Expired Hot Deals

[Shaw] internet 600 = 1st yr ($60) / 2nd yr ($80) + $250 credits

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 27th, 2019 12:23 pm
Member
User avatar
Jul 9, 2009
313 posts
62 upvotes
Vancouver
Just got installed, not desired speeds but still waaaaay better than shitty Eastlink/Delta Cable:

Image Image
Newbie
May 24, 2008
4 posts
1 upvote
Victoria
ClarkZuckerberg wrote: I don't see anything dishonest about it. The term means to lie on your books, financially. It's not about giving deals back to back that seem dishonest. That's all my point was. It means you're committing fraud.
What level of honesty would we judge this business practice?

Post an exhorbitant rate on one's website and then offer another price when one contacts them directly. Or dispatch Shaw agents to sign up people in a forum that has published tactics like lying about the sign up situations, all the while Shaw saying they don't know who that team is and that they will be reprimanded when they find out. Or sign up someone at a high rate and let them pay that high rate for years, even though the price has steadily dropped but the company doesn't tell that customer about it.

Shaw and Telus should post their rates on their website for new and existing customers. And then stick by it whether it's web, phone, chat or agents. And when prices drop, also automatically lower it on the bill of those customers that have the service already.

Of course I would also like world peace... ;-)
Last edited by BegisLee on Mar 2nd, 2019 2:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2015
2423 posts
1875 upvotes
Cochrane, AB
BegisLee wrote: Shaw and Telus should post their rates on their website for new and existing customers. And then stick by it whether it's web, phone, chat or agents. And when prices drop, also automatically lower it on the bill of those customers that have the service already.

Of course I would also like world peace... ;-)
You are looking for TekSavvy or Cancom of you want that level of service. When I was on Teksavvy, they automatically dropped my monthly price after they got better wholesale prices from the CRTC from Shaw and never raised my rates for the whole time I was with them.

The sign up and installation fees do suck with TekSavvy, though.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Oct 15, 2006
131 posts
14 upvotes
Alberta
I'm with Shaw. I want to sign to Telus internet month to month. What is the best Telus deal right now?
No external links in signatures
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 21, 2015
7667 posts
42066 upvotes
Ontario
covergirl wrote: I'm with Shaw. I want to sign to Telus internet month to month. What is the best Telus deal right now?
$60 150 internet on 2 years.
get $200 or $250 credits on first bill.

cancel = $10/month.

pretty much same as no contract.
Costco West Lists

Costco 【West】 2020 Clearance items .97
If you have time, please do the RFD Survey. It only takes a minute. More sponsors for them. Link
Newbie
Oct 29, 2018
23 posts
9 upvotes
My wife and I were paying about $160-180/mo with Telus. She locked into a three year about four years ago before we met. This was for their top speed mind you. Today at the home and garden show Shaw internet 300 for$50/no for the first year, $70 for the second year. Extra $25/no for basic cable and 2 HD pvr gateway boxes. Cut our bill in half so we're happy. Includes crave too. Hopefully the speed is fine, it should be .
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 6, 2013
1299 posts
1114 upvotes
Vancouver
I would highly recommend against signing with Shaw. My service has been down for 10 hours now. Considering that I'm in Vancouver where connection isn't an issue. Something as simple as a router swap caused their whole back end to completely switch off my internet.

If you have fibre in your area from Telus just go with that. It's seriously way better and they will typically match Shaw as best as they can
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 21, 2015
7667 posts
42066 upvotes
Ontario
HoboEater wrote: I would highly recommend against signing with Shaw. My service has been down for 10 hours now. Considering that I'm in Vancouver where connection isn't an issue. Something as simple as a router swap caused their whole back end to completely switch off my internet.

If you have fibre in your area from Telus just go with that. It's seriously way better and they will typically match Shaw as best as they can
i agree and telus has better loyalty plans than Shaw $10 off or charge you more than your current plan
Costco West Lists

Costco 【West】 2020 Clearance items .97
If you have time, please do the RFD Survey. It only takes a minute. More sponsors for them. Link
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jul 21, 2013
640 posts
295 upvotes
Calgary
HoboEater wrote: I would highly recommend against signing with Shaw. My service has been down for 10 hours now. Considering that I'm in Vancouver where connection isn't an issue. Something as simple as a router swap caused their whole back end to completely switch off my internet.

If you have fibre in your area from Telus just go with that. It's seriously way better and they will typically match Shaw as best as they can
LOL, says the guy with a Telus picture. I have had Shaw for over 5 years now and barely had issues with connectivity. Whoever still sticks with Telus is an idiot.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Oct 11, 2017
113 posts
72 upvotes
Vancouver
Roger21 wrote: LOL, says the guy with a Telus picture. I have had Shaw for over 5 years now and barely had issues with connectivity. Whoever still sticks with Telus is an idiot.
whatever side u turn it - fibre is way more superior than coax.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jul 21, 2013
640 posts
295 upvotes
Calgary
Serg81 wrote: whatever side u turn it - fibre is way more superior than coax.
I have had Telus and it was pure shit. They promise fibre with low latencies but if your backbone network has cheap poor peering it will never be great. I do a lot of work overseas and often I would never be able to RDP to a datacenter at AMSIX with more than 500kb/s. Shaw at least I get about 8Mb/s.

Plus their customer service is always horror. Got another ghost invoice and it took me 2 weeks for them to figure it out what it was. Not to mention the hours of waiting times on chat and phone.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Oct 11, 2017
113 posts
72 upvotes
Vancouver
Roger21 wrote: I have had Telus and it was pure shit. They promise fibre with low latencies but if your backbone network has cheap poor peering it will never be great. I do a lot of work overseas and often I would never be able to RDP to a datacenter at AMSIX with more than 500kb/s. Shaw at least I get about 8Mb/s.

Plus their customer service is always horror. Got another ghost invoice and it took me 2 weeks for them to figure it out what it was. Not to mention the hours of waiting times on chat and phone.
well, u can waste any good technology with half assing and being dirt cheap lol. ive only tried telus adsl and shaw cable is better, fact.

Top