Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Shaw

Shaw 150 $60 no contract 12 months

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 8th, 2020 7:40 pm
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
8187 posts
9554 upvotes
Vancouver
petfoot wrote: AquaticZero/Shaw123,
Is the internet 30 $50 for 12 months still available? My daughter is on the $30 student plan with Shaw which is going to be finished by this month. Could I get the internet 30 $50 as a new customer instead?
You can get Internet 120 from CIK for $49/mth... price guaranteed for 2 years. Uses your current Shaw line.

Ron.
100% Upvote to post ratio! :)
Mar 26, 2017
7 posts
4 upvotes
Called into Shaw loyalty just now after getting skunked on any no-contract introductory Telus offers (fiber just got layed here not too long ago). Was looking to try and take advantage and move to telus for the 150 up as my $55 student rate at shaw was just finishing up.
No sweat offered me this 150/15 @ $60/mo for 12 months with no contract.
Excellent service!
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2013
3661 posts
198 upvotes
Vancity
trystee wrote: @AquaticZERO or @Shaw123, is there any truth to the rumour that BlueSky is available in all regions starting today?
April 5
Dean Hamaguchi
Rogers Communications
Jan 26, 2003
128 posts
So I have been living in the USA and kind out of date. My mom has been complaining about her emails with attachments (photos, etc) not working, and I figured out why- her upload is 150kBps!!, which effectively gives the impression of not working after waiting >10 mins for an email to go out.

I'd like to upgrade her upstream internet and save her some money too. I think she's paying way too much money for that upstream speed (I almost gagged when I saw her bill). She is a current shaw customer. Downstream bandwidth not too important but able to stream internet TV at SD quality, and make dropbox, email and etc work properly is essential. Her downstream is approx 150-250gb per month.

Currently have:
- Home Phone Line (a must, old school and etc)
- Internet
- TV (Can do without, only reason she has it now is its only $5 more expensive in bundle, according to the CSRs)

Suggestions on options/deals? Thanks! Okay with jumping ship to any provider that decently services her house. Or sticking with shaw. Whatever works.
Last edited by TDA on Mar 27th, 2017 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 6, 2010
280 posts
50 upvotes
YVR
trystee wrote: I was misinformed, thank you!
Its not the National Launch but Radio/TV ads are out. You can always call in to see if its available in your area.
Jan 26, 2003
128 posts
TDA wrote: So I have been living in the USA and kind out of date. My mom has been complaining about her emails with attachments (photos, etc) not working, and I figured out why- her upload is 150kBps!!, which effectively gives the impression of not working after waiting >10 mins for an email to go out.

I'd like to upgrade her upstream internet and save her some money too. I think she's paying way too much money for that upstream speed (I almost gagged when I saw her bill). She is a current shaw customer. Downstream bandwidth not too important but able to stream internet TV at SD quality, and make dropbox, email and etc work properly is essential. Her downstream is approx 150-250gb per month.

Currently have:
- Home Phone Line (a must, old school and etc)
- Internet
- TV (Can do without, only reason she has it now is its only $5 more expensive in bundle, according to the CSRs)

Suggestions on options/deals? Thanks! Okay with jumping ship to any provider that decently services her house. Or sticking with shaw. Whatever works.
Called in to shaw, asked for Loyalty and got $15 off/mo for 1 year (just because - no strings attached) plus the shaw 150 $79 /24 months deal. Decent enough. Thanks to Speedy1 for advice.
Aug 6, 2009
905 posts
333 upvotes
switching from Telus to Shaw.. what's the best offer for Internet + TV (basic tv with sports will be ok)? Thanks.
Dec 18, 2010
758 posts
887 upvotes
Vancouver
Signed up for Int 150 on 2 years. 1st year at $49, 2nd year at $79. Rep offered me additional $5 off for the 1st year making it $44 per month. I asked about the $75 bill credit I saw online. Said he could only do one and not the other so I went with the $75 bill credit as it worked out to be more. Was hoping to get a credit on the 2nd year but they wouldnt budge.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2015
1158 posts
1336 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I just signed up with Telus for their $100 promo + $50 off for 3 months to get a 50mb line for 'free' for 3 months and then I'll consider switching to Shaw since Telus doesn't have fiber in my building.. too bad because 150mb up seems nice.
Feb 27, 2011
67 posts
27 upvotes
Concord
Student deal is over until Sept. Looking for AB deal on internet.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 4, 2012
5074 posts
480 upvotes
Canada
tmcilroy wrote: Student deal is over until Sept. Looking for AB deal on internet.
Are you a current Shaw Internet customer?
Feb 27, 2011
67 posts
27 upvotes
Concord
AquaticZERO wrote: Are you a current Shaw Internet customer?
Its under my room mates name, but yes my address currently has shaw internet 30.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2013
3661 posts
198 upvotes
Vancity
tmcilroy wrote: Its under my room mates name, but yes my address currently has shaw internet 30.
Your roommate , should call Shaw & speak to someone in the Loyalty Dept , to see if they can , get this deal .
Dean Hamaguchi
Rogers Communications
Nov 4, 2009
352 posts
407 upvotes
Calgary
Hackz101 wrote: Can anyone share their experience with shaw?
I'm in NW Calgary, been using shaw for almost a year now. Took the 1yr $50, 2nd yr $80 150 plan. I've had no issues with the service what so ever. Previously I had used teksavvy and nucleus. No issues with Nucleus but tek-savvy is garbage in my neighborhood. I was paying for 50down and typically never got above 22 down, plus tons of downtime and latency issues.

I was worried about switching back to a limited amount but as I live alone I rarely go past half of that 1TB/mo.

I'm okay paying $80/mo for the 2nd year because that's what I was paying at nucleus prior to swithcing to shaw for much slower speeds. I definitely will not keep it once it goes back to full price unless they can offer me a new deal or I can jump on this rate!
Jul 13, 2006
476 posts
379 upvotes
Calgary
chaosthebomb wrote: I'm in NW Calgary, been using shaw for almost a year now. Took the 1yr $50, 2nd yr $80 150 plan. I've had no issues with the service what so ever. Previously I had used teksavvy and nucleus. No issues with Nucleus but tek-savvy is garbage in my neighborhood. I was paying for 50down and typically never got above 22 down, plus tons of downtime and latency issues.

I was worried about switching back to a limited amount but as I live alone I rarely go past half of that 1TB/mo.

I'm okay paying $80/mo for the 2nd year because that's what I was paying at nucleus prior to swithcing to shaw for much slower speeds. I definitely will not keep it once it goes back to full price unless they can offer me a new deal or I can jump on this rate!
I am in the same boat. Got upset with Telus. Changed to Nucleus 2 years. Now looking at the Shaw offering and would like to jump ship. The problem with Shaw is that it does not have an unlimited usage plan. 1TB per month will work, anything less is pushing it. Only TekSavvy has a 60M plan with unlimited bandwidth. This is the company I think I will be switching to after the 2 years. I am surprised to hear teksavvy sucks in NW. Do they use the same Shaw backbone? Is Shaw doing something dodgy to non-Shaw customers on Shaw's backbone?
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2013
3661 posts
198 upvotes
Vancity
sharkcalgary wrote: I am in the same boat. Got upset with Telus. Changed to Nucleus 2 years. Now looking at the Shaw offering and would like to jump ship. The problem with Shaw is that it does not have an unlimited usage plan. 1TB per month will work, anything less is pushing it. Only TekSavvy has a 60M plan with unlimited bandwidth. This is the company I think I will be switching to after the 2 years. I am surprised to hear teksavvy sucks in NW. Do they use the same Shaw backbone? Is Shaw doing something dodgy to non-Shaw customers on Shaw's backbone?
Yes , Shaw has an unlimited usage plan for 150 .
Dean Hamaguchi
Rogers Communications
Jul 13, 2006
476 posts
379 upvotes
Calgary
Shaw123 wrote: Yes , Shaw has an unlimited usage plan for 150 .
That is good to know. I guess what I need is speed at 50Mbps with unlimited bandwidth option for about $70. That will make me switch to Shaw and keep being a Shaw customer after the 2 years period.
Nov 4, 2009
352 posts
407 upvotes
Calgary
sharkcalgary wrote: I am in the same boat. Got upset with Telus. Changed to Nucleus 2 years. Now looking at the Shaw offering and would like to jump ship. The problem with Shaw is that it does not have an unlimited usage plan. 1TB per month will work, anything less is pushing it. Only TekSavvy has a 60M plan with unlimited bandwidth. This is the company I think I will be switching to after the 2 years. I am surprised to hear teksavvy sucks in NW. Do they use the same Shaw backbone? Is Shaw doing something dodgy to non-Shaw customers on Shaw's backbone?
Teksavvy does use shaw as a backbone, but I don't think the problem was with Shaw as nucleus worked fine and also uses shaw lines. From the troubleshooting they had me do, it seemed like all of my connection issues were a result of something with a teksavvy node (I honestly don't know internet infrastructure so don't hate on me plz). I remember ping plotting and I kept having horrible latency issues to a teksavvy connection which is where they believed the issue was arising from. They said they were working on a fix, but I reported that problem numerous times and the first few they just said "restart your router". It wasn't until I sat with a higher up technician and did more testing on my end till we determined it wasn't my equipment causing the issue.

When I called to cancel they asked why and I used the shitty connection issues as a reason, plus they offered me a month credit, which they never delivered. The rep checked their records saw that infact I was not issued the credit I was promised and mailed me a cheque. So even though the service had issues, I would definitely consider going back to them if someday they can offer a more competitive rate than shaw is putting on the table and their network gets fixed.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)