• Last Updated:
  • Jun 20th, 2017 1:27 pm
[OP]
Dec 19, 2016
49 posts
75 upvotes

[Shaw] shaw price match can com internet 150/15

https://can-com.com/internet/peace-of-m ... aQodoH8OmQ

Can com have 70$ for internet 150/15. I call shaw and ask if how much I have to pay for my remaining 1 year contract and cancelled my contract. They transfer me to retention department and the agent ask me why I am cancelling my contract. Mention them that can-com have lower price for the same speed and the agent told me that they can price match it even I am on contract.
70 replies
Deal Addict
May 17, 2011
1322 posts
438 upvotes
I'm done with Shaw. I had a 10/0.5 plan that started around $59.99/m. Every few months they would jack up the price a couple dollars until I was paying $65/m.

I switched to can-com.com this week. I'll be paying $35/m for 20/1.5. Shedding the cost of my old plan down by almost 50% and getting twice the download speed with no caps or contract w/ free modem rental? And the fact that Can-Com has no activation or installation fees either? .... Why didn't I do this sooner?

I am done with Shaw after 4 years.
Penalty Box
Jan 29, 2016
377 posts
523 upvotes
New Caledonia
Nothing about caps on their site... what's the deal?
HOT DEAL ALERT: 661,000 stolen emails, usernames and unencrypted passwords from a Canadian deals website, compromised due to administrator incompetence and general apathy towards users! Order now!
Mar 19, 2008
330 posts
121 upvotes
EverybodyKnows wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 8:26 pm
Nothing about caps on their site... what's the deal?
There is no cap. So all the plan prices given on their site are without caps.
Feb 17, 2005
652 posts
29 upvotes
halhen1 wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 8:10 pm
I'm done with Shaw. I had a 10/0.5 plan that started around $59.99/m. Every few months they would jack up the price a couple dollars until I was paying $65/m.

I switched to can-com.com this week. I'll be paying $35/m for 20/1.5. Shedding the cost of my old plan down by almost 50% and getting twice the download speed with no caps or contract w/ free modem rental? And the fact that Can-Com has no activation or installation fees either? .... Why didn't I do this sooner?

i am also on the $65 plan from Shaw. Man, it sucks and is expensive. How easy was it to switch over? Does Can Com cancel your Shaw for you after you sign up or do you still have to call Shaw to do it yourself? How was the installation? thanks
Jan 3, 2017
9 posts
2 upvotes
Thanks OP. Called in and got the price match as well!
Dec 22, 2012
35 posts
18 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
porkchopbread wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 3:59 pm
i am also on the $65 plan from Shaw. Man, it sucks and is expensive. How easy was it to switch over? Does Can Com cancel your Shaw for you after you sign up or do you still have to call Shaw to do it yourself? How was the installation? thanks
CanCom does not cancel your Shaw services, you'll have to call Shaw yourself. You might want to try calling in first to see what Shaw will offer to retain you as a customer.

When you sign up with CanCom, you'll pick a activation date, pay for your first month of service and then they'll ship out a modem to you. If you swap the modems on activation day, there should be no downtime.

As for installation, you can reuse your existing cables except the power adapter (Shaw will want this back with their modem). The CanCom modem will also come with it's own ethernet and coaxial cable should you wish to replace your existing cables.
Jun 17, 2007
43 posts
35 upvotes
British Columbia
halhen1 wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 8:10 pm

Yeah shaw is pretty terrible. They were charging me $82/mo for 25mbit and wouldn't even allow me to go to the 15mbit plan for $72/mo because I used over 300gb/mo. I'm a single person basically browsing and using YouTube, I'm not going to pay $82 for service.

Switched to can-com and I get more bandwidth for less than half the price. Shaw kept calling me every week and I'd tell them I was paying $35/mo and didn't want anything they offered, kept trying to sell me 100mbit plans for $70/mo for the first year and I just told them I had no use for the bandwidth.
Jun 22, 2009
226 posts
22 upvotes
Currently I'm paying $84/m after taxes for telus 25. 25 down/5 up, I only ever use 180gb of my 300gb monthly limit. Needless to say I'm looking for something much cheaper and affordable.

At the moment I have telus lines in my apartment suite, would a tech/installer need to come to switch the lines to shaw? Or would I be able to sign up with can-com and hook everything up and have it working right away upon cancelling my service with telus? Also is the service available in Vancouver?
Mar 14, 2017
31 posts
24 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Damn internet price is sure variable and can be crazy expensive. I'm paying Telus $47/mth for 150/150 service, and it's great. It's a promo price for 1 year but I didn't have to sign a contract so pretty sweet deal as far as I see it.
ValiantSpacemanSpiff
Interplanetary Explorer Extraordinaire
Dec 22, 2010
188 posts
18 upvotes
Coquitlam
Mrs403 wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 9:25 pm
Thanks OP. Called in and got the price match as well!
Are you on contract, how long the discount they give you?
Dec 22, 2010
188 posts
18 upvotes
Coquitlam
zeuslaba wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 7:54 pm
https://can-com.com/internet/peace-of-m ... aQodoH8OmQ

Can com have 70$ for internet 150/15. I call shaw and ask if how much I have to pay for my remaining 1 year contract and cancelled my contract. They transfer me to retention department and the agent ask me why I am cancelling my contract. Mention them that can-com have lower price for the same speed and the agent told me that they can price match it even I am on contract.
How long the discount they give you?
Mar 10, 2011
343 posts
106 upvotes
Edmonton
Tw1tch wrote:
Apr 21st, 2017 2:03 pm
Currently I'm paying $84/m after taxes for telus 25. 25 down/5 up, I only ever use 180gb of my 300gb monthly limit. Needless to say I'm looking for something much cheaper and affordable.

At the moment I have telus lines in my apartment suite, would a tech/installer need to come to switch the lines to shaw? Or would I be able to sign up with can-com and hook everything up and have it working right away upon cancelling my service with telus? Also is the service available in Vancouver?

I have the same plan with telus, only pay $35/m for 25/5. I called to cancel and they offered me this
Jan 3, 2017
9 posts
2 upvotes
hkintel wrote:
Apr 21st, 2017 4:47 pm
Are you on contract, how long the discount they give you?
I'm 3 months into a 2 year contract and they have me the discount for 1 year which is apparently the longest they can apply a discount.