Expired Hot Deals

[Shaw] $45/300mbps + $250 credits (2 years) Hot !!!

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 12th, 2019 1:29 am
Tags:
May 14, 2017
136 posts
85 upvotes
Calgary, Ab
I got the the deal. Thanks OP

I’m a current Shaw customer with the student internet plan, called in to cancel my account with a move out excuse, and after my gf got into the web chat and got the deal saying that she was moving in to a new place on the same day I was moving out!
First Shaw representative offered $55 for the first 12 months and $70 for the following with $250 credit, but when my gf told representative about this $45 deal, the representative offered to call her and honor the deal through the phone, but not in the chat (maybe because of print screens posted on rfd? lol)
Feb 28, 2011
439 posts
360 upvotes
Thatdealguy wrote:
Feb 17th, 2019 7:22 am
replied another 60 msgs. just send me ur name and contact number.
then I can ask my friend to call you guys.

seems like Telus is offering something similar as well
Would appreciate any source or more information about Telus offering. Thanks.
Jul 15, 2008
844 posts
150 upvotes
Edge
Sorry if this was already asked, what's the UP speed and is this a contract for 2 yr? What's the penalty if you cancel earlier?
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2013
3646 posts
194 upvotes
Vancity
signup wrote:
Feb 17th, 2019 2:37 pm
Sorry if this was already asked, what's the UP speed and is this a contract for 2 yr? What's the penalty if you cancel earlier?
Upload - 15 mbps
Cancellation Fee - $15 a month
Dean Hamaguchi
Shaw Communications
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
16014 posts
6197 upvotes
AmRando wrote:
Feb 16th, 2019 8:42 pm
Without any context this means nothing.

What is the rep implying here? That you are an existing Shaw customer trying to cheat the system and signing up for another account? Or you lied to them about the contract owner?

We can infer that this means when someone audits your account and discovers you just cancelled one account to start another promo, they'll just revoke it. But without actually telling us what you said, or whether you're an existing customer all you're doing is trying to make Shaw look like they're in the wrong for applying a stated service policy that you agreed to.
The context is all there.

You will notice I mentioned I was trying to sign up through chat rather than a rep on this thread. This tells you I am eligible for the offer or else you are accusing you me lying to join in on the offer. That would be a baseless accusation.

Now we can infer from your posts that you're just having a bad day. I would suggest not posting when you are in this state.
Aug 18, 2018
14 posts
4 upvotes
Roger21 wrote:
Feb 17th, 2019 1:44 pm
You got a XB6?? I got shipped off with a Hitron.
I did, the local rep asked if i wanted a free upgrade as they have been out of stock of the other modem here for awhile apparently.
Aside from Docsis 3.1 it doesn't matter much to me as I have it set to bridge mode to use my own WiFi router but am still seeing it's hidden WiFi network pop up.
Feb 16, 2019
1 posts
Hi OP, I called in as a new customer and only got the $45/month deal but not the $250 credit. They said they were only offering that to Telus customers transferring over to Shaw. Could you help me out? Thanks!
Feb 13, 2019
312 posts
157 upvotes
SurveyMeNow wrote:
Feb 17th, 2019 2:45 pm
I did, the local rep asked if i wanted a free upgrade as they have been out of stock of the other modem here for awhile apparently.
Aside from Docsis 3.1 it doesn't matter much to me as I have it set to bridge mode to use my own WiFi router but am still seeing it's hidden WiFi network pop up.
I also got offered a Hitron. Not happy!
Feb 16, 2019
5 posts
15 upvotes
Just chatted with an online rep and was told that the $45 promo has expired.

She did offer me: "Internet 300, but 55$ a month with a 250$ bill credit on a two year plan for new internet customers".

A decent deal, but not all that great considering that over a 2 year contract its only $5/mo cheaper than what's offered online ($50 for 1 year, $70 for 2nd year).
Decision time...
Jul 9, 2009
311 posts
62 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyone know if Shaw is available in North Delta yet? Considering dumping Delta Cable since I pay $115 for 300m but never get more than this:

Sep 24, 2007
405 posts
82 upvotes
Kelowna
I just got off the phone with Telus. I called the number on the PDF bill (also noticed that version of the bill says next month the price of my Unlimited Internet 300 is going up $10!). Told them I was cancelling to switch to Shaw, told them what Shaw's offer was and said it was a huge difference.

First offer from them was to match the $45/mo for 1 year, no contract (honestly, at this price contract is not a negative IMO, but they talked like it was).
Second offer was to include a $100 credit as well.
We went back and forth a bit more and they upped the credit to $125.

So almost the same as Shaw, although only 1 year. Someone earlier in this thread got 2 years out of them, but it didn't seem like they were going to give me that (maybe if I went through with scheduling an install with Shaw?).

I decided to accept the offer from Telus and thought I'd share with others.

Edit: I just wanted to add, a friend of mine called in and right away they offered him 300/300 for 2 years at $45, plus $100 credit, so I guess it's YMMV with Telus.
Last edited by drlarsen on Feb 17th, 2019 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 6, 2017
3 posts
This is a great deal, however it is not offered in my city (Mississauga, ON). Does anyone know what might be the best internet deal for the Mississauga area?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
9535 posts
2422 upvotes
Got Shaw installed.

As expected I get the full 300mbps /15mbps.

Ping is a bit higher than Telus fiber, and in applications (battlenet downloads, etc) the speeds are lower vs Telus fiber but really not noticeable. I almost never need big upload bandwidth and the unlimited is a nice piece of mind since Telus actually charges you overages. And I made $250 for free. Feels like I took advantage of another banking chequing promo :D

All in all a better deal for my pocket and my needs vs the current 300/300 45/m I had with Telus until fall 2020. Now got the price extended (with extra $250 or 35/m equivalent) for almost half a year until feb/2021
May 14, 2017
136 posts
85 upvotes
Calgary, Ab
xTheRebellion wrote:
Feb 17th, 2019 4:19 pm
This is a great deal, however it is not offered in my city (Mississauga, ON). Does anyone know what might be the best internet deal for the Mississauga area?
Rogers definitely

There’s a thread here that some people are getting gigabyte internet plan for $29 a month

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

amazurok