Shopping Discussion

SHAW retention for phone and internet only????

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2011 5:22 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2008
1140 posts
379 upvotes

SHAW retention for phone and internet only????

Hello,
I'm pretty sure this has been asked before, but I cannot find a specific answer. I am currently with Telus for phone and internet, but Telus internet is so slow so I was thinking about going with Shaw as Telus cannot upgrade me to their faster service due to my location. Shaw currently has an offer for their extreme internet $15.00 and phone line $15.00 for six months. After the six months the price for the internet goes up to $49.00 and the phone line $25.00. Is there a way to negotiate the new price or deal with retention dept? I see lots of threads about retention but that's typically for customers that have TV/Internet/Phone.
Many thanks
2 replies
Feb 11, 2010
203 posts
41 upvotes
You definitely won't get the same kinds of offers as you would if you had all 3 services, but if you have 2/3 you should be able to extract some concessions from them - I only had 1/3 (basic internet) and managed to wrangle out a years' worth of free upgrade to Extreme and the basic TV package for an extra $2 (good enough, it lets me watch the news and the occasional hockey game) without too much hassle.
Unfortunately that's also expiring in another month so I'm due for another round with Retentions, will let you know how that goes.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2008
1140 posts
379 upvotes
somethingorother wrote: You definitely won't get the same kinds of offers as you would if you had all 3 services, but if you have 2/3 you should be able to extract some concessions from them - I only had 1/3 (basic internet) and managed to wrangle out a years' worth of free upgrade to Extreme and the basic TV package for an extra $2 (good enough, it lets me watch the news and the occasional hockey game) without too much hassle.
Unfortunately that's also expiring in another month so I'm due for another round with Retentions, will let you know how that goes.
Thanks....I didn't want to swap from Telus to Shaw, to then pay $50.00 a month for internet after the promotion ends.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)