Expired Hot Deals

[Shaw] $45/300mbps + $250 credits (2 years) Hot !!!

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 16th, 2019 9:31 pm
Tags:
Jul 11, 2018
699 posts
498 upvotes
JoeStale wrote:
Feb 13th, 2019 12:17 am
You can probably count the number of house in Calgary that can get Telus fibre internet on one hand. Telus is an absolute joke.
It's surprising how many neighborhoods have been upgraded. That being said, Telus used to have a map showing current fibre locations and future expansion areas. In 10 minutes I couldn't navigate to where that was, and Google searches only showed me Edmonton. Clearly it's not something they're proud of otherwise they'd have it on blast.
Best deals:
Sep 3, 2017
218 posts
107 upvotes
Your "friend" will likely get rich just from the flood of RDFer wanting to jump on the deal.
Jun 22, 2016
188 posts
70 upvotes
Not important
Can I pay a fee to keep my TELUS email if I switch to Shaw ?
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
1112 posts
754 upvotes
TaurusJudge wrote:
Feb 13th, 2019 12:24 am
It's surprising how many neighborhoods have been upgraded. That being said, Telus used to have a map showing current fibre locations and future expansion areas. In 10 minutes I couldn't navigate to where that was, and Google searches only showed me Edmonton. Clearly it's not something they're proud of otherwise they'd have it on blast.
Does Telus even have a deal that can beat $35 Internet 300 anyway? I doubt they're willing to match the promotion, at least not at this speed yet. The main advantage is the upload speed while being hooked up to fiber (which is available in my area) but I'm more worried about prices, not speeds really...
Sep 1, 2017
52 posts
18 upvotes
Calgary
Lag333 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2019 2:11 am
Can I pay a fee to keep my TELUS email if I switch to Shaw ?
Yes they do, I believe it's $5.99 but don't quote me on that
Eric Yu
Shaw Communications
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2004
4003 posts
955 upvotes
Vancouver
IEpicDestroyer wrote:
Feb 13th, 2019 2:23 am
Does Telus even have a deal that can beat $35 Internet 300 anyway? I doubt they're willing to match the promotion, at least not at this speed yet. The main advantage is the upload speed while being hooked up to fiber (which is available in my area) but I'm more worried about prices, not speeds really...
TELUS Loyalty offered me $45/mo for Internet 50 on copper, basically 50% off the regular price for 2 years. It's for my parents, so speed's not a big deal. No need to deal with the fuss of switching and the hardware stays untouched.
Removed external link in signature.
Jan 30, 2015
78 posts
10 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Omnicron204 wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 10:41 pm
OP thanked.
Im an existing customer, signed up under another name with no issues.

Took less than 30 minutes
If your existing customer how does it work if u already have the equipments?
Mar 31, 2009
225 posts
190 upvotes
Soviet Canuckistan
Tabacky wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 4:47 pm
I am an existing Shaw customer and decided to hit the chat to see if I could get a discount on my current rate. Currently have Internet 300 and paying for $85+tax in Calgary.
After chatting, with the chat representative, he offered me $80 per month and to lock in for 2 years. I mentioned I wanted something closer to the intro rate.
I was transferred to another person who offered $75 a month and to also lock in for 2 years. I said no and wanted to cancel. So now I am cancelling and looking for alternatives.
I went on the shaw.ca website and filled out a little questionnaire that enabled me to order it for the same address and same info as my existing account, I thought, perfect, a loophole! After signing and agreeing to terms. Within 20 minutes I get an e-mail saying, since I am an existing customer I cannot get an intro rate. And they have a really special deal to offer me as an existing customer, it's $95 and I'd have to sign a contract for 2 years...

Exactly. If anyone at Shaw follows their own rules, you don't qualify. The OP's sales rep friend is clearly breaking them.

Try actually switching away from Shaw for 6 months to another provider, then you qualify for new customer promos.
Feb 12, 2019
1 posts
Seems I need to have some approved posts before I can message you directly, however I'm very interested and will be a new customer to Shaw. Any way we can get in contact to make this work??
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
1115 posts
451 upvotes
Sask
Just got the deal via chat no problem. I'm a new Shaw customer and their initial offer to me was internet 600 2yrs (1st year @ 60 and 2nd year @80). Then I mentioned the intro deal op posted for 45 a month and they said yes that they would honour that. Got my install booked for Saturday. Thanks OP!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
6889 posts
36254 upvotes
Done. replied another 90 msgs.

dont request for PM. just shoot me a msg.

For existing customers, she is being very careful now since many rfders messed it up from before.
However, some rfders told her they want to sign up for their basement ( event without a basement) or first floor and it worked.

My cousin lives in a shared house.
First floor = Him
2nd floor = Landlord

and they pay separately for their internet services.

If you are using another name to sign up, you should be able to get the deal.

If you got denied before, shoot me another msg. I can send it to another Shaw rep. She does promotional events and was able to offer this deal.
Just tell her do it for first floor or 2nd floor. Why 2 services? because the landlord doesn't pay for the tenants or the tenants want to get faster internet speed.

Make sure you sign up with a different name and contact # ( nothing associate with your previous account).
Aug 27, 2008
184 posts
36 upvotes
for any current customer that are having trouble finding a rep knows about this deal. i have called 4X to loyalty none of them knows about this deal or maybe denying it. i also chatted with ppl online 2x with existing accounts chat, they have no idea as well. i finally found someone from new customer chat that know about this deal. and she was able to help me update my account for this deal.
Feb 10, 2019
26 posts
27 upvotes
In Manitoba they have signs at the boots offering this deal. So most of the reps should be aware.