Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Shaw

$45/300mbps + $250 credits (2 years) Hot !!!

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 19th, 2021 3:15 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2018
1515 posts
2810 upvotes
Winnipeg
MikeM21308 wrote: BTW, do you, or anybody else here, know if the new modem (technicolor/b6) can be bridged to ones existing router?

Heard from a shaw agent that it might present a problem in "bridge mode" given some built in "security" it possesses.
I can't answer your question directly, but I can offer an alternative. I was given the Hitron modem, and went the double-NAT route by just putting my second router into the DMZ.

What I like about this setup is that I can still use the wired/wireless on the supplied Gateway, which I use to keep IoT devices off my main network. It worked great with my old BellMTS gateway, and in early tests it seems to be working well here. For example, my Xbox One connected to the second router reports 'Open NAT' even with UPnP disabled.
Nov 25, 2013
30 posts
3 upvotes
Victoria
Existing Shaw customer, not on contract, paying around $100 for just internet. I'm moving at the end of the month. I live with a partner, so we could set up under her name at the new address. Please PM me. thx.
Oct 6, 2013
153 posts
28 upvotes
Alberta
Hey, last week I ordered this offer but got it at $55, not $45.
How can I get this $45???
Nov 18, 2011
239 posts
74 upvotes
EDMONTON
What happens to the pricing after 2 years? Does it go to the regular price?
May 27, 2018
9 posts
13 upvotes
Currently on the 8 month student contract. If this can apply to me, please PM
Sep 17, 2008
829 posts
320 upvotes
BC
cwangs wrote: What happens to the pricing after 2 years? Does it go to the regular price?
move to Telus
Sep 24, 2007
424 posts
112 upvotes
Kelowna
impostor wrote: Wasn't my experience at all. I called Telus Loyalty & Retentions department last week, told them I would be switching to Shaw and the deal that I was getting. They told me how the student special I've been getting was such a good deal already and all they offered was 25 mbps @ $25 for 12 months then $80 for 12 months, no credit. 16 years mean diddly squat to them I guess. Oh but I could keep my Telus address for $7/month.

When I contacted Telus to set a date for Internet cancellation, the rep didn't try to retain my service with any offers, just the general talk about how fibre is the future and Shaw uses shared copper lines. But at least he gave me a $15 reduction in my Optik TV price for 24 months, then it returns to what I'm paying now.
I personally know 3 people plus myself that all received the $45/mo for 24 months + credit retention offer from Telus, so I'm not sure what to tell you. We're all internet-only customers though (no TV or phone services), so maybe that's the difference.

Several years ago, I was on Shaw and switched to Telus on a similar cheap promotion. Every year something comes up and I call Telus, they offer me something worthwhile and I've stayed on.

If they didn't, I would 100% leave for the better deal and I would recommend you do so too. Fibre is better but it's not worth double. Sign up for Shaw and in 24 months start shopping again.
Aug 30, 2013
824 posts
999 upvotes
I managed to get the deal as an existing customer. What's the game plan now? Cancel old account after new one is hooked up?
Will tech have any concerns about setting up the additional service?
Didn't find an answer in the first 16 pages. Thanks
Feb 20, 2019
14 posts
9 upvotes
Coquitlam
MikeM21308 wrote: BTW, do you, or anybody else here, know if the new modem (technicolor/b6) can be bridged to ones existing router?

Heard from a shaw agent that it might present a problem in "bridge mode" given some built in "security" it possesses.

Thx...
Yes the technicolor Xb6 works fine in bridge mode. You may need to call support to unlock bridge mode, but you can check at 10.0.0.1
I'm not sure what "security" they are talking about.

I've got my xb6 bridged to a tplink Archer C2600. No problems on my end.

the xb6 seems to periodically broadcast a hidden wifi network though. -1
Oct 28, 2008
25 posts
6 upvotes
Vancouver
marcfar wrote: I managed to get the deal as an existing customer. What's the game plan now? Cancel old account after new one is hooked up?
Will tech have any concerns about setting up the additional service?
Didn't find an answer in the first 16 pages. Thanks
id also like to know pm me pls if so
Nov 9, 2018
11 posts
9 upvotes
JustinT205492 wrote: Did you get the deal as a new customer or existing customer?
New customer.
I had switched to Telus for one day and was about to return the modem; then they offered me the deal, then took it.
I'm returning the Telus equipment now. :)
Jul 11, 2016
100 posts
69 upvotes
Nextek wrote: Yes the technicolor Xb6 works fine in bridge mode. You may need to call support to unlock bridge mode, but you can check at 10.0.0.1
I'm not sure what "security" they are talking about.

I've got my xb6 bridged to a tplink Archer C2600. No problems on my end.

the xb6 seems to periodically broadcast a hidden wifi network though. -1
I'd trust the security on my router over Shaw's anyday. Whatever that person was talking about is nonsense. Just make sure you have a strong unique password, ports are closed, latest firmware, turn off wps, etc. There are tons of articles online on how to tighten security on your router.

With the XB6 you do not need to call shaw, the option to enable bridge is on the first page when you login to 10.0.0.1. Just keep an eye on it, if you ever need to trouble shoot and it gets reset it might go back to non-bridge mode which can cause issues.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2003
1050 posts
211 upvotes
gvrd
for existing customers who got this deal, were you able to keep your email address despite changing the name?
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
12851 posts
135813 upvotes
888888 upvotes
done. replied all 200 msgs.
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
Dec 14, 2017
117 posts
91 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Anyone still able to get this? :( Would love to get in on this deal.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2004
1560 posts
552 upvotes
Burnaby
Thanks @Thatdealguy
I actually thank you each month of the 2 years and double for the 1st 5 months as I finally got this deal.
No need to fight retention for loyalty discounts no more.
When I called to cancel Shaw they offered internet 75 for $50 and TV small for $40.
Hard pass.
Jan 1, 2012
37 posts
25 upvotes
Winnipeg
Hi,

My contract with Shaw ends in March. Is there anyone that can help me get this promo? Please PM me. Thanks so much.
Oct 11, 2017
474 posts
392 upvotes
Vancouver
Joyo23 wrote: Just got the deal today. Picked up my modem in Richmond. Tried to get the xb6 but the sales guy refused and wouldn't budge saying it's for internet 600 only :(
start bugging support , tell em you have latency \ ping problems with current modem and need technicolor xb6 .

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)