Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Shell

Get 20 bonus Airmiles when you use your air miles cash miles on Jan 8 to March 7

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 20th, 2018 4:50 pm
Apr 16, 2015
33 posts
10 upvotes
Vancouver
gardener28 wrote: hahaha, that is exactly what I was going to say.
Cashier told me to use credit card on the pump and select air miles $10.00 instead of credit card. You can repeatedly 5 one on the self serve pump without help from cashier
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
8518 posts
6261 upvotes
crystallight wrote: Almost forgot about this. I'll go tomorrow since that's when it expires. So I'll try filling up in $10 increments but has anyone had any trouble with regards to their credit card? I've heard that buying gas several times on the same day might cause some sort of fraud alert and your credit card locked.
I did 4 x $10 on the CC but redeemed AMs instead and there was no problem. There was no charge to my card at the end. The Shell station I went to, it even discounted $0.03/L when I chose AM
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6892 upvotes
Scarberia
damn, i thought this ended...i must have used this offer over 15 times so far! im buying the choclates and powerade drinks... i get back like 36 AMs when i redeem 10 bucks!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Guru
Jan 19, 2017
10058 posts
6149 upvotes
Has anyone tried to use the gas discount coupon from Safeway/Sobeys and redeem AM to buy gas? These coupons can be used only for paying inside the station. Since the Shell pumps were converted to prepay or pay at the pump, their cash register won't allow AM redeeming for prepaying gas purchase inside the store. Only allowing redeeming AM at the pump. I went to 2 Shell stations and they said their cash register have not been set up to do that yet.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
Wow, I'm almost out of AM. Going to try and complete three of those megamiles offers, Shell is one of the participating partners lol.

I only have 60, 181 (+80), 397 (+40, going to use twice tonight) and 190 miles

I think I used up 2700 AM combined lol

I also learned how to read my daily driver's fuel tank / float better.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
Amazon Visa declined my 6th transaction. I only put in $12 authorization each time.

Good thing I had Rogers MC in my pocket.
Aug 18, 2012
543 posts
269 upvotes
Ottawa
Just a reminder. Today is the last day to use this offer.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
Mine always showed 20 except for one night when printer may had run out of ink and said my receipt was available inside the store. Didn't bother printing the next three fill ups after that.

So at least 21 receipts had indication of the 20 bonus AM
Deal Guru
Jan 19, 2017
10058 posts
6149 upvotes
crystallight wrote: Finally used this. Did 4 separate transactions. It didn't show the 20 bonus air miles on any of my receipts though. I recall reading an earlier post from someone saying that theirs did show the 20 air miles. Anyone else?

Also, does Shell always give you a 3 cent/L discount when using Air Miles? Was a pleasant surprise when I saw that lol.
I am assuming you bought gas for the 4 transactions. Did you pay for them at the pump? How did you know you got 3 cents/L discount? If you pump exactly $10 gas at the normal posted price, then you went in to the store to pay and found out you got 3 cents off per L. That means your net purchase would be < $10. Did you redeem 95 AM to pay for each transaction?
Deal Guru
Jan 19, 2017
10058 posts
6149 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote: Mine always showed 20 except for one night when printer may had run out of ink and said my receipt was available inside the store. Didn't bother printing the next three fill ups after that.

So at least 21 receipts had indication of the 20 bonus AM
Did you try to redeem AM inside the store to pay for gas purchase?
Jul 11, 2017
581 posts
599 upvotes
Well, tried to get it for this last day, but my Shell had raised the price of gas. It showed it was $1.149 (on the sign) as I was entering the station, but the price was actually $1.219 so I decided against it. Turns out they decided to renovate the entire station EXCEPT the sign, so it's broken and they're literally using a piece of paper to show the price. Ridiculous
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
3155 posts
1869 upvotes
crystallight wrote: Finally used this. Did 4 separate transactions. It didn't show the 20 bonus air miles on any of my receipts though. I recall reading an earlier post from someone saying that theirs did show the 20 air miles. Anyone else?

Also, does Shell always give you a 3 cent/L discount when using Air Miles? Was a pleasant surprise when I saw that lol.
Mine always shows bonus Miles on the reciepts regardless of if I paid at pump or inside.
Total Miles received this visit: 20
AIR MILES USED: 95
Confirmation ###########
AM Cash Balance: XX
AM Dream Balance: XX
20 Bonus Miles - Use AIR MILES Cash at Shell
I think only certain regions give a discount for using AirMiles. I've never gotten that discount.

Bonus AMs post within around 3 business days, so check your transaction history online. Although they post later, the bonus Miles are dated the same day that you made your redemption.

This was a great promo, I was able to get 51 transactions through, I just wish it lasted longer!
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6892 upvotes
Scarberia
Last day... Gonna try to squeeze in a last transaction b4 midnight... Then do the megamiles promo after midnight.... Running out of cash AM's.... Used 20x times
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Guru
Jan 19, 2017
10058 posts
6149 upvotes
crystallight wrote: Yes I bought gas with each transaction. I paid at the pump. I know I got a 3 cent discount because it showed one price on the big sign as well as the individual screens above each gas grade, and then once I swiped my Air Miles card the screen changed to a price that was 3 cents cheaper. And when I inserted my credit card (which happens before the Air Miles card) I entered in exactly $10 as the authorized amount and that's what each fill up was. Each transaction was paid with 95 air miles and I see on each receipt that 95 air miles were subtracted,
since you redeemed 95AM, then you should get 20 bonus AM. It is possible that your Shell station is not a participating station for this bonus offer. You should call Shell at 1-800-661-1600 to ask about the missing bonus AM, if you didn't get them credited to your acct after 3 business days.
Last edited by ml88888888 on Mar 7th, 2018 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Jan 19, 2017
10058 posts
6149 upvotes
crystallight wrote: No I did it right at the pump. Does that make a difference? Based on the posts earlier in this thread it shouldn't...
You should get the 20 bonus AM no matter which way you do it. But all Shell stations in my city have converted their pumps to prepay or pay at the pump 24 hr a day. Now they don't allow prepay in the store by redeem AM. So I have to redeem AM at the pump. That is why I asked if you had the same problem too or not.
Deal Guru
Jan 19, 2017
10058 posts
6149 upvotes
I posted the following secret bonus offer for certain cities on Feb. 8 in this thread. So if you get an extra 3 cents off per L, it could be the reason:

The extra AM has a description of ‘5 Miles for every $5 in-store.’.
https://www.shell.ca/en_ca/motorists/of ... -more.html

NOTE: only at these Shells stations: https://www.shell.ca/en_ca/motorists/of ... l-list.pdf
Last edited by ml88888888 on Mar 7th, 2018 11:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
9315 posts
7703 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Thanks OP! Just did my last round.
Managed to redeem a total of 38 times with this bonus and still tons of AMs left.
Will surely miss the months of free gas!
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2003
11234 posts
3800 upvotes
Richmond Hill
did 5 on last day
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
9315 posts
7703 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Did anyone who filled up on the last day (March 7th) get their miles credited yet? Mine still haven't :(