Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Shaw

Shaw Student Plan $35/$40/$50 + $20 for Basic TV

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 26th, 2017 9:00 pm
Deal Fanatic
Sep 4, 2012
5074 posts
480 upvotes
Canada
PEDRAM13 wrote: Are there any offers if I want standalone Small TV?
Not for the student plans. $25/3 months promo can be 12 months with internet
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2013
3661 posts
198 upvotes
Vancity
PEDRAM13 wrote: Are there any offers if I want standalone Small TV?
No standalone Tv for the Student Plan , you must have Internet as well to get it .
Dean Hamaguchi
Rogers Communications
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
1892 posts
574 upvotes
Calgary
If I understand correctly, if the account name is not under the student we would have to cancel the service first and set up a new account?

Have about a year left in our 2 year Value Plan agreement for Internet and TV. Cancellation is $20/month, calculated it out and we would end up saving money in the long run if I cancelled the service and set up a new student account. Would that mean we need to return all the equipment and have new equipment sent out or is it possible for them to use the same modem/gateway/portals that we already have.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2013
4019 posts
3368 upvotes
YUL/YVR
AquaticZERO wrote: If you have another Shaw service then phone is $10/24 months.
For clarification, I'm already a current Shaw, non-contract customer with Internet + Home Phone.

So even after I change to this Student Internet deal, I can still get $10/24months for phone?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 4, 2012
5074 posts
480 upvotes
Canada
AdamKing wrote: For clarification, I'm already a current Shaw, non-contract customer with Internet + Home Phone.

So even after I change to this Student Internet deal, I can still get $10/24months for phone?
Probably not. Loyalty might be able to get you on it but normally that’s a new customer price
Jan 19, 2017
893 posts
1056 upvotes
Kitchener
Imagine how many customers they would have if they offered their promo plans to EVERYONE as their everyday price and not just new customers or students in this case.

Also, I dont need 654 channels, I want a package of like 5 channels of my choice, and thats it.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 4, 2012
5074 posts
480 upvotes
Canada
rtookey wrote: Imagine how many customers they would have if they offered their promo plans to EVERYONE as their everyday price and not just new customers or students in this case.

Also, I dont need 654 channels, I want a package of like 5 channels of my choice, and thats it.
You can get Limited tv which has around 25 channels that the CRTC says is the minimum we are allowed to offer. They also say what channels must be included (French, local channels, news, major networks, government channels etc). You can then add on from there if needed.
Sep 5, 2015
27 posts
6 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
I'm on a 2 years contract with Shaw until May 2019, Personal TV + Internet + Phone (which I didn't want, but was literally "forced" to take it along with the other services to have a bundle price...). I'll try to get the student promo (Internet 150 + Medium TV), but not sure if they'd allow me to switch my current bundle for a no-contract one.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2013
3661 posts
198 upvotes
Vancity
RATT80s wrote: I'm on a 2 years contract with Shaw until May 2019, Personal TV + Internet + Phone (which I didn't want, but was literally "forced" to take it along with the other services to have a bundle price...). I'll try to get the student promo (Internet 150 + Medium TV), but not sure if they'd allow me to switch my current bundle for a no-contract one.
Since your on a contract , you wouldn't be able to switch to the Student Plan .
Dean Hamaguchi
Rogers Communications
Nov 9, 2013
759 posts
288 upvotes
Vancouver
I am just month to month, and have been londering either just cutting the cord and moving to telus for internet, because our internet speeds are brutal. Want to get on student plan for now, since my wife is a student, do I have to cancel my service and sign her up as a new account or will they just adjust our account to reflect the student discount rate? I have all the gateway boxes etc already paid for.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2013
4019 posts
3368 upvotes
YUL/YVR
when does student promotion end?
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2013
3661 posts
198 upvotes
Vancity
AdamKing wrote: when does student promotion end?
Last day to sign up is Sept 30 .
Dean Hamaguchi
Rogers Communications
Mar 28, 2016
85 posts
85 upvotes
StealsnDeals wrote: Thank you both for your input! I finally just went ahead and did it, and it worked as smoothly as starbelow said it would. Got my email verified, self install kit on the way (which I'm not entirely sure what they'll send.. I already have one of their hitron routers). Now I just gotta wait and see the changes reflect on the account and I'm good to go.

A thumb for you both, much obliged!
No problem! Thanks for saying thanks! :)
Sep 20, 2017
30 posts
13 upvotes
Calgary
Right now I live at home and so the internet is in my mom's name, we're on a MTM at the moment. I wonder how easy it'd be to cancel and switch it over to my name to get the student deal.
Sep 1, 2017
57 posts
18 upvotes
Calgary
2nukes wrote: Right now I live at home and so the internet is in my mom's name, we're on a MTM at the moment. I wonder how easy it'd be to cancel and switch it over to my name to get the student deal.
Not that hard, I'll DM you if you want more details.
Lobbytime
Mar 28, 2016
85 posts
85 upvotes
frostiex wrote: I am a tad sick of telus and looking to move over. How is the service in calgary during busier times? I stream a lot and just don't want to have problems.
I'm in NW Calgary, and never had any issues.
Sep 2, 2017
473 posts
540 upvotes
Edmonton
Just wanted to share the deal that I got my fluke with Shaw. I was original with Telus on there student internet plan. Then I signed up online with Shaw but then ended up cancelling it a few hours later... Then Shaw called me back and offered me the 150 internet with basic tv + the 4 theme packs for $55. definitely the best deal I've ever gotten for home services.
Jul 21, 2013
979 posts
661 upvotes
Calgary
I have a 2 year contract but they raised the price last August, does this mean I can cancel out early? I ordered the student promo and got the modem but now they are saying I can't back out my old contract.
Nov 9, 2013
759 posts
288 upvotes
Vancouver
Roger21 wrote: I have a 2 year contract but they raised the price last August, does this mean I can cancel out early? I ordered the student promo and got the modem but now they are saying I can't back out my old contract.
Gotta love these contracts... one way street, just like the cell phone contracts where they just raise the rate but you cant get out of it without penalty.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2005
3222 posts
1908 upvotes
Surrey
Roger21 wrote: I have a 2 year contract but they raised the price last August, does this mean I can cancel out early? I ordered the student promo and got the modem but now they are saying I can't back out my old contract.
You can still cancel. I think it is $15 per remaining months.