• Last Updated:
  • Oct 15th, 2019 11:56 am
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2001
5069 posts
380 upvotes
Have the Shell car wash app issues been resolved?
Aug 1, 2008
86 posts
27 upvotes
Arrow wrote:
Apr 25th, 2018 2:03 am
Have the Shell car wash app issues been resolved?
looks like
Sep 10, 2015
241 posts
70 upvotes
Edmonton, AB T6X 1B7
maniac2403 wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2018 8:36 am
I had a long conversation with Shell support over this. Apparently you have to use the card once physically before you add it to an account. In case card still shows up as invalid, sign out of all phones that have the account, use the card again and then sign in.

Everything works in the app for me apart from the replacement code generation.
Are you getting replacement codes through the app now, or is that part still malfunctioning?
Sep 24, 2010
277 posts
7 upvotes
I am not sure if mine is having the same issue. I was able to wash with the new card once (not physically) through the app. Now it says the card is invalid. App will not give replacement code etc; card itself got cancelled (or removed?)
Sep 10, 2015
241 posts
70 upvotes
Edmonton, AB T6X 1B7
swknight wrote:
Apr 25th, 2018 10:08 pm
I am not sure if mine is having the same issue. I was able to wash with the new card once (not physically) through the app. Now it says the card is invalid. App will not give replacement code etc; card itself got cancelled (or removed?)
Sounds like what happened to everyone last week. :-(
Aug 1, 2008
86 posts
27 upvotes
LizzieEdm wrote:
Apr 25th, 2018 10:11 pm
Sounds like what happened to everyone last week. :-(
I can confirm my group is able to use the app again after using the physical card once and a call to Shell CS (not sure if this helped). Both big yellow and code generator.
Sep 10, 2015
241 posts
70 upvotes
Edmonton, AB T6X 1B7
cata2you wrote:
Apr 25th, 2018 11:10 pm
I can confirm my group is able to use the app again after using the physical card once and a call to Shell CS (not sure if this helped). Both big yellow and code generator.
Thanks for the info!
Sep 10, 2015
241 posts
70 upvotes
Edmonton, AB T6X 1B7
I used the physical card for the first time today, but was unable to register the card online nor through the app . This is so frustrating!!!
Jan 5, 2006
182 posts
Interested in joining a group any day for me.
PEPSI Wins
2007: XBOX 360 Arcade Oct.15 7pm - 8pm
2009: Flip Mino HD Camcorder July 6
Deal Addict
May 28, 2005
1616 posts
123 upvotes
Same, interested in joining a group, any day works for me also.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
3136 posts
458 upvotes
swknight wrote:
Apr 25th, 2018 10:08 pm
Exact same thing happened to my group yesterday. Bought the card on Friday, first use was through the app on Sunday.

I checked the app on Sunday night and it is showing expired. Going to call up Shell and get some answers.

But it appears the solution is to physically swipe the card and all is well again?
Sep 10, 2015
241 posts
70 upvotes
Edmonton, AB T6X 1B7
azn_dan wrote:
Apr 30th, 2018 7:17 am
Exact same thing happened to my group yesterday. Bought the card on Friday, first use was through the app on Sunday.

I checked the app on Sunday night and it is showing expired. Going to call up Shell and get some answers.

But it appears the solution is to physically swipe the card and all is well again?
I was not able to use the app at all for my new card. Physically swiped for the first use, but app shows code is not active and I couldn't register the card. Called Shell and was told to send them copy of card and receipt, and someone somewhere will fix it. :(
Nov 7, 2017
84 posts
108 upvotes
I would like to join a group, any day is ok. Thanks
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
3136 posts
458 upvotes
LizzieEdm wrote:
Apr 30th, 2018 2:20 pm
I was not able to use the app at all for my new card. Physically swiped for the first use, but app shows code is not active and I couldn't register the card. Called Shell and was told to send them copy of card and receipt, and someone somewhere will fix it. :(
Geeze, something is fundamentally wrong with their system.

They told me to repeat the same old steps. Unistall the app, swipe the card and then everything should be fine and dandy again.