Hot Deals

[Shaw] Shaw 150 $60 no contract 12 months

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2017 10:56 pm
Aug 12, 2012
12 posts
Richmond
Hi i am using shaw 150 no contract, the promotion is almost done, is some one can help me to continue with the promotion or something like that?
Thanks.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2012
4894 posts
353 upvotes
Canada
chikwun wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 2:11 am
Hi i am using shaw 150 no contract, the promotion is almost done, is some one can help me to continue with the promotion or something like that?
Thanks.
Best to contact the Loyalty department. They should be able to help.
Aug 12, 2012
12 posts
Richmond
what number i should call the loyalty department? Thanks.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2013
3313 posts
99 upvotes
Vancity
chikwun wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 2:22 am
what number i should call the loyalty department? Thanks.
You can call Shaw directly & ask to speak to someone in Loyalty .
Dean Hamaguchi
Shaw Communications
Apr 10, 2011
612 posts
222 upvotes
Vancouver
KnockingTheDoors wrote:
Nov 21st, 2017 8:45 pm
Just got 12 months Internet 150 for $50 plus taxes and Basic TV for $10...
Vancouver area
Is this option available in Toronto/Mississauga for a house?

I have an elderly parent looking for basic internet (don't need high speed) and very basic tv.

Regarding Vancouver, I'm interested in the deal that you got. Any tips how to get it?
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2013
3313 posts
99 upvotes
Vancity
RxMills wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 12:57 pm
Is this option available in Toronto/Mississauga for a house?

I have an elderly parent looking for basic internet (don't need high speed) and very basic tv.

Regarding Vancouver, I'm interested in the deal that you got. Any tips how to get it?
No , Shaw Cable service in your area , just Shaw Direct ( Satellite) .
Dean Hamaguchi
Shaw Communications
Aug 7, 2007
712 posts
41 upvotes
Metro-Vancouver
looking for 150 internet for 50, new installation, in vancouver area. please private message
Nothing to sell for now :)

All junk... i mean stuff are sold ^^
Sep 22, 2007
53 posts
10 upvotes
There's some serious misinformation in this forum...
Freddydood wrote:
Oct 28th, 2016 12:13 pm
1TB limit though... it's pretty high but I don't like the idea of having a monthly limit.
Faith24 wrote:
Oct 28th, 2016 12:52 pm
They aren't too strict about it, but if you go over significantly and consistently they will switch you to the unlimited Plus option at extra cost.
There is no monthly limit on the Internet 150 plan. It was announced in the summer of this year that the plan is to be unlimited without any extra charges. Mobile Syrup wrote about it in August of this year: https://mobilesyrup.com/2017/08/02/shaw ... -150-plan/

Prior to the announcement, it was a 1TB limit, so if you see a pie chart in the self serve portal that you're using a certain allowance up to 1TB, it's likely that they haven't gotten around to updating the self serve portal yet. No one enforces that because Shaw's official policy since summer of this year is that there is no monthly transfer limit. On their official website, they specifically state and I quote: "∞ Unlimited monthly transfer limit" Source: https://www.shaw.ca/internet/highspeed-150/
RiCHC3 wrote:
Oct 28th, 2016 1:01 pm
As a side, anyone else feel like their upload is throttled on bittorrent with Shaw?
boombaran wrote:
Oct 31st, 2016 7:32 pm
Yes, they do, it's very heavily throttled.

I haven't tried with VPN.
Faith24 wrote:
Dec 31st, 2016 5:37 pm
Shaw has throttled p2p for a decade, with the degree supposedly dependent on the current load on the local node. They seldom give a straight answer about it though, since they are more affected by it than their competition at Telus.
This is not completely accurate and depends on your situation. In major centers such as Calgary, ever since the spring of this year, I have heard of friends that are able to sustain well above 5MB/s (40 Mbps) on Shaw without the use of a VPN. The speed is a factor of your firewall or router (if you have one), computer, torrent settings, network settings, firewall settings, who you are having torrent sessions with, the number of seeders, the service area you live in, time of day, wired/wireless connection, and if applicable, congestion, etc.

You can't say that "They seldom give a straight answer about it". If you're talking to front line staff, they cannot give you a straight answer because they don't know. The people that know are very transparent about torrent policy. To quote a Shaw employee directly from 2014 when someone asked about whether there was a no-torrent policy, the statement was: "No, we do not have such a policy. You're free to use Torrents as much as you'd like." Source: https://community.shaw.ca/message/60112
If you read some of the community posts (where subject matter experts at Shaw chime in), they have stated that slow speeds are typically caused on a client end such as a customer's own router or firewall. There is a post in the past on the same community forum that states that they have in rare isolated situations throttled upstream torrent traffic but even then, never downstream torrent traffic.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2002
5616 posts
129 upvotes
Vancouver
drceo wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 12:46 pm
There's some serious misinformation in this forum...

There is no monthly limit on the Internet 150 plan. It was announced in the summer of this year that the plan is to be unlimited without any extra charges. Mobile Syrup wrote about it in August of this year: https://mobilesyrup.com/2017/08/02/shaw ... -150-plan/

Prior to the announcement, it was a 1TB limit, so if you see a pie chart in the self serve portal that you're using a certain allowance up to 1TB, it's likely that they haven't gotten around to updating the self serve portal yet. No one enforces that because Shaw's official policy since summer of this year is that there is no monthly transfer limit. On their official website, they specifically state and I quote: "∞ Unlimited monthly transfer limit" Source: https://www.shaw.ca/internet/highspeed-150/

This is not completely accurate and depends on your situation. In major centers such as Calgary, ever since the spring of this year, I have heard of friends that are able to sustain well above 5MB/s (40 Mbps) on Shaw without the use of a VPN. The speed is a factor of your firewall or router (if you have one), computer, torrent settings, network settings, firewall settings, who you are having torrent sessions with, the number of seeders, the service area you live in, time of day, wired/wireless connection, and if applicable, congestion, etc.

You can't say that "They seldom give a straight answer about it". If you're talking to front line staff, they cannot give you a straight answer because they don't know. The people that know are very transparent about torrent policy. To quote a Shaw employee directly from 2014 when someone asked about whether there was a no-torrent policy, the statement was: "No, we do not have such a policy. You're free to use Torrents as much as you'd like." Source: https://community.shaw.ca/message/60112
If you read some of the community posts (where subject matter experts at Shaw chime in), they have stated that slow speeds are typically caused on a client end such as a customer's own router or firewall. There is a post in the past on the same community forum that states that they have in rare isolated situations throttled upstream torrent traffic but even then, never downstream torrent traffic.
Posts were from 2016
Jul 27, 2017
7 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver
Just want to confirm that I also got the Shaw 150 at $60/month for 12 months no contract. I live in lower mainland Vancouver
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2013
3313 posts
99 upvotes
Vancity
Shaw, still has 12 month offers , with no contract.
All offers , include free installation .
Dean Hamaguchi
Shaw Communications
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2012
4894 posts
353 upvotes
Canada
fierydragon87 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 2:04 pm
Just want to confirm that I also got the Shaw 150 at $60/month for 12 months no contract. I live in lower mainland Vancouver
Yes I can confirm this is still available. Only some reps can offer though
Sep 22, 2007
53 posts
10 upvotes
Narci wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 1:01 pm
Posts were from 2016
Apologies. Wasn't paying attention when I wrote that. This is a very long running thread. Shouldn't this thread be closed by now?
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2012
4894 posts
353 upvotes
Canada
drceo wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 2:49 pm
Apologies. Wasn't paying attention when I wrote that. This is a very long running thread. Shouldn't this thread be closed by now?
The promo is still running

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)