Hot Deals

[Shaw] Free 60 day trial for The Movie Network & HBO YMMV (New and existing customers)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 18th, 2017 6:10 pm
[OP]
Dec 26, 2013
67 posts
757 upvotes

[Shaw] Free 60 day trial for The Movie Network & HBO YMMV (New and existing customers)

Shaw is promoting 60-day free trial on The Movie Network and HBO for new customers and I got it as an existing customer without even asking for it. Via live Chat.

So if anyone is already on Shaw give them a shout if this interests you. That's $18.00 in savings / month on these channels. Get ready for the Game of Thrones Season!

This is also very YMMV as I have not heard any other existing customers getting this.

(See the bottom of the posted link)

Enjoy!
48 replies
Nov 17, 2013
397 posts
45 upvotes
WINNIPEG
You had to contact them or just hit the 'order' button on the link provided?
Did you get charged right away and will get a credit back as a refund?Are you supposed to contact them to stop the service or you can manage it in your user profile before you are charged?
May 2, 2017
31 posts
1 upvote
Cant wait for GOT premiere and 60 days free trial is yoo hoo...
"Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it." ~ Bruce Lee
[OP]
Dec 26, 2013
67 posts
757 upvotes
vrredflag wrote:
Jul 10th, 2017 3:12 am
You had to contact them or just hit the 'order' button on the link provided?
Did you get charged right away and will get a credit back as a refund?Are you supposed to contact them to stop the service or you can manage it in your user profile before you are charged?
I got this deal from live chat as I posted in the OP. You are able to cancel anytime as with any other them pack available. You will see on your bill the you have been charged $18 for the add-on but below you will also see a -$18 promo that brings. The add-on to $0.00. You can call or chat to cancel the add-on anytime.

I wouldn't manage it online as the promo may not kick in. Be aware that this is YMMV.
Mar 9, 2011
14 posts
2 upvotes
Calgary, AB
* 100% off for 2 months’ offer is available until August 31st, 2017 to Shaw Cable customers who are renting BlueSky TV equipment for the first time and who are not currently subscribed to The Movie Network and have not subscribed during the previous 90 days
Sep 9, 2015
237 posts
102 upvotes
Nanaimo
Just in case anyone was thinking this, I contacted Telus and they are not offering the same deal. :(
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
2275 posts
358 upvotes
Vancouver
PaulP wrote:
Jul 10th, 2017 8:35 pm
So you have to be renting the BlueSky TV equipment to qualify?

OP, are you renting BlueSky equipment?
Mar 4, 2016
250 posts
78 upvotes
Bishop8 wrote:
Jul 10th, 2017 9:17 pm
So you have to be renting the BlueSky TV equipment to qualify?

OP, are you renting BlueSky equipment?
Curious about this as well. I don't have BlueSky equipment but I know they are definitely pushing it
Jan 25, 2014
10 posts
1 upvote
Montr
Thanks OP. Just called in and got this promo, even as an existing customer without BlueSky equipment :)
Jul 20, 2015
20 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Shaw told me I was not eligible for this promo since I was existing and didn't have bluesky! I will try again.

****EDIT***

I went back online and spoke to a rep via chat and was able to get the promo and I am in BC.

I told him that a few co-workers and a couple friends were able to get this promo, they are existing shaw customers and neither of them had to change or upgrade their current cable packages to receive this promo.

He checked my account to see if I had a previous hbo/tmn promo on my account from earlier this year. I didn't have it so he gave me the 60 day free trial of HBO and a $12 SOD credit.

It will work if your persistent enough
Dec 11, 2009
182 posts
17 upvotes
I tried with the live chat and didn't have success (existing customer). Is there anyone who has tried it several times?
“There are two sorts of people. The players and the pieces.” ~ Petyr Baelish
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2003
1158 posts
46 upvotes
Vancouver
Tried twice on online chat today. No success.

EDIT: Called retentions about it and they just gave me 2 months free and said I would be billed after that if i didn't cancel.
Nov 17, 2015
16 posts
8 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
I got it. I am an existing customer and do not have Bluesky. The first chat agent was no deal, I literally said well I'll just keep trying until I get an agent that will do it for me. I got it from the second agent. At first it was no go and he tried to transfer me to someone to sell me Bluesky I just said there is lots of people in online forums who are getting it and if they won't throw me a bone too then I may switch providers. He said I'll see what I can do and a minute later I had it.
Oct 4, 2008
643 posts
72 upvotes
Anyone who as on the $9 promo (50%) off that was able to hop on this deal ?
I will call tonight and check when my 3 month promotion is expiring. If it expired I will cancel (after trying to get 60 days free).
Sep 7, 2009
118 posts
17 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks OP, called in and talk to the loyalty dept and got the promo no questions asked.