• Jul 27th, 2019 12:23 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2015
2423 posts
1875 upvotes
Cochrane, AB
n2speed wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2019 12:44 pm
shaw has fixed pricing for the base price on the contract. Since you are signing up for internet there’s no packages add on, therefore it will be the same for two years.

It would be different for TV services. They would guaranteed you the essential package rate would be the same. However if the tv theme packs rates goes up than your price would increase.
Now that is just confusing! So Shaw internet and basic cable TV would be fixed price on a 2 year contract but any cable TV theme packages could increase at any time even if they are part of your 2 year contract?

The CRTC needs to be all over this like Costco resellers over fleece blankets.
Jul 3, 2013
29 posts
5 upvotes
JoeStale wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2019 12:59 pm
Now that is just confusing! So Shaw internet and basic cable TV would be fixed price on a 2 year contract but any cable TV theme packages could increase at any time even if they are part of your 2 year contract?

The CRTC needs to be all over this like Costco resellers over fleece blankets.
Yeah that’s how it works.

“If any of your Services have a price guarantee (as identified . Price guarantees do not apply to any television add-ons, channels, channel packages, theme packs, rental equipment, phone add-ons (such as voicemail or call waiting), domestic or international long-distance charges, pay-per-use charges or third-party costs including, but not limited to, levies, surcharges, taxes or other fees required to be paid as a result of the Services provided.”
Mar 7, 2011
1 posts
Hi,

I'm looking to get the Internet 300 plan, PM with details please!
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
1492 posts
480 upvotes
Calgary
JoeStale wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 8:25 pm
Telus "contracts" are not fixed price. They are fixed discounts so your monthly bill will increase every year when they increase prices.
It is a 2 year promotional guaranteed price. Also having worked for retentions for Shaw I can tell you how flexible telus is compared to Shaw when it comes to working out price point on packages.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
1492 posts
480 upvotes
Calgary
Thatdealguy wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2019 12:38 pm
I don’t think any of them are fixed price ?

Shaw = price + discounts for 24 months
When the price goes up so does the discount adjustment goes up.
Mar 23, 2019
2 posts
Hi,

I'm looking to get the Internet 300 plan, PM with details please!
Feb 2, 2017
40 posts
32 upvotes
WPG
My co worker just signed up for Internet 300 for $50 a month 24 months .
Dec 6, 2016
12 posts
12 upvotes
calgary,AB
Hi,

I'm on the market for the Internet 300 plan, PM with details if possible THX
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2013
3662 posts
195 upvotes
Vancity
Hi All ,