Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2007
1636 posts
227 upvotes
Markham
nice. i have like 50km of driving left in the tank so this is perfect

last time i got the miles almost immediately, the statement said 12 Jan 13 +2 Reward Miles, 12 Jan 13 +50 Bonus Miles

there isnt a cap for the bonus weekend at 50 right? ie: if i fuel up $50 twice, i get 100 air miles?
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
2456 posts
638 upvotes
During the last similar event (Jan 12, 13), I did 2 x $50 gas fills of Bronze, and got my 2x25 bonus points within 4 or 5 days...it was FAST.

I also recall that many people tried to 'game the system', by filling up $25 gas, and buying a $25 gift card or other merchandise...and also recall that many people complained that by doing this, they had not seen the bonus miles, just the standard miles for the fillup.

Now, I notice this time in the T&C:
*Offer valid February 9-10 only, at participating Shell locations. Must spend a total of $50 including a minimum $20 V-Power fuel purchase per transaction to earn the 50 Bonus AIR MILES reward miles. Spend a total of $50 including a minimum $20 Shell Bronze, Silver or Diesel fuel purchase per transaction to earn the 25 Bonus AIR MILES reward miles. No coupon required. Tobacco and Service Bay purchases are excluded from this offer.

So, what exactly are "Service Bay" purchases, and maybe this is why so many people who didn't do plain gas fill-ups, failed to get the bonus points. Just sayin'. :confused:

Me, I'm just going to do simple fill-ups of $50 again...and just all of one type of fuel, not like the guy that did $20 V-Power + $30 Bronze, hoping to get the V-Power 50 bonus miles, but ended up with just 25 miles.
Aug 10, 2005
224 posts
10 upvotes
Thornhill
bizee-bee wrote:
Feb 6th, 2013 4:53 am
During the last similar event (Jan 12, 13), I did 2 x $50 gas fills of Bronze, and got my 2x25 bonus points within 4 or 5 days...it was FAST.

I also recall that many people tried to 'game the system', by filling up $25 gas, and buying a $25 gift card or other merchandise...and also recall that many people complained that by doing this, they had not seen the bonus miles, just the standard miles for the fillup.

Now, I notice this time in the T&C:
*Offer valid February 9-10 only, at participating Shell locations. Must spend a total of $50 including a minimum $20 V-Power fuel purchase per transaction to earn the 50 Bonus AIR MILES reward miles. Spend a total of $50 including a minimum $20 Shell Bronze, Silver or Diesel fuel purchase per transaction to earn the 25 Bonus AIR MILES reward miles. No coupon required. Tobacco and Service Bay purchases are excluded from this offer.

So, what exactly are "Service Bay" purchases, and maybe this is why so many people who didn't do plain gas fill-ups, failed to get the bonus points. Just sayin'. :confused:

Me, I'm just going to do simple fill-ups of $50 again...and just all of one type of fuel, not like the guy that did $20 V-Power + $30 Bronze, hoping to get the V-Power 50 bonus miles, but ended up with just 25 miles.
Last time I filled up $20 and purchased the rest in store and had no issue getting the 50 bonus miles
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
34266 posts
6250 upvotes
Cas77 wrote:
Feb 4th, 2013 2:22 pm
THIS WEEKEND ONLY!

Earn up to 50 Bonus AIR MILES reward miles at Shell when you spend $50 or more* on January 12 and 13.

Spend $50 with a minimum $20 Shell V-Power®* purchase and earn 50 Bonus reward miles.

Spend $50 with a minimum $20 Shell Bronze, Silver or Diesel purchase and earn Bonus 25 reward miles.

No coupon required!

https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/EarnMiles ... cale=en_CA

By the way the dates on the deal page are old, but their splash banner on the main page shows the right dates.

EDIT: The discussion about the previous January deal is here:
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/shell-ge ... y-1285210/
(A few ways to exploit the sale. ;) )
cronichead wrote:
Feb 4th, 2013 2:40 pm
say i spend 40$bronze how many airmiles would i get ? 2
Does this mean Cronichead can spend $40 on gas and buy $10's worth of overpriced goods in store to get 25 airmiles?

Is it possible to fill up two cars and pay for them in a single transaction? Is there a time limit when the pump is idle? :)
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2006
3693 posts
138 upvotes
does it stack with other coupon promotion 11?
4 coupons
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2008
3652 posts
217 upvotes
Scarborough
Had 1/8 left in the tank and with this weather I wasn't risking it so I put $20....now I'm at half a tank....hopefully I can make the $50 still on the weekend :P
Help Contribute to our Wedding Fund :) A wise fortune cookie once told me this:
"A bargain is something you don't need at a price you can't resist"
FS: Christmas Window Decor :lol:
FS: 10mm H&R Trak+ wheel spacers, 5x100/112, 57.1c/b
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
6726 posts
251 upvotes
Toronto
pnyknights wrote:
Feb 8th, 2013 3:56 pm
Had 1/8 left in the tank and with this weather I wasn't risking it so I put $20....now I'm at half a tank....hopefully I can make the $50 still on the weekend :P
In case anyone missed the tips in the previous thread, the true RFD way to use this promo is to buy $20.01 of gas, then top up the $50 minimum with lotto tickets or gift cards. Oddly enough Shell gift cards have some sort of fee attached to them but you can get LCBO gift cards in $25 or $50 denominations as well as gift cards to a number of other retailers. No fees.

I also havn't gotten my airmiles from the last promotion. They should send 200 air miles my way.

TOBACCO PRODUCTS DO NOT COUNT TOWARDS THE $50!
Did I post something that interests you? Feel free to PM further questions.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
34266 posts
6250 upvotes
Cas77 wrote:
Feb 4th, 2013 2:22 pm
THIS WEEKEND ONLY!

Earn up to 50 Bonus AIR MILES reward miles at Shell when you spend $50 or more* on January 12 and 13.

Spend $50 with a minimum $20 Shell V-Power®* purchase and earn 50 Bonus reward miles.

Spend $50 with a minimum $20 Shell Bronze, Silver or Diesel purchase and earn Bonus 25 reward miles.

No coupon required!

https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/EarnMiles ... cale=en_CA

By the way the dates on the deal page are old, but their splash banner on the main page shows the right dates.

EDIT: The discussion about the previous January deal is here:
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/shell-ge ... y-1285210/
(A few ways to exploit the sale. ;) )
GangStarr wrote:
Feb 8th, 2013 4:05 pm
In case anyone missed the tips in the previous thread, the true RFD way to use this promo is to buy $20.01 of gas, then top up the $50 minimum with lotto tickets or gift cards. Oddly enough Shell gift cards have some sort of fee attached to them but you can get LCBO gift cards in $25 or $50 denominations as well as gift cards to a number of other retailers. No fees.

I also havn't gotten my airmiles from the last promotion. They should send 200 air miles my way.

TOBACCO PRODUCTS DO NOT COUNT TOWARDS THE $50!
Forgot about gift cards! Your advice came at the right time.

Is this bonus 25/50 points limited to one per airmiles account?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
6726 posts
251 upvotes
Toronto
alanbrenton wrote:
Feb 8th, 2013 4:07 pm
Forgot about gift cards! Your advice came at the right time.

Is this bonus 25/50 points limited to one per airmiles account?
Their T&C don't mention anything about it. A heads up, it takes about 2-4 minutes to activate the gift cards, so if your in a rush budget some extra time. Make sure to pay in store (DO NOT PAY @ PUMP), so if your at a ghetto shell that requires prepay, go inside the station prepay for $20.01 in gas and buy your gift card.

Terms and Conditions

The Shell logo is a trademark of Shell Brands International AG. Used under license.
®™ Trademarks of AIR MILES International Trading B.V. Used under license by LoyaltyOne, Inc. and Shell Canada Products.
Did I post something that interests you? Feel free to PM further questions.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
2456 posts
638 upvotes
peroorim wrote:
Feb 8th, 2013 2:38 am
Last time I filled up $20 and purchased the rest in store and had no issue getting the 50 bonus miles
Thanks peroorim...not many people posted in the previous promo thread that the partial fill + merchandise trick actually worked...only a lot of people posting that they did NOT get the bonus miles.
GangStarr wrote:
Feb 8th, 2013 4:05 pm

You haven't gotten your miles from the last promotion yet? I got mine on Jan 16th, just 4-5 days after my two $50 fillups (no 'tricks'). Maybe the split-purchase 'trick' works for some, and not for others? You should call to find out why your previous promo points haven't posted yet.

As I suggested in my post #17 above, but not confirmed, maybe the "Service Bay" purchases are excluded??? Maybe different stations ring up the merchandise items differently, and some show up as "Service Bay" items? Hmmm???
Sep 23, 2003
157 posts
64 upvotes
Just wanted to get a quick poll. It sounds like ppl who tried the $20+GC trick did not receive the miles and for those spending $50 on gas did.

Has there been any success story for those who did giftcards (not the overpriced merchandises) AND received the miles?

I spent $50 on gas last time and the miles showed up in 2 days..
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16438 posts
1475 upvotes
this stacks with that promo code P10? i got that p10 card in the mail

when you're filling up, ask them to input code P10 !
i still haven't seen any of these shell bonus points show up on my online AMs account :(

basically its 95 AMs = $10 cash

couple years ago it used to be 125 AMs = $20 or $25 in GCs at metro?
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
× < >