month free
-total cost: 80 (all 3 services bundled together)+ 5 (hd plus) = $85

This promotion was only suppose to last until x-mas but was extended. only way to get this deal would be to cancel everything with shaw and make a new account under a new name. For now it might just be BC. Only way to get this deal is from calling the specific marketing team that goes door to door that advertise the deals, although this hasn't been confirmed at all yet. I got the representative's number and asked if i could referral anyone. Pm me for serious enquirers because i don't want to hand out the number and get the representative bombard with calls. In order to get the promotion you would have to cancel first and than the rep would call in right afterward. Canceling with shaw takes 10 business days i believe, at least with shaw cable. caution:Rep had to come inside house to fill out the paper work and call in. They said the promotion would only be up for a few more days and dunno what day exactly is the cut off date. The 3 hd pvr and 2 digital boxes are a rental for 3 years. This is a promotion for new customers but you can still get it if you are an existing customer. This promotion lasts for 13 months after which the price goes back up to roughly $130 but by then you can probably negotiate a new deal.

Don't forget to "thanks" me if you found this helpful at all!
331 replies
Oct 21, 2008
292 posts
34 upvotes
Is this another promotion for high-density areas/condos with access to Novus only?
[OP]
Nov 10, 2007
365 posts
60 upvotes
Vancouver
ienhz wrote:
Jan 12th, 2010 4:33 am
Is this another promotion for high-density areas/condos with access to Novus only?
Don't think so since i don't live in a multi dwelling building. the rep mention something about telus tv coming and wanting to take their customers or something along those lines though.
Aug 7, 2007
711 posts
41 upvotes
Metro-Vancouver
i don't think digital basic includes unlimited calling to canada and US.

just talking from experience
Nothing to sell for now :)

All junk... i mean stuff are sold ^^
[OP]
Nov 10, 2007
365 posts
60 upvotes
Vancouver
tungx2 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2010 5:08 am
i don't think digital basic includes unlimited calling to canada and US.

just talking from experience
i think the unlimited calling is a promo of some sort, like how the first month is free, etc.
Jul 26, 2009
23 posts
1 upvote
door to door sounds kinda shady, do businesses like shaw still do that?
i'm just saying that it could be a front for ID theft if you have hand over information on the spot.
Nov 28, 2005
119 posts
1 upvote
FrogsGoMoo wrote:
Jan 12th, 2010 7:57 am
i'm just saying that it could be a front for ID theft if you have hand over information on the spot.
why would the rep need to come into your place?
Jul 17, 2005
726 posts
37 upvotes
I would jump all over this deal if I didn't have to cancel and then sign up again. I've already had issues with Shaw about that whole 'process'. They say it's not allowed and my account is flagged. I hate them over there, but Shaw's my only option.

Though I guess Telus TV but I at least have to wait for NHL Center Ice sub to run out.
[OP]
Nov 10, 2007
365 posts
60 upvotes
Vancouver
FrogsGoMoo wrote:
Jan 12th, 2010 7:57 am
i've have friends who had different companies knock on their door and advertise their promotions. it didn't seem like theft though because when she wanted our second id, she said a safeway card was fine and that hardly contains any information at all.
RHui_BC wrote:
Jan 12th, 2010 10:47 am
why would the rep need to come into your place?
they don't have to necessarily come inside, you could give them a call and set up a meeting place, i think.
wanton007 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2010 12:24 pm
I would jump all over this deal if I didn't have to cancel and then sign up again. I've already had issues with Shaw about that whole 'process'. They say it's not allowed and my account is flagged. I hate them over there, but Shaw's my only option.

Though I guess Telus TV but I at least have to wait for NHL Center Ice sub to run out.
same for me. i heard several bad things about bell's service and if i went with telus i would have to get satellite tv because telus tv only works with 2 tvs max and with their satelttite i would need to rent a digital box for $5 each when i have 6 tvs. It ends up costing a lot in the end than with shaw's reg cable tv.
Jun 10, 2007
18 posts
1 upvote
Just got the deal tonight, everything was exactly as stated. Thanks again!
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2006
1796 posts
37 upvotes
corzo_cone wrote:
Jan 14th, 2010 11:12 pm
How did you go about getting it. Did they approach you, or did you have to call them. Current customer? New Customer>?
[OP]
Nov 10, 2007
365 posts
60 upvotes
Vancouver
corzo_cone wrote:
Jan 14th, 2010 11:12 pm
Glad everything went well for you!
TeriyakiJack wrote:
Jan 14th, 2010 11:17 pm
How did you go about getting it. Did they approach you, or did you have to call them. Current customer? New Customer>?
I gave him the number to call in. Just say that you were recommended to call this number and ask if they have any special or promotion for you if you wanted to bundle all three services together.
Jul 17, 2005
726 posts
37 upvotes
Anyone know if it's valid for Victoria BC and what the requirements are to 'qualify' for it?
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2007
2205 posts
275 upvotes
Edmonton
Shaw is doing exact same thing in Edmonton. A rep knocked on my door 2 days ago.
Sep 10, 2003
59 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver
I wonder if you can get this without the phone package... we all have cell phones. it would be pointless.
× < >