Group Buys

Shell's 30-day/90-day car wash pass

• Last Updated:
  • May 27th, 2018 5:35 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 15, 2018
3 posts
Do NOT buy a Shell Car Wash Card, here is my experience so far with shell....Sent them numerous messages and even called a few times, but know one is getting back to me. So I repeat save your money or go buy a petro card their customer service is amazing.

Hi Shell Canada, I bought your 90 carwash pass for $200 including tax. The car wash that I bought it from has been closed 5 out of the last 10 days! This is very unacceptable, I have called the customer service # on the back of the card and advised them of my situation. After the customer service agent advised me there was nothing she could do about it I asked to speak to a manager. She put me on hold and then came back and said a manager wasn't available but would have one call me back, been over a week now and no call. What kind of scam are these gas stations running? Sell a card to a customer and promise them one wash a day, but when the wash is closed, the customer is out of a wash and money. Oh and telling your customer to drive to a neighbouring city which is almost 25kms away each way to go get a wash is NOT acceptable! If this is not resolved, this is the first and last time I buy a shell card or pump my gas there. I have bought a Petro Canada 90 day wash card the past 3 years, and EVERY time their car wash was closed they politely gave me a ticket to use for a wash at a prior date when the wash is working so you don't end up losing a day, and also, if you call their customer service and say a wash was closed, without hesitation they will add days to your card. That is the way business is supposed to be done. Not ripping off your customers and telling them to waste time and money going somewhere 25kms away. To the good people that are spending their hard earned money on these wash cards, please DO NOT BUY SHELL WASH CARD. They do not stand behind it.
P.S. Still waiting for a call back from the manager at the customer service department.
Jan 15, 2018
3 posts
oh and also, do a facebook search for Shell car washes being closed, you will be amazed at how many people are fed up with shells stations always closing down their washes and leaving the customers SOL. Trust me, buy the petro wash card.
Jan 15, 2018
3 posts
EXACTLY, and not only the GTA, all over ontario, they are ripping off their customers with out blinking an eye, i even called customer service as my local wash was closed 5 out of the last 10 days. But they didn't do a dan thing. Trust me, buy the petro wash pass, if their wash is closed they without hesitation give you a wash ticket for a prior date and even add days to your card.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
1479 posts
901 upvotes
Canada
Jordan223 wrote:
Jan 16th, 2018 11:33 am
EXACTLY, and not only the GTA, all over ontario, they are ripping off their customers with out blinking an eye, i even called customer service as my local wash was closed 5 out of the last 10 days. But they didn't do a dan thing. Trust me, buy the petro wash pass, if their wash is closed they without hesitation give you a wash ticket for a prior date and even add days to your card.
It's hard to share Petro card (and this thread is about sharing a pass) You need to be able to meet every day with people in your group. If it's a group at work/school - then it fits perfectly. With others - not so much (especially if you can only get into a group over the internet)
But yeah, their support sucks I guess, but they are not doing anything wrong - it's in their T&S that they are not responsible in case car wash is closed.
If you need a wash occasionally and don't want to be tied to any particular day - get the Flex pass and wash whenever you want.
Feb 5, 2008
621 posts
169 upvotes
CANADA
LizzieEdm wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 9:18 pm
Lucked out and found a location still selling them! :)
Which Edmonton station did you find them at?

Can you buy multiples now and just pre-load the account?
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
1479 posts
901 upvotes
Canada
projectrs2 wrote:
Jan 17th, 2018 11:41 am

You can just buy the pass and leave it alone. Then add to existing account when your old pass 90 days are done. After you buy pass it should never expire and 90 days start when it's used for the first time.
But I believe 90 day passes are no longer sold in any Shell stores. According to this page, the program is over (it does not affect already sold passes)
Sep 10, 2015
190 posts
58 upvotes
Edmonton, AB T6X 1B7
projectrs2 wrote:
Jan 17th, 2018 11:41 am

I got mine at the Ellerslie/Parson location if you want to try your luck.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
3420 posts
841 upvotes
Ottawa
Has anyone found a day that's possibly the least popular?. I can only go after 6pm during the weekdays and I figure weekends would be a crap shoot. Every time I go on my scheduled day (Monday) it's a minimum 1 hour wait since 1 out of 2 car washes near me is constantly closed due to the weather
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
1479 posts
901 upvotes
Canada
shadow_cruiser wrote:
Jan 17th, 2018 9:53 pm
Has anyone found a day that's possibly the least popular?. I can only go after 6pm during the weekdays and I figure weekends would be a crap shoot. Every time I go on my scheduled day (Monday) it's a minimum 1 hour wait since 1 out of 2 car washes near me is constantly closed due to the weather
Early morning or very late night is the best time. You're in Ottawa, right? What location you go to?
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2002
4596 posts
690 upvotes
Toronto
Today the wash at Woodbine Ave. and Highway 7 broke while my mom and I were going through at 5PM. They decided to close the wash...after this incident.

The belt IN the car wash stopped pulling and caused the car behind to bump into us from the belt at the entrance. Lucky there was no damage to either vehicle.

There was a technician van outside the whole time so I suspect there was already something wrong with the wash. The foam started spraying and the belt inside just died, so the wash was going on without an actual car moving through.

Getting anything from Shell (and that ownership group) is a complete headache, they didn't want to give us the owners information, they made excuses on why the wash broke, they didn't want to give us vouchers to go to another wash even if our cars were all soaped. They had us fill out some car wash incident report for them to investigate...the form asked for some very personal information, DL number, address, make/model, etc and the owners would "contact us tomorrow."

They let us go to Kennedy/Highway 407 wash (Part of that same ownership group Petronas Petroleum Ltd or something) where the line by this time around 6PM was about 10-15 cars deep. Took about an hour to go through.

Needless to say AVOID at all costs!!!!
'11 DC MLF Iikka Pro
'18 Union Flite Pro Red
'08 K2 T1
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
3420 posts
841 upvotes
Ottawa
seafish wrote:
Jan 17th, 2018 10:06 pm
Early morning or very late night is the best time. You're in Ottawa, right? What location you go to?
Ah, thanks for the heads up, going to try and go in before work (around 7am). It's always the 1548 Merivale Rd location off Merivale and Meadowlands. The one at Carling & Woodroffe seems to be closed majority of the time
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
1479 posts
901 upvotes
Canada
Elyasrez wrote:
Jan 18th, 2018 8:00 pm
Hey im buying a 30 day pass tommarrow so if you intrested let me know
Email me at:elyas_rezaei@hotmail.com
20$ for a month any day is fine with me.
$20? Good luck. I've been trying to find people for $13/spot or $25 for 2 spots and no interest at all.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 22, 2007
5045 posts
1000 upvotes
Brampton
Here are few tips

Call them before going. go right after school starts 8.30AM - 9AM or day time up to 11AM , 1.30 - 2.30PM etc etc

Its worth it for $2.99 per wash .. You just have to plan it ahead and have few shell stations numbers saved to your phone. they will tell you if they are open and how many cars waiting
Jan 17, 2018
5 posts
i meant they could even wash 2-3 cars in a week for 20 bucks. so goodluck to u

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)