Shell's 30-day/90-day car wash pass

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 18th, 2019 9:54 pm
Tags:
None
Mar 16, 2009
4 posts
Edmonton
Does anyone know how the app works? I bought a pass and signed in, but now I want to give my dad a code. He doesn't have a data plan on his phone so he can't really use it in the car. I tried spoofing the GPS with an android phone and it still wouldn't give me a code. Does this thing use bluetooth/wifi to tell that you are actually in front of the pin pad?
Oct 9, 2011
630 posts
240 upvotes
GTA
warezmonkey wrote:
Jan 21st, 2019 10:44 am
Does anyone know how the app works? I bought a pass and signed in, but now I want to give my dad a code. He doesn't have a data plan on his phone so he can't really use it in the car. I tried spoofing the GPS with an android phone and it still wouldn't give me a code. Does this thing use bluetooth/wifi to tell that you are actually in front of the pin pad?
The app works via Bluetooth when you are close to the panel where you input the manual code.

You can generate a 5 digit code for your dad using the app or if he has wifi at home, he can generate his own 5 digit code. You don't need to be near the machine to generate a manual code.

He has 30 minutes to use the code before it expires and then another code has to be generated.

Make sure you swipe the card for the first wash otherwise the app won't show any days/washes remaining.
1 x Zoomer Wireless $36 loyalty plans - 4 GB of data!
5 x Freedom Mobile plans
Ecobee 3 Lite courtesy of Green On (ie tax payers)
Jan 1, 2007
23 posts
Looking to join a group for one of the following days.

Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

Thanks,
Vincent
Jan 20, 2019
4 posts
Looking to join a Car Wash group. Any day is fine.

Thanks,
Sumit
Mar 16, 2009
4 posts
Edmonton
dpw198 wrote:
Jan 21st, 2019 11:06 am
The app works via Bluetooth when you are close to the panel where you input the manual code.
You can generate a 5 digit code for your dad using the app or if he has wifi at home, he can generate his own 5 digit code. You don't need to be near the machine to generate a manual code.
He has 30 minutes to use the code before it expires and then another code has to be generated.
Thank you so much for your help @dpw198 !! We'll try it out tomorrow where we have an open day in our group. We'll use the "Request Replacement Code" and see if that works.
Dec 20, 2016
11 posts
2 upvotes
Long term group has a spot on Monday becoming available. Looking for reliable member respectful of their day. $16.15 per month for four washes. PM email and cell number if interested.
Aug 18, 2004
89 posts
25 upvotes
I've generally just been buying new 30 day car wash cards as each card finishes. I noticed that it indicates you can receive 1 bonus day, if you renew an existing card while it is still valid or within 7 days of expiry. Question, for the 30 day car wash passes, can you reload it while it's still active (not sure if it was only meant for the fixed number of prepaid car washes)? How early before it expires can you reload the 30 day car wash card? I think from one of the previous postings, someone mentioned the 7 days is after the last day of the card, so wasn't sure you could renew it before. If you do renew the card, does the first use still need to be physically done? I'm hoping for last question, that the first use doesn't need to be if it's done by renewal, as it's been quite painful to ensure that the person who is starting the cycle has a physical card.
May 28, 2018
60 posts
2 upvotes
ON
Our group will have Tuesday spot open starting next week. The cost is $16 for 4 washes. Pm your cell if interested. Thanks.
Sep 17, 2010
17 posts
2 upvotes
Ottawa
Anyone managed to get voucher when carwash is closed/out of service? When I bought the card, the guy told me I can ask for a voucher when they're closed due to the weather. Now that we had been getting -20c these few days in Ottawa, all Shell carwashes within 20km of my house are closed but I had been getting different respond each time I ask for voucher. Some cashier was happy to do so, some told me they were instructed not to give out voucher! I'm all confused now, and Shell's customer service never replied my question.
Jan 21, 2019
1 posts
Hello, im interested. Can you please PM me a contact number? Im unable to send a PM since im new to redflags.
Apr 26, 2007
569 posts
33 upvotes
Opening in my group for fridays every two weeks. Pm me if interested.
Thank my post if it helped!
Jan 22, 2019
1 posts
Hi fizzerd,

Sorry I don’t have option to message personally, might be due to I am new in redflagdeals.

Can you please let me know if I can join any group for the Car wash.

Thanks.
Milan
Apr 24, 2009
958 posts
218 upvotes
Hello, I'm interested to join the car wash group long term. If you have the Monday spot available please let me know.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)