Tags:
None
[OP]
Jul 20, 2007
509 posts
95 upvotes

Shell Key Tag For Airmiles

Hello,

I received two Shell Key Tags in the mail which I am supposed to present to the clerk along with my Air Miles card for additional miles.

I no longer have the information booklet that came along with the tag and was wondering if anyone knows the details.

From what I recall, I can only use the tag twice until December 31, 2013 and will collect 50 additional miles each time. However, I am not sure if it can only be used twice or more than that...anyone confirm?

Thanks!
3 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2007
3339 posts
388 upvotes
Valleywood
From the info pack that I am looking at, you get 50 miles for going to airmiles.ca/shellbonus and opting in to their latest e-mail news, deals and offers.

The other offer is "receive a bonus of 50 AIR MILES(r) reward miles on your next purchase at Shell, as our personal Thank You to you.

I will take them up on the 100 total miles, but highly doubt I will stop paying at the pump to venture inside to present my "rewards promo tag".

"Soon other new and exciting offers will be coming your way!" No other details are provided. Just the initial 100 miles for joining/activating.

I'd be happy if they had the recent "weekend" promos, every weekend! Spend $50 get 50 miles. I can plan to tank 3 vehicles and spend $200+ for 200 miles.

I can almost bet that dealers have complained that they are getting no store traffic. This was likely the reason why the EasyTag was cancelled. (Esso still has their RFID tag for pump/counter purchases.)
[OP]
Jul 20, 2007
509 posts
95 upvotes
fastlayne wrote:
Apr 4th, 2013 1:32 pm
From the info pack that I am looking at, you get 50 miles for going to airmiles.ca/shellbonus and opting in to their latest e-mail news, deals and offers.

The other offer is "receive a bonus of 50 AIR MILES(r) reward miles on your next purchase at Shell, as our personal Thank You to you.

I will take them up on the 100 total miles, but highly doubt I will stop paying at the pump to venture inside to present my "rewards promo tag".

"Soon other new and exciting offers will be coming your way!" No other details are provided. Just the initial 100 miles for joining/activating.

I'd be happy if they had the recent "weekend" promos, every weekend! Spend $50 get 50 miles. I can plan to tank 3 vehicles and spend $200+ for 200 miles.

I can almost bet that dealers have complained that they are getting no store traffic. This was likely the reason why the EasyTag was cancelled. (Esso still has their RFID tag for pump/counter purchases.)
Thanks for the info!
May 31, 2013
13 posts
3 upvotes
Orangeville
i was just looking at my transactions because i new i had a few extra air mile than i had a couple days ago and i got 10 air miles from 1 gas station and 5 from the other and the description said BEST CUSTOMER just like the 50 air miles from i got from them for using the key tag once. i think i will keep showing mine. i don't mind an extra 5-15 air miles a month. just thought i would mention this.
× < >