Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

TV October $ Free HDBOX $150 HD PVR Free month & Install

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2015 3:30 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2013
2896 posts
214 upvotes
ficklen wrote: I'm existing customer who isn't too happy about paying so much so you can send me offers
You won't get any discount unless you cancel. Shaw is very different from Bell or Rogers, you only get deals after you actually cancel the service. They will call you back in a week or so, it will be a different department that can you give you some discounts to try and convince you to come back. I got about $30 off my bill for a year, and 2 free HD Recievers (non-PVR model). Sadly the discount is only for a year, but the receivers are free. After a year, repeat the process (it's no contract). I didn't even unhook my receivers, they were just out for a week.

It's actually very easy, but like I said, unlike Bell or Rogers, with Shaw they will always call your bluff. You must cancel first, then they try to win you back.

You can tailor the deal to your liking as well. If you don't need new receivers, go for a bigger monthly discount (ask for about $40 off).

Also, never except lower programming bundles. They have a certain dscount cap they can work within, and will try to use as little of it as possible (I heard it's about $300 to $400, but I can't confirm that). I would advise asking for free hardware (if you need it), and going for a higher bundle with a larger discount, or the same bundle you had before, with a much larger discount.

By the way, keep in mind you can reject the deal. They will call you back a second time I believe.
“My biggest problem with modernity may lie in the growing separation of the ethical and the legal.”
-Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Sep 21, 2004
9 posts
Burlington
I Authorize Shaw Representatives to Send Me Private Messages with Various Marketing Material and Offers
Customer: New
Current Provider: Cogeco
City/Province: Ontario
Looking for: Satellite
My Heatware

IRC is just multiplayer notepad
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
8862 posts
2693 upvotes
Vancouver
Maximize wrote: You won't get any discount unless you cancel. ... They will call you back in a week or so... I didn't even unhook my receivers, they were just out for a week.
True, but you don't actually have to disconnect. I got the retention call back a week after canceling even though I had scheduled disconnect for 30 days ahead. I would certainly have stayed with Shaw if they had offered their retention deal initially, but by then Telus had made me a better offer and it just wasn't worth the effort to rethink everything again.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2003
1322 posts
90 upvotes
advisorgee wrote: I Authorize Shaw Representatives to Send Me Private Messages with Various Marketing Material and Offers
Current Provider: Cogeco
City/Province: Ontario
Looking for: Satellite
Sent pm. And you can ask him I didn't mention any referral stuff :)
Rogers
$35 Unlimited Local Calling
$30 6GB Data
$10 Retention VP (2500sms/CID/VM)
$75 + GRRF 2.13 + 5% GST = $80.99 :|
Jan 21, 2013
110 posts
10 upvotes
Edmonton
I Authorize Shaw Representatives to Send Me Private Messages with Various Marketing Material and Offers
Current Provider: Telus
City/Province: Alberta
Looking for: Satellite, Internet, phone.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2003
1322 posts
90 upvotes
Shaw123 wrote: If your looking to sign up for Shaw or Shaw Direct please pm what services you need , what city your in & who's your current provider . You will receive a pm shortly !!!
Or pm me.... The person who started this thread in the first place. That would be appreciated. I'm just trying to help out my buddy and the users on this forum. You guys already have a Shaw cable thread why try to thread jack mine??

Cheers.
Rogers
$30 6GB Data
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2003
1322 posts
90 upvotes
As of sept first this rental program will end and a purchase program will start and replace it. Just passing on this important detail.
Rogers
$30 6GB Data
Nov 9, 2010
29 posts
15 upvotes
Edmonton
If you're a NEW customer to Shaw

Current Provider:Bell
City/Province:Edmonton, Alberta
Looking for: Cable
Deal Fanatic
Sep 4, 2012
5074 posts
480 upvotes
Canada
cvan wrote: If you're a NEW customer to Shaw

Current Provider:Bell
City/Province:Edmonton, Alberta
Looking for: Cable
Sent pm
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2003
1322 posts
90 upvotes
New deals for September 2014
Rogers
$30 6GB Data
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2003
1322 posts
90 upvotes
updated OP with new September promo info :D
Rogers
$30 6GB Data
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2003
1322 posts
90 upvotes
If you're a NEW customer to Shaw reply to this thread in the below format

Current Provider:
City/Province:
Looking for: Shaw Direct Satellite.
Rogers
$30 6GB Data
Sep 1, 2014
1 posts
Current Provider: None
City/Province: Hamilton, On
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2003
1322 posts
90 upvotes
hewies wrote: I Authorize Shaw Representatives to Send Me Private Messages with Various Marketing Material and Offers
Current Provider: None
City/Province: Hamilton, On
You have pm
Rogers
$30 6GB Data
Nov 15, 2011
44 posts
2 upvotes
Current Provider: Bell
City/Province: Fort-Coulonge, Quebec
LG G3 32gb
ShareEverything 6gb
Roam like home
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2003
1322 posts
90 upvotes
dill823 wrote: I Authorize Shaw Representatives to Send Me Private Messages with Various Marketing Material and Offers
Current Provider: Bell
City/Province: Fort-Coulonge, Quebec
Pm sent
The deal is what is in the first post of this thread. I just need to know how much you want to spend monthly and any specific channels that you want included (like movies, specialty channels, etc)
Rogers
$30 6GB Data
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
JamesA1 wrote: True, but you don't actually have to disconnect. I got the retention call back a week after canceling even though I had scheduled disconnect for 30 days ahead. I would certainly have stayed with Shaw if they had offered their retention deal initially, but by then Telus had made me a better offer and it just wasn't worth the effort to rethink everything again.
Not a bad plan - my bill has gone sky high lately.

I like Shaw Direct a lot but I'm very unhappy with the numerous price hikes. Seems like twice a year since I joined.
Mar 12, 2008
723 posts
228 upvotes
Windsor
+1.............People pay for cable and SAT TV and then watch ADs on top. It's like paying twice. I use OTA and don't mind watching AD as I am watching FREE TV. Though, Netflix spoiled me and can't stand Ads anymore but for TV ADs I usually either change channel or take advantage of the Remote to MUTE while the ADs being played..... o :)
retrothing wrote: A minimum charge of $36/month for basic service is $432/year. I now use an OTA antenna for local channels + Netflix + occasional iTunes season passes. It costs less than $10/month and I don't have to sit through broadcasting that's 36% commercials. We've been satellite and cable free for almost a year.

Getting rid of monthly recurring fees is a wonderful way to improve your finances: ditch the $120 satellite bill, $150 mobile contract, $400 car payment and you'll find yourself with an extra $8000 a year of after tax money.

Cable companies insist on bundling worthwhile channels with complete garbage, forcing customers to pay for dozens of unwatched channels. It's an archaic scam that's simply unnecessary in a world where IPTV can be used to stream anything to customers in real time.
Jun 3, 2013
381 posts
93 upvotes
Although I agree that getting rid of monthly recurring charges can improve your finances. Most things like a car, internet and cell phone are necessities.

Cable TV is not. So it's hard if not impossible to save $8000 a year in monthly recurring costs by trying to ditch monthly payments.

I just use Antenna and Internet Streaming + Netflix as I hate commercials. The only challenge is watching my sports. But the savings is worth it for me. Close to $800/year.
retrothing wrote: A minimum charge of $36/month for basic service is $432/year. I now use an OTA antenna for local channels + Netflix + occasional iTunes season passes. It costs less than $10/month and I don't have to sit through broadcasting that's 36% commercials. We've been satellite and cable free for almost a year.

Getting rid of monthly recurring fees is a wonderful way to improve your finances: ditch the $120 satellite bill, $150 mobile contract, $400 car payment and you'll find yourself with an extra $8000 a year of after tax money.

Cable companies insist on bundling worthwhile channels with complete garbage, forcing customers to pay for dozens of unwatched channels. It's an archaic scam that's simply unnecessary in a world where IPTV can be used to stream anything to customers in real time.
Mar 2, 2013
129 posts
28 upvotes
Canuck2fan wrote: Robbers has a 14.99 special per month with 55 channels free standard digital box and no term limit they keep pestering me about. If I can get them to waive the 50.00 installation fee I might give it a try for a bit since I am too far from any OTA signals except Kitchener.
Hi, do you have a link to a thread/promotion for the rogers? That's not too shabby depending on the catches!

Thanks

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)