Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

TV October $ Free HDBOX $150 HD PVR Free month & Install

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2015 3:30 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 3, 2008
186 posts
59 upvotes
British Columbia
I Authorize Shaw Representatives to Send Me Private Messages with Various Marketing Material and Offers
Customer: Existing
Current Provider: Shaw
City/Province: Qualicum Beach, BC
Looking for: Shaw Direct Satellite TV + 2 receivers
For Sale: Nothing At This Time
Curretly Looking For: 1GB Video Card (suitable for Light gaming) | Steam Games | Audio Equipment | Vintage LPs | Interesting Trades |
Trades | Cash | EMT eBay Feedback +355
Nov 10, 2007
388 posts
68 upvotes
Vancouver
I Authorize Shaw Representatives to Send Me Private Messages with Various Marketing Material and Offers
Customer: New
Current Provider: Telus
City/Province: Vancouver, BC
Looking for: Shaw Direct Satellite TV + internet package
Banned
Jun 14, 2007
1674 posts
409 upvotes
Customer: Existing
Current Provider: Shaw Direct Satellite
City/Province: Cobourg On
Looking for: to ways to lower my bill from $125.86 to around $100
Jan 1, 2007
384 posts
62 upvotes
I have had Shaw Direct for 2 years now and it is one of the worst companies I have ever used, and yes I have had Rogers Cable and Bell Satellite.

I have an issue with a channels I have been paying for and not been able to access for over two months and the customer service I have encountered has been horrendous. For almost a month I was given the excuse we are working on and hope to have an answer soon. So at this point I finally asked for a refund of part of my bill as I was not able to watch things I am paying for and the CSR got snippy and told me "we are not willing to throw money to solve this, we are doing all we can do and you will just have to wait." This was the answer I got from the CSR supervisor so that was my breaking point and made up my mind to cancel.

The other continuing issues other than rates always going up are, my HDPVR crashes at least once a day, and a lot of HD feeds are actually just channels up converting a 480p feeds and not 720p/1080i feeds like on Rogers and Bell. I would warn anyone from signing up with Shaw Direct just for a few months of cheaper rates, but realize they come at a customer service and technology price.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2001
1332 posts
256 upvotes
Ottawa / Gatineau
Our monthly bill is exactly $188.50 and I just called to see if they could do any better. They wouldn't budge.
Finally I asked that our service be terminated. The CSR transferred us to the "retention dept" and the only thing he asked was why we where cancelling.

Edit:
Shaw Direct finally gave us a discount. :)
RFD-Anon member #001 - "Hi, my name is Amazing2 and I buy almost everything in the Hot Deals section... Except all that iStuff!"
Sep 23, 2010
49 posts
19 upvotes
I have been with Shaw Direct for 7 Years on the Ontario Value package. It used to be a good deal but with increases not so much. I called last Thursday to get a receiver replaced and the tech offered me a new plan called the Ontario Life plan for the same 74.99 I was paying for the old OVP. It has many more HD channels than the old package...also comes with the following bundles HD Extra's, More Sports, Fun Stuff and Hollywood movies. I will be getting a full channel list and will post later. All in all not a bad deal...I believe they have it for $59 for first 6 months for new customers +49 for an HD PVR. I was surprised because I did not ask for this deal the tech suggested it. Only for Ontario customers though.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2005
1455 posts
937 upvotes
Hawkesbury, ON
djbe wrote: I have been with Shaw Direct for 7 Years on the Ontario Value package. It used to be a good deal but with increases not so much. I called last Thursday to get a receiver replaced and the tech offered me a new plan called the Ontario Life plan for the same 74.99 I was paying for the old OVP. It has many more HD channels than the old package...also comes with the following bundles HD Extra's, More Sports, Fun Stuff and Hollywood movies. I will be getting a full channel list and will post later. All in all not a bad deal...I believe they have it for $59 for first 6 months for new customers +49 for an HD PVR. I was surprised because I did not ask for this deal the tech suggested it. Only for Ontario customers though.
I am on the same plan since December. The channel line up is pretty extensive and I get one free PPV per month. The one real advantage to Shaw Direct is that the used equipment goes for fairly cheap on kijiji ( i.e.- Yesterday I picked up 3 600 series receivers for $20 )
Dec 31, 2010
60 posts
49 upvotes
I'm on the OVP as well. I called to see if they could do anything about the price increases (last year they gave me a $10 credit for the year and PVR rental free for the year) and they wouldn't budge. These credits are now expired so my bill is $25 more a month now :(

It's not the value it once was... I'm curious about the channel line up on this Ontario Life plan. Could one of you post the channel line up?
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2013
3661 posts
198 upvotes
Vancity
If you want to sign up for Shaw or Shaw Direct , please pm what services you need , what city your in & I can help you . You can also reach me by phone or email to set it up .
Dean Hamaguchi
Rogers Communications
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2005
1426 posts
139 upvotes
Did anyone get the November 2014 DEAL? {Now Dead} Many of my friends with a single screen switched to this Deal and are very happy, anyone get this deal? And what's your thoughts on it?

SHAW DIRECT - NOVEMBER 2014 SALES EVENT Limited-time offer!

Digital Advantage for Only $44.99 (for 6 months) $55.99/month regular rate + an HDPVR receiver for $49 + Tax – paid up front on a CC
Our customer’s favourite package, including all the essentials and tons of specialty channels.

•FREE installation on first unit

What you get, Package Features
Shaw Direct on Demand with Over 10,000 titles
Over 40 TV networks
Up to 253 channels, Up to 42 in HD. All digital, Crystal Clear picture and sound

Satellite Dish & HDPVR
• 1 HDPVR for $49, our sleekest receiver ever
•2 free pay-per-view or on-demand movies*
•220 hours of SD recording

Receive your first month of service free on any programming package valued under $70

Offer available for a limited time and is subject to change without notice.
Available to qualified customers who haven’t been subscribed to Shaw Direct for the past 180 days.

Basic installation is provided at no cost for first receiver. Installation fees apply to additional hardware.
A multi-receiver fee (MRF) of $6.02 may apply for customers with two or more receivers.

†Limit of two PPV/VOD coupons per customer. Coupons must be used within 3 months of activation and will credit the value of up to 2 PPV/VOD rental titles, each valued at $7.99, or less. Coupon will not apply to events or adult titles.
Sep 21, 2009
873 posts
196 upvotes
retrothing wrote: A minimum charge of $36/month for basic service is $432/year. I now use an OTA antenna for local channels + Netflix + occasional iTunes season passes. It costs less than $10/month and I don't have to sit through broadcasting that's 36% commercials. We've been satellite and cable free for almost a year.

Getting rid of monthly recurring fees is a wonderful way to improve your finances: ditch the $120 satellite bill, $150 mobile contract, $400 car payment and you'll find yourself with an extra $8000 a year of after tax money.

Cable companies insist on bundling worthwhile channels with complete garbage, forcing customers to pay for dozens of unwatched channels. It's an archaic scam that's simply unnecessary in a world where IPTV can be used to stream anything to customers in real time.
well put

this is no longer the era of tvs and dishes, it is the era of internet and watching whatever u feel like there

once the internet generation comes to full bloom, tv disghes and receivers wil be something you find in antique stores for 1$

a bit like used books or cds today

all they can do now is rely on older folk who still don't know how to save money with internet and allow themselves to be ripped off

its unfortunate .. but thats business.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2005
1426 posts
139 upvotes
kolok wrote: well put this is no longer the era of tvs and dishes, it is the era of internet and watching whatever u feel like there once the internet generation comes to full bloom, tv disghes and receivers wil be something you find in antique stores for 1$ a bit like used books or cds today all they can do now is rely on older folk who still don't know how to save money with internet and allow themselves to be ripped off its unfortunate .. but thats business.
Internet Speed is the only thing holding me back combined with Bandwidth but it’s on its way is, I see a Vancouver start-up offering fiber optic access at dedicated speeds of 1 Gbps to 10 Gbps. At its slowest advertised speed about 300 times faster than my current speed, I would run out of Bandwidth within minutes.
Oct 12, 2006
416 posts
58 upvotes
Simcoe
Moe Hunter wrote: Internet Speed is the only thing holding me back combined with Bandwidth but it’s on its way is, I see a Vancouver start-up offering fiber optic access at dedicated speeds of 1 Gbps to 10 Gbps. At its slowest advertised speed about 300 times faster than my current speed, I would run out of Bandwidth within minutes.
There will always be a market for Satellite - rural areas with no or limited internet access/speed. I know because I am one of them. I still can't believe that in the year 2015 - living 1 hour north of Toronto I still cannot get Cable or DSL to my house. The golf course 1 km south of me is where the lines stop and Bell has no plans to extend.

I just read about Norway - they are running FIBER internet to all ALL homes in the country! Thier goverment understands the future.......Canada does not. - End of Rant.

Cheers
Sep 21, 2009
873 posts
196 upvotes
rob1 wrote: There will always be a market for Satellite - rural areas with no or limited internet access/speed. I know because I am one of them. I still can't believe that in the year 2015 - living 1 hour north of Toronto I still cannot get Cable or DSL to my house. The golf course 1 km south of me is where the lines stop and Bell has no plans to extend.

I just read about Norway - they are running FIBER internet to all ALL homes in the country! Thier goverment understands the future.......Canada does not. - End of Rant.

Cheers
why do you say always? and then talk about what norway does.. if norway does it then eventually so will everyone. including here.

that's what future is. and it has nothing to do with satellites and eveyrthing to do with internet. it'll be faster and more widely available.. whether through drones or what not..

everything is and will be moving to internet. tv will not escape that.

they need to take advantage of the last few people who do not understand this. and that;s what they are doingf. just as bells landline phones went into abyss with cell phones or phone over internet.

all of above, plus of course the fact that there is no future for your rural areas. in future there will be no rural areas. there will only be large cities with 99% of population of country livin there. not today and not tomorrow, but might as well get on the internet band wagon already now.
Oct 12, 2006
416 posts
58 upvotes
Simcoe
I agree with some of what you wrote - not all.... the part about rural homes - there will always be rural homes - not everyone wishes to live in the city. Where are thery going to grow all the food? Cities?

Anyway I hope your right - and I hope we see most of this within the next 5 years....

Cheers
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2005
1426 posts
139 upvotes
“Size of economy” Canada has a Land Mass of 9.98 Million square kilometers while Norway’s is 323,802 square kilometers. Greater Toronto has a population larger than Norway. Currently many non-democratic countries lead the world in new technology, china and north Korea Etc, But if the western world wants its grove back its going to have to step up, but not in my life time.
Apr 15, 2009
2 posts
1 upvote
Kitchener, ON
Customer: New
Current Provider:none
City/Province:woodstock, on
Looking for: Shaw Direct Satellite.

I received a flyer for Ontario Life Package but am a new customer and would need more than one receiver. Let me know what you can do.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)