[Shell] Pennzoil - Get $22 Shell GC w/ 5L purchase

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 25th, 2020 9:54 am
Tags:
None
Jan 31, 2020
147 posts
259 upvotes
michiebaby wrote: Was going to ask if the date printed on the bottom is manufacturing date or expiration date.
Manufacturing Date. The oil should be good for 5 years from that date.

After 5 years it may still be good but the manufacturer makes no assurances of this.
"I go for the jugular" - Kobe Bryant
Dec 15, 2019
5 posts
2 upvotes
First post here, but wanted to thank OP!

For those local to GVRD, no issues PM at Walmart. Ended up at the Royal City Walmart in New Westminster as that was the closest one that had stock. Clerk rang me up no problem once I showed him the CT page with the sale price.
Jan 30, 2017
399 posts
55 upvotes
MAMBAMENTALITY wrote: Manufacturing Date. The oil should be good for 5 years from that date.

After 5 years it may still be good but the manufacturer makes no assurances of this.
Ohhhh I thought the date on the bottom was date of expiry .. every single jug would have been expired if that’s the case

Now that you tell me it’s manufacture date it makes more sense
Apr 24, 2013
381 posts
183 upvotes
Crna Gora
Did anyone recieve an email after signing up for the rebate? I took a picture of the code but I was under the impression that I would get an email as a confirmation
Apr 23, 2008
947 posts
139 upvotes
Walmart did not price match Can TireDisappointed Face (Walmart Agincourt). Is it specific store? someone up thread said he PM with Walmart.
Jul 27, 2016
678 posts
616 upvotes
Kanata
nimfomanijak wrote: Did anyone recieve an email after signing up for the rebate? I took a picture of the code but I was under the impression that I would get an email as a confirmation
I received a confirmation email after I submitted.
phht wrote: Walmart did not price match Can TireDisappointed Face
My local walmart almost didn't PM either. Very stingy cashier... First it was "I need to see the flyer, I can't price match off the website". So I showed the Flipp app and then he said "I can't price match a % off". I pointed out the prices are listed in the fine print below as "$30.99-$33.99", and after he read it very closely he agreed to do the PM.

IMO - try again... It's just a matter of finding the right cashier.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
9699 posts
2427 upvotes
Scarberia
Eff the hassle of pm ing at Walmart. I'm gonna goto Napa auto
*SIG: Ryzen??? R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit @39.99$
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
3458 posts
2565 upvotes
Ottawa
Napa is out of the way for me, only 2 stores in all of Ottawa. PM at WM was very easy for me, the cashier just needed to to see the specific price. I had both the online flyer and the CT's web page where it shows the exact price and that was done like a normal price override. I went through the self serve one and he had 6 registers to watch over so he had to get it done quickly Winking Face I already submitted the rebate this morning from Sunday's purchase. Remember that the offer is only good for 5 more days until this Sunday Feb 23.
Dec 15, 2019
5 posts
2 upvotes
phht wrote: Walmart did not price match Can TireDisappointed Face (Walmart Agincourt). Is it specific store? someone up thread said he PM with Walmart.
I'm in BC so YMMV, but I'd suggest finding another cashier and trying as well. I just found someone walking around on the floor and asked if they'd PM. I pulled up the CT page on my phone and the guy went ahead and did it for me (2 jugs). However, some people in the other CT Pennzoil thread are getting pushback from some Walmart staff about a new PM policy and are getting denied as well. Good luck!
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
2920 posts
836 upvotes
Ontario
calbean wrote: I'm in BC so YMMV, but I'd suggest finding another cashier and trying as well. I just found someone walking around on the floor and asked if they'd PM. I pulled up the CT page on my phone and the guy went ahead and did it for me (2 jugs). However, some people in the other CT Pennzoil thread are getting pushback from some Walmart staff about a new PM policy and are getting denied as well. Good luck!
Who was this? A manager, a cashier walking around or a shelf stocker?
Cards:HSBC WE MC 1.5%/3% travel 0 FX MC acceptance 31 day med AF $49
CTC WE MC 3% grocery, 3.54% CTC, RA, billpay
Bank: Alterna (2%+, no fees)
Brokers: IB (For. stocks/low comm)/Reg. RBCDI(service, USD)
Jan 30, 2017
399 posts
55 upvotes
Are people submitting the $22 first and then once they get it they will submit $10 one?
Dec 15, 2019
5 posts
2 upvotes
minimalist wrote: Who was this? A manager, a cashier walking around or a shelf stocker?
Likely a shelf stocker. He was just walking around (was helping another customer at the time)
Jan 7, 2016
66 posts
40 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I had some push back when trying to price match but cashier finally did it. They require the flyer but the flyer does not state the exact price but a range...
Apr 23, 2008
947 posts
139 upvotes
calbean wrote: I'm in BC so YMMV, but I'd suggest finding another cashier and trying as well. I just found someone walking around on the floor and asked if they'd PM. I pulled up the CT page on my phone and the guy went ahead and did it for me (2 jugs). However, some people in the other CT Pennzoil thread are getting pushback from some Walmart staff about a new PM policy and are getting denied as well. Good luck!
what is the new policy?
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
2920 posts
836 upvotes
Ontario
calbean wrote: Likely a shelf stocker. He was just walking around (was helping another customer at the time)
interesting. didn't know shelf stocker can PM. Did they walk you over to the cashier to confirm the PM?
Cards:HSBC WE MC 1.5%/3% travel 0 FX MC acceptance 31 day med AF $49
CTC WE MC 3% grocery, 3.54% CTC, RA, billpay
Bank: Alterna (2%+, no fees)
Brokers: IB (For. stocks/low comm)/Reg. RBCDI(service, USD)