Expired Hot Deals

[Shaw] Shaw Student Plan $35/$40/$50 + $20 for Basic TV

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 26th, 2017 9:00 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2013
2761 posts
1114 upvotes
YUL/YVR
when does student promotion end?
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2013
3661 posts
196 upvotes
Vancity
AdamKing wrote: when does student promotion end?
Last day to sign up is Sept 30 .
Dean Hamaguchi
Shaw Communications
[OP]
Newbie
Mar 28, 2016
81 posts
85 upvotes
StealsnDeals wrote: Thank you both for your input! I finally just went ahead and did it, and it worked as smoothly as starbelow said it would. Got my email verified, self install kit on the way (which I'm not entirely sure what they'll send.. I already have one of their hitron routers). Now I just gotta wait and see the changes reflect on the account and I'm good to go.

A thumb for you both, much obliged!
No problem! Thanks for saying thanks! :)
Newbie
User avatar
Sep 20, 2017
25 posts
10 upvotes
Calgary
Right now I live at home and so the internet is in my mom's name, we're on a MTM at the moment. I wonder how easy it'd be to cancel and switch it over to my name to get the student deal.
Newbie
User avatar
Sep 1, 2017
53 posts
18 upvotes
Calgary
2nukes wrote: Right now I live at home and so the internet is in my mom's name, we're on a MTM at the moment. I wonder how easy it'd be to cancel and switch it over to my name to get the student deal.
Not that hard, I'll DM you if you want more details.
Eric Yu
Shaw Communications
[OP]
Newbie
Mar 28, 2016
81 posts
85 upvotes
frostiex wrote: I am a tad sick of telus and looking to move over. How is the service in calgary during busier times? I stream a lot and just don't want to have problems.
I'm in NW Calgary, and never had any issues.
Member
Sep 2, 2017
347 posts
416 upvotes
Edmonton
Just wanted to share the deal that I got my fluke with Shaw. I was original with Telus on there student internet plan. Then I signed up online with Shaw but then ended up cancelling it a few hours later... Then Shaw called me back and offered me the 150 internet with basic tv + the 4 theme packs for $55. definitely the best deal I've ever gotten for home services.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jul 21, 2013
640 posts
295 upvotes
Calgary
I have a 2 year contract but they raised the price last August, does this mean I can cancel out early? I ordered the student promo and got the modem but now they are saying I can't back out my old contract.
Sr. Member
Nov 9, 2013
696 posts
216 upvotes
Vancouver
Roger21 wrote: I have a 2 year contract but they raised the price last August, does this mean I can cancel out early? I ordered the student promo and got the modem but now they are saying I can't back out my old contract.
Gotta love these contracts... one way street, just like the cell phone contracts where they just raise the rate but you cant get out of it without penalty.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2005
2309 posts
927 upvotes
Surrey
Roger21 wrote: I have a 2 year contract but they raised the price last August, does this mean I can cancel out early? I ordered the student promo and got the modem but now they are saying I can't back out my old contract.
You can still cancel. I think it is $15 per remaining months.
Newbie
Jun 8, 2010
4 posts
2 upvotes
Jaylay14 wrote: Just wanted to share the deal that I got my fluke with Shaw. I was original with Telus on there student internet plan. Then I signed up online with Shaw but then ended up cancelling it a few hours later... Then Shaw called me back and offered me the 150 internet with basic tv + the 4 theme packs for $55. definitely the best deal I've ever gotten for home services.
Tried to get this deal with Shaw. They said this was not possible Face With Tears Of Joy If I want the same package, it's $70. Guess I'm staying with Telus.
Member
Sep 2, 2017
347 posts
416 upvotes
Edmonton
moogi wrote: Tried to get this deal with Shaw. They said this was not possible Face With Tears Of Joy If I want the same package, it's $70. Guess I'm staying with Telus.
I'm still surprised I got it.. When he mentions that they were going to offer me a deal on the plan I figured they would've said 5 dollars off.. Instead of 15!

EDIT: changed to 15 instead of 20

Top