Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Shell

Shell - 20 Air Miles on Select Gift Cards

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 4th, 2019 8:22 am
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2004
1074 posts
30 upvotes
Richmond Hill
cheapshopper wrote: Oh crap, I got the Congratulations one as that's the only one they have on the rack.
DragonRider wrote: That's why. Then you need to write to Shell to get your bonus miles.
Same thing happened to me too, instead I purchased the "Thank you" Amazon $50 giftcard. Just finished a "Live Chat" with Shell, and the representative awarded me the bonus AM after providing my AM number and providing them a copy of the receipt. They said the bonus AM should show up in 3 business days. Just remember the bonus AM itself is 20 AM, ontop of the base 5 AM.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2016
1499 posts
2036 upvotes
Carp
54321scan wrote: Not sure if the limit this time around is 5 times or 5 times per day.
Limit is 5 times total:

https://www.shell.ca/en_ca/motorists/lo ... itions.pdf
Gift CardsOffer validMay 6, 2019 through to September 1, 2019at participating Shelllocations in ON, MB, SK, AB, BC, and NT(excluding Shell FlyingJ locations).Get20AIR MILES®Bonus Miles on your purchase ofany one of the following Gift Cards: $50 Keg or $50 Amazon or $50 Golf Town or $35.00 Xbox or $50 Home Outfitters or either $50 or $100 Cabela or either $25 or $50 OLG. Maximum of 20 Bonus Miles per transaction for this offer. Maximum of 5 transactionsperday. Maximum 100 Bonus Miles per collector account for this offer.Offer may be combined withotherBonusOffers. No coupon required.A valid AIR MILES Card must be swiped/Collector Number entered at time of transaction.Shell reserves the right to makechanges to this offer and to terminate the offer at any time, for any reason and without notice.Please allow up to 4 weeks postpromotionfor your Bonus Miles to be loaded to your collector account.®™ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership usedunder license by LoyaltyOne, Co. and Shell Canada Products.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2008
1802 posts
1030 upvotes
Vancouver
This probably stacks with the Personalized Amex Offer:
Spend a total of $50 or more in qualifying purchases with your registered Card using Amex Pay, Google Pay, Apple Pay® or Samsung Pay by 31/07/2019 and earn a $5 statement credit. Limit of $20 in total credits.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
9315 posts
7703 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
54321scan wrote: Updated OP.
In the past for this promotion, max BAM per day was 100, or 5 separate transactions. Not sure if the limit this time around is 5 times or 5 times per day.
Anyone try more buying more than 5 eligible GC's during this promotion?
Thanks OP, this is in the terms and conditions:
Maximum of 20 Bonus Miles per transaction for this offer.
Maximum of 5 transactions per day.
Maximum 100 Bonus Miles per collector account for this offer.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
Can you pay using your AIR MILES cash miles when you buy the Amazon $50 gift card thank you
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Mar 27, 2008
50 posts
15 upvotes
shamans wrote: This probably stacks with the Personalized Amex Offer:
Spend a total of $50 or more in qualifying purchases with your registered Card using Amex Pay, Google Pay, Apple Pay® or Samsung Pay by 31/07/2019 and earn a $5 statement credit. Limit of $20 in total credits.
confirmed
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2009
1224 posts
1331 upvotes
Calgary
cheapshopper wrote: Oh crap, I got the Congratulations one as that's the only one they have on the rack.
I did the same thing. It was the only $50 card available. The generic one was for $25.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2009
1224 posts
1331 upvotes
Calgary
ur bud-dee wrote: Same thing happened to me too, instead I purchased the "Thank you" Amazon $50 giftcard. Just finished a "Live Chat" with Shell, and the representative awarded me the bonus AM after providing my AM number and providing them a copy of the receipt. They said the bonus AM should show up in 3 business days. Just remember the bonus AM itself is 20 AM, ontop of the base 5 AM.
How did you use live chat? I don't see anything on their site, unless you just made a phone call.
Apr 8, 2010
98 posts
87 upvotes
UltimateB wrote: How did you use live chat? I don't see anything on their site, unless you just made a phone call.
I spoke to a rep, she mentioned bonus air miles will be shown in your account within 4 weeks. If the bonus air miles doesn't show up, simply reach out to customer support to claim your bonus air mile as long as you have your receipt.

It's available near the bottom of the website:
https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/ContactUs

Scroll down until you see:
Need a little more help?
Live Chat (blue button is right below the main title)
Jan 12, 2016
60 posts
38 upvotes
North York, ON
wirelessg wrote: I spoke to a rep, she mentioned bonus air miles will be shown in your account within 4 weeks. If the bonus air miles doesn't show up, simply reach out to customer support to claim your bonus air mile as long as you have your receipt.

Need a little more help?
I went there. It says clearly that I must wait 120 days.

Here's a quote from chat:

Bonus do take a little bit longer to show up .
Our Partners have up to 60 days to post regular miles and 120 days or sooner to post bonus miles.

A Missing Miles request can be submitted on our website. However it cannot be submitted sooner than the above mention dates.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2004
1074 posts
30 upvotes
Richmond Hill
UltimateB wrote: How did you use live chat? I don't see anything on their site, unless you just made a phone call.
Went to the Shell.ca website, look for the "About Us" tab, when the page finishes loading, a Help button / icon should appear on the bottom right hand corner of the screen. Click on it and a chat window will appear. Type in the topic of what you want to discuss, in this case "Missing bonus AM on purchase of select GC's", hit enter/search, it will bring you to another window within the chat box, it will show top results, but if you look at the bottom right hand corner, a "Live Chat" button will appear. There, you will be able to chat live with a customer rep. Just remember to take a picture of your receipt(s), as they will ask for proof of payment. Tip, make sure the date is also visible on your receipt, as I know those Shell receipts are LONG.

Hope this helps.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2004
1074 posts
30 upvotes
Richmond Hill
wirelessg wrote: I spoke to a rep, she mentioned bonus air miles will be shown in your account within 4 weeks. If the bonus air miles doesn't show up, simply reach out to customer support to claim your bonus air mile as long as you have your receipt.

Need a little more help?
I presume you spoke with AIRMILES directly?? If so, I got the same explanation and technically, they ARE correct, but DON'T BOTHER.

In this case with the giftcards, they are suppose to show up right away on your Shell receipt. HOWEVER, this ONLY happens if you buy the GENERIC "WHITE colour" giftcards. Those are the ones that are registered in their system. Other Amazon giftcards will not show up right away.

Not wanting to take the chance of waiting 4 weeks, I just directly contacted Shell through their live chat, where they asked me to provide a copy of the receipt, the agreed and approved. The bonus AM showed up on my AM account the next day.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2004
1074 posts
30 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Here is a screenshot of where the "Live Chat" is on Shell.ca website:
Images
  • Shell.ca Live Chat.JPG
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
9404 posts
5374 upvotes
For what it's worth, I bought a $50 generic Amazon gift card at Shell and my 20 Air Miles were NOT shown on my receipt but DID show up less than a week later in my Air Miles account.
Jan 12, 2016
60 posts
38 upvotes
North York, ON
Just contacted shell via chat, a rep named Steph was very firm that she won't help, as those other $50 amazon cards are not included in the promotion, because its not on the poster.
Last edited by madcow0000 on Jul 17th, 2019 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
9315 posts
7703 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
madcow0000 wrote: Just contacted them, a rep named Steph was very firm that she won't help, as those other $50 amazon cards are not included.
Try another method of contact then, I emailed and was successful.
Basically told them their terms and conditions failed to point out that only certain Amazon gift cards are eligible.
Jan 12, 2016
60 posts
38 upvotes
North York, ON
I tried arguing this with Steph, she said its not on the poster, so she won't help. Offered lots of apologies though.

I'll try your idea of contacting them via email. Thanks for your help.
Jan 8, 2008
491 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto
madcow0000 wrote: I tried arguing this with Steph, she said its not on the poster, so she won't help. Offered lots of apologies though.

I'll try your idea of contacting them via email. Thanks for your help.
Keep trying and deny Steph use someone else.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2017
1284 posts
1568 upvotes
Kitchener
Howitzer1 wrote: Why are you subtracting 2%?

EDIT:
On a $50 Amazon GC purchase at Shell for this promo you will earn:

5 Base Miles
20 Bonus Miles
$2 in Credit Card cashback (using a 4% card)

($10 / 95 AM) * 25 AM = $2.63
+ $2 cashback = $4.63
$4.63 / $50 = 9.3%
Correct, but if wanna include the full gamut, we have to consider credit cards that enhance air miles redemptions / or ones with bonus offers used to buy the GC:

And if you have the American express air miles reserve credit card, (and collect dream miles) you can redeem for flights at a fixed 1.3cpp . So 9.3% * 1.3 = 12.09% (yea guess this is not exactly accurate since I didn't subtract your cash percentage, but oh well, close enough - it also unlocks business class flights which have higher potential cpp anyways, so YMMV with dream miles as always)

It's a solid deal exp if you stacked it with the prime day credits/ 5X AMS/ +50 BMO air miles deal for shopping at shell (targeted) and 1% back in airmiles for the credit card too as I did (worse then your 4% example, but better due to the target fixed +50 offer). That brings it up toooo (don't wanna do the math %).

(and obviously not many people had that particular BMO targeted offer I had, they very rarely do these, maybe 3-4 a year for me)

Normally the best you can do is buy em amazon cards at sobeys with amex cobalt (6% in Marriott points, bit more if you use Amex fixed points travel, though im not a big fan of that service since it offers no refunds/support, marriotts more flexible).

Last year I got my computer at shell. (Amazon GCs were granting 1 air mile per dollar, so I bought like $2500 worth)

Think im shells #1 customer lol. They did put me in the shellgoplus program, which i think only the top 1-2% of spenders get. (If your wondering, nah its not that great, mostly stupid offers lately)
(and i hardly buy gas, i drive a hybrid heh)
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2017
1284 posts
1568 upvotes
Kitchener
Btw heres how my local store went (Waterloo):

Only $25 GC in the shelves. Sign up above them is very vague but a low quality picture of the $50 one is all thats there. I ask the clerk if the $25 work, she says yes and motions me to buy them..

I look again and i see that sign is also out of date (shows its expired june 30). I ask her if shes sure the $25s are gonna work, she calls and I go browse some peperoni.

She gets the response from the call center fast that onyl the $50 work. She looks in the stock room for me, got a whole bunch they just didnt bother to put them out.

I buy a couple (1 per transaction - also dont let her add my peporini or vitamin water).

Worked fine, all on the receipt. Vitamin water a great deal too - better then grocer store price - 3 for $5 and 20 air miles = net $1 each roughly - cheapest ive ever seen except once when my local store screwed up and seemed to buy like hundreds of the XXX ones i like, sold em for 88 cents each. Usual deal at shoppers or zehrs is at best 3 for $4, so 1.33 each. usually just 3 for $5 same as shell.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)