Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Shaw

New promo & New student promo

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 16th, 2019 5:35 pm
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
12851 posts
135831 upvotes
888888 upvotes

[Shaw] New promo & New student promo

Internet 100 = $43/month
2 years
$150 credits

Internet 300 = $53/month (regular modem)
2 years
$250 credits

Or

Internet 300 = $60/month with Bluecurve modem (can turn off the wifi and limit your kid's usage.)
2 years
$250 credits
——————
New Student Plans

Internet 100 $45/month
12 months pricing no contract
No credit

Internet 300 $55/month
12 months pricing no contract
No credit
—————————

Internet 300 + smallTV = $88/month
2 years
$250 credits

Internet 300 + Med TV = $125/month
2 years
$250 credits

Just confirmed with my Shaw outbound rep. You should be able to get it in any Shaw stores.

Note:

- existing customers. Need to cancel and sign up with another person’s name. Most reps will not do it for you because they don’t get paid.

- to get student plans. You need to give them your student ID #. They don’t check or verify it. Just remember the number that you gave them. Works with your previous student # as well.

Edit #1 :
Canuck28 wrote: You just need to call Shaw and tell them that you would like to cancel and switch to Telus. Why? Because Telus just offered an incredible deal, of course.

I talked to someone in Customer Sevice who said they could not do better than what I had. So I said, "no worries, just transfer me through to the cancellation department, please". They then put me through to someone who offered something much better. I said "thanks, but not good enough". They then transferred me one more time. The guy offered the following:

Shaw Internet 300
- $38 for the first year
- $53 for the second year
- $250 bill credit

After doing the math, that comes to $36.20 per month pre-tax. This is not a student plan. It is a National Retention Plan. The guy was incredibly nice and gave me his direct line in case I ever need anything.

I still can't believe how good of a deal it is! So happy!
Canuck28 wrote: The person definitely didn't make a mistake. He seemed very well informed and was the third person in the chain that I talked to, seemingly having the highest authority to offer deals.

He called it their National Retention Plan. I believe others could get the same result, though you do need to put in some effort.
Canuck28 wrote: I can confirm that I live in B.C. and got the $38/month first year, $53/month second year and $250 bill credit as part of the National Retention Plan when threatening to cancel with Shaw and move to Telus. Not sure if the $250 could happen for new customers in B.C. though.

S/he got this deal 3-4 days ago.
I asked one of my friends who worked at Shaw loyalty department and she said she cannot offer this but can forward me to that rep that helped @Canuck28.
Seems likes not all department can offer that plan. Need to call a couple of times. Good Luck.

Edit #2
trellaine201 wrote: Lucky. Found someone in a good mood or they made a mistake.
Last edited by Thatdealguy on Jul 28th, 2019 3:55 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
242 replies
May 1, 2019
68 posts
26 upvotes
Vancouver
Just to clarify the two prices you listed for 300, the price difference is dependent on whether or not one wants the newer Blue Curve modem or is okay with a Hitron. Student plans come with Hitrons as well.
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
12851 posts
135831 upvotes
888888 upvotes
kanechart wrote: Don't Forget to PM the OP for special referral deals because RFD keeps allowing this crap in signatures.
Sorry, when did I say pm me to get this plan?

These plans are available to anyone. Any Shaw stores.
Don’t need to find an outbound sales rep for this promo.
Apr 1, 2018
162 posts
72 upvotes
can I get on the student plan if I am existing shaw customer with non-student plan?
May 1, 2019
68 posts
26 upvotes
Vancouver
jaychoy912 wrote: can I get on the student plan if I am existing shaw customer with non-student plan?
Yes as long as you’re not under a contract. Just go into a retail store with your student ID and you can switch to it.
Aug 15, 2004
282 posts
11 upvotes
Edmonton
Why does the non student offer have 2 prices for 300? What's different between the 53 and 60 Plan?
Jun 10, 2019
46 posts
17 upvotes
the difference is that the lower price comes with our hitron modem whereas the $60 plan comes with our bluecurve modem which is more powerful
Jun 30, 2016
250 posts
654 upvotes
Vancouver
Just spoke with Shaw online chat. The student plans are $60 for 100 and 80 for $300 apparently. Has this deal started? They would not give me the rate in this post.
Nov 18, 2011
239 posts
74 upvotes
EDMONTON
MrShawSales wrote: the difference is that the lower price comes with our hitron modem whereas the $60 plan comes with our bluecurve modem which is more powerful

If I use another persons name that was with shaw before would i still get the pricing?
May 26, 2011
191 posts
215 upvotes
You just need to call Shaw and tell them that you would like to cancel and switch to Telus. Why? Because Telus just offered an incredible deal, of course.

I talked to someone in Customer Sevice who said they could not do better than what I had. So I said, "no worries, just transfer me through to the cancellation department, please". They then put me through to someone who offered something much better. I said "thanks, but not good enough". They then transferred me one more time. The guy offered the following:

Shaw Internet 300
- $38 for the first year
- $250 bill credit

After doing the math, that comes to $36.20 per month pre-tax. This is not a student plan. It is a National Retention Plan. The guy was incredibly nice and gave me his direct line in case I ever need anything.

Nov 18, 2011
239 posts
74 upvotes
EDMONTON
Canuck28 wrote: You just need to call Shaw and tell them that you would like to cancel and switch to Telus. Why? Because Telus just offered an incredible deal, of course.

Shaw Internet 300
- $38 for the first year
- $250 bill credit

That deal sounds really good.Care to share the guys direct number?
May 26, 2011
191 posts
215 upvotes
cwangs wrote: That deal sounds really good.Care to share the guys direct number?
I would but I don't think he would appreciate that. Just call with a similar approach as mine, and you will probably have a similar result.
Nov 18, 2011
239 posts
74 upvotes
EDMONTON
Canuck28 wrote: I would but I don't think he would appreciate that. Just call with a similar approach as mine, and you will probably have a similar result.

What was your current plan/rate before you called in?
May 26, 2011
191 posts
215 upvotes
cwangs wrote: What was your current plan/rate before you called in?
I was at $55/month, but it was not on a contract (promo rate was also set to expire in December). So that probably helped. People who are either not on a contract or have one expiring will likely have the best chance.
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
12851 posts
135831 upvotes
888888 upvotes
jaychoy912 wrote: can I get on the student plan if I am existing shaw customer with non-student plan?
Best thing to call customer service. They usually don't offer any new promo plans to existing customers.
xinix wrote: Why does the non student offer have 2 prices for 300? What's different between the 53 and 60 Plan?
1 is the regular modem. The other one is Bluecurve. Basically useless unless you have their TV.

For internet only, it increases your Wifi range (any wifi extender will do), consistent speed (their regular modem is fine), control wifi ( you can turn off wifi connection or limit the data usage). It may help if your kids don't listen to you.
DizzyYak wrote: Just spoke with Shaw online chat. The student plans are $60 for 100 and 80 for $300 apparently. Has this deal started? They would not give me the rate in this post.
These just went live today. 4 hours ago. Sometimes these offers only available to store reps or outbound sales rep.

Shaw Internet 300
- $38 for the first year
- $250 bill credit

Did you get that this month or was it during the last promo?

cwangs wrote: If I use another persons name that was with shaw before would i still get the pricing?
as long as their old accounts are not active, you should be okay. They can see the active lines when they punch in your home address or phone number.
May 26, 2011
191 posts
215 upvotes
Thatdealguy wrote:
Did you get that this month or was it during the last promo?
I got that yesterday evening.
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
12851 posts
135831 upvotes
888888 upvotes
Canuck28 wrote: I got that yesterday evening.
Great, I will add it to OP.
Nov 18, 2011
239 posts
74 upvotes
EDMONTON
Thatdealguy wrote:
as long as their old accounts are not active, you should be okay. They can see the active lines when they punch in your home address or phone number.
Okay that's good to know .My 12 month promo is up for tv phone and internet .im planning on cutting the cable and porting my phone over to a cell phone. The $175 /month isnt worth it when i dont watch tv that often .
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3365 upvotes
Vancouver
I like canucks deal lol

I’m in for one
Feb 20, 2019
90 posts
73 upvotes
GVA, BC
cwangs wrote: Okay that's good to know .My 12 month promo is up for tv phone and internet .im planning on cutting the cable and porting my phone over to a cell phone. The $175 /month isnt worth it when i dont watch tv that often .
I was paying cable 55/mo for a medium package, then i signed up for this kind of internet deal last feb and removed my cable. Happy with the service as I'm still using my bill credits.
I switch to iptv now to maximize my shaw deal and reduce cost.
Koodo $40/mo 12GB - S20 FE CPO
Fido $55/mo 11GB - S20 FE + $300 WM Gift Card
Telus $60 300/300MBPS + $400 Bill Credits

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)