Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Shaw

SHAW- Free PVR Upgrade when ordering NFL Sunday Ticket

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 13th, 2010 12:14 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 24, 2007
139 posts
15 upvotes

[Shaw] SHAW- Free PVR Upgrade when ordering NFL Sunday Ticket

If you currently have a Shaw PVR and you order NFL Sunday Ticket (NFLST), you can swap you old PVR for a brand new 500GB DCX 3400 (regular price is $398) for free. If you do not have a PVR, you can buy one for $198 (with the purchase of NFLST).

I went in today and was able to trade in both my old PVR's for two new ones. NFLST details: Enjoy Early Bird pricing of $39.95 per month for four months – available until September 6th, 2010.

So for me, I got $800 worth of PVR's (I traded in two old Motorola's) for $160, and also get all the NFL games in HD (yes, all games are in HD this year). Not sure how long this promo is going for, but apparently stock is going quickly. One of the reasons they are doing this deal, is the NFLST is streamed in MPEG-4 (and the old boxes do not handle that format).

Was an easy way for me to get my wife to agree to let me get NFLST :)
144 replies
Jun 19, 2006
595 posts
83 upvotes
Vancouver
Did you own the PVR's you traded in or were they rentals.?
Nov 27, 2003
159 posts
3 upvotes
conjurer wrote: If you currently have a Shaw PVR and you order NFL Sunday Ticket (NFLST), you can swap you old PVR for a brand new 500GB DCX 3400 (regular price is $398) for free. If you do not have a PVR, you can buy one for $198 (with the purchase of NFLST).

I went in today and was able to trade in both my old PVR's for two new ones. NFLST details: Enjoy Early Bird pricing of $39.95 per month for four months – available until September 6th, 2010.

So for me, I got $800 worth of PVR's (I traded in two old Motorola's) for $160, and also get all the NFL games in HD (yes, all games are in HD this year). Not sure how long this promo is going for, but apparently stock is going quickly. One of the reasons they are doing this deal, is the NFLST is streamed in MPEG-4 (and the old boxes do not handle that format).

Was an easy way for me to get my wife to agree to let me get NFLST :)
Will this effect regular HD Boxes
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3489 upvotes
Victoria
I think they're doing it because they're going to air the HD games using MP4 technology which isn't supported by the older boxes (I'm assuming it consumes less bandwidth so they can offer more channels that way?)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
6673 posts
2688 upvotes
calgary
Are the actually going to air more than 3 games in HD this year (that are usually televised on the regular HD channels)? That was my motivation to switching to bell a few years back and I wouldn't hesitate to return to shaw if this is the case
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2004
3065 posts
523 upvotes
Assuming this is for Shaw cable and not Shaw Direct (satellite service formerly called Starchoice)?

Also, how much is NFLST?

If only they'd do this for NBA LP.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
6673 posts
2688 upvotes
calgary
killbillvol1 wrote: Assuming this is for Shaw cable and not Shaw Direct (satellite service formerly called Starchoice)?

Also, how much is NFLST?

If only they'd do this for NBA LP.
Early bird is 40$/month and after September it's 50$/month
Jun 19, 2006
595 posts
83 upvotes
Vancouver
SpicYMchaggis wrote: Are the actually going to air more than 3 games in HD this year (that are usually televised on the regular HD channels)? That was my motivation to switching to bell a few years back and I wouldn't hesitate to return to shaw if this is the case
Apparently ALL the games will be available in HD.
Feb 19, 2007
221 posts
7 upvotes
I heard only the swap can be done as long as it's a purchased box and still under warranty. If it's not then you can rent one for free for the duration of the nfl season
May 23, 2004
435 posts
42 upvotes
Winnipeg
Do you have to buy all 4 months or just 1 month?
Dec 13, 2007
80 posts
26 upvotes
fifa204 wrote: Do you have to buy all 4 months or just 1 month?
All 4. The fine print:

*Price increases to $49.95 per month for four months after September 6, 2010. Must subscribe to full NFL Sunday Ticket season (four months). Offer subject to change without notice. Shaw products and services are subject to Terms of Service as occasionally amended. All NFL Sunday Ticket™ games are afternoon games scheduled on Eastern Standard Time (EST). Sunday evening games are not included. “NFL,” the NFL Shield™ and NFL Sunday Ticket™ are registered trademarks of the National Football League and its affiliates. Conditions may apply. **To view in HD, compatible Shaw HD hardware and HD-capable television are required.

No evening games :(
Aug 10, 2010
93 posts
16 upvotes
Kelowna
Hey Everyone,
I'm an official Customer Care representative from Shaw Cable and I just wanted to share some of the information with you.

If you are getting NFL Sunday Ticket, it's best to sign up before September 6th for the "Early Bird Deal" for $39.95 a month for 4 months.
When you sign up, you subscribe to the whole season.

Now the reason we are doing all of these promotions with the boxes, are because in order to watch any of the NFL Sunday Ticket games, you will need a Shaw HD digital box that is compatible with MPEG-4 technology.
Some of our older HD boxes do not work with MPEG-4 so they need to be exchanged.

The following digital box swap is only available to NFL Sunday Ticket customers.
Jun 6, 2005
77 posts
6 upvotes
quick question guys, when I get sunday ticket. Will it work on all tvs or is it just for a single terminal

thanks
Aug 10, 2010
93 posts
16 upvotes
Kelowna
It works on all TV's as long as they have a compadible HD terminal.
Sep 8, 2005
389 posts
25 upvotes
Vancouver
Sweet deal!! - I have two pvrs that I'd like to upgrade.

The NHL season is still a while a ways, but does anyone know if Shaw will be doing the same thing for NHL Center Ice?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2002
6065 posts
2506 upvotes
yoboseo wrote: No evening games :(
Aren't all the evening games nationally available either on NBC or TSN anyways?
Flipper wrote: Will this effect regular HD Boxes
You can swap it for the Pace Summit. Adding an external ESATA drive turns it into a dual-tuner PVR.
Aug 10, 2010
93 posts
16 upvotes
Kelowna
qubikal wrote: The NHL season is still a while a ways, but does anyone know if Shaw will be doing the same thing for NHL Center Ice?
I haven't gotten confirmation yet; but rumors say yes.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2004
3065 posts
523 upvotes
So is this for Shaw Cable or Shaw Direct (satellite), or both? :confused:
Aug 10, 2010
93 posts
16 upvotes
Kelowna
killbillvol1 wrote: So is this for Shaw Cable or Shaw Direct (satellite), or both? :confused:
Just Shaw Cable.
Shaw Direct doesn't have any swap programs or anything of the sort; but I have heard they are working on some MPEG-4 technology. I don't know where they are with it though.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)