Shell's 30-day/90-day car wash pass

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2018 6:58 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 29, 2007
246 posts
61 upvotes
My initial post was to join a new group but so far I've been getting message from others who want to join a new group as well, so I think I will go and buy 3x30 days car wash passes and set up a group. I will try to do it for next week. For those that have pm'd me, I'll respond to you PMs to confirm. If anyone else wants to join, please PM and let me know which day of the week you want. There will be a total of 7 days available (it'll be a one day per week). Depending on what day we start, 1 or 2 ppl may get 12 washes instead of 13, assuming there are no issues with the app.

Update: all days are taken and paid for. Group is closed.
Last edited by will660 on May 17th, 2018 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2327 posts
217 upvotes
Toronto
How are you guys sharing this with the requirement of swiping the card prior to using the app.

My issue is if I start Monday, 30 days from now Monday and Tuesday would have 5th washes. how do we continue to ensure everyone has an even number of washes? Now since I am the leader of the group, how do I continue the next 30 days without stopping? If I start on Monday again, I have 5 washes again, while everyone has 4. If I provide a card to the 31st day person, which is a Wednesday for them to activate, then the rest can reload the card? Wednesday, and Thursday would have had their 5 washes while everyone has 4th, so then I would provide another card to swipe to activate on the person on the 61st day which would allow friday and saturday to have 6 washes,
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
5847 posts
834 upvotes
Base the payment on number of washes per member, doesn't necessarily have to be split equally.

I'm looking to join a group.
________

"Talent gets you in the door. Character keeps you in the room."
Feb 1, 2018
2 posts
My current group is done soon, the leader probably won’t organize the group anymore. So I’m thinking to make a new group, we have 3 ppl so far, everyone would like to take weekdays, so Friday, Saturday and Sunday are all open. And Tuesday or Wednesday will be available as well. Anyone interested plz PM. Thanks :)
*I will buy 3 x 30 day pass, so it costs $40 per spot, up to 14 washes within 3 months*

——————————-

Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday

All days are taken. Group is closed. :)
Last edited by Eunseol on May 17th, 2018 8:46 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
5847 posts
834 upvotes
UrbanPoet wrote:
May 16th, 2018 2:58 pm
How does she’ll conpare to Petro car washes?
No comparison, Shell hands down.
________

"Talent gets you in the door. Character keeps you in the room."
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2003
2057 posts
99 upvotes
so it took shell 10 days to fix my card to the app but they only giving 5 days back. anyone have similar issue? and they said they can't escalate or do anything about this. wtf? so i paid for a 30 days card but only getting 25 day of service and this is ok for them!
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2327 posts
217 upvotes
Toronto
zzricezz wrote:
May 17th, 2018 9:37 pm
so it took shell 10 days to fix my card to the app but they only giving 5 days back. anyone have similar issue? and they said they can't escalate or do anything about this. wtf? so i paid for a 30 days card but only getting 25 day of service and this is ok for them!
Note the date and times of your interactions with customer service, and I'd do a charge back on my credit card with the reason services not rendered. When your credit card company comes back asking you why, you bring up the issues and interactions you had with shell.

The charge back is going to hit the individual shell gas station, however I guess it would be in their best interest to help you deal with corporate. Afterall, you bought a service from "shell", it shouldn't matter who gets the charge back to handle the situation.
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2007
1119 posts
307 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone having the card expiring problem again? It was showing fine few hours ago and suddenly the card goes expires.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
1670 posts
978 upvotes
Canada
eeto wrote:
May 18th, 2018 11:50 pm
Anyone having the card expiring problem again? It was showing fine few hours ago and suddenly the card goes expires.
If you load pass into app without using the physical card first it will show up as expired the next day. Then you need to delete it from the app, use it by swiping the card and then load it back in
Aug 29, 2007
246 posts
61 upvotes
I started a new 3x30 group and we now have 4 ppl. Monday Tuesday and Thursday are still available. Pls PM if interested.

Update: days are now filled. Waiting for one more person to make pymt.

Update: all days are taken and paid for. Group is closed.
Mar 7, 2014
1 posts
Bought a 30 day car wash earlier, loaded the card into my app then washed my car before i left the gas station. Got home and now the app is saying my card is expired. Called the station and was told to update my app, checked my app version, it was up to date so i unistalled and reinstalled the app, but was still giving me the same expired message. Will go back to station tomorrow after calling the attendant yhe sexond time.
May 19, 2018
1 posts
kecsarmiento wrote:
May 20th, 2018 12:44 am
Bought a 30 day car wash earlier, loaded the card into my app then washed my car before i left the gas station. Got home and now the app is saying my card is expired. Called the station and was told to update my app, checked my app version, it was up to date so i unistalled and reinstalled the app, but was still giving me the same expired message. Will go back to station tomorrow after calling the attendant yhe sexond time.
Bought a 30 day pass yesterday, was able to load card in to the app. Used it for the first time and then after the first car wash it says pass expired.

Registered it, still shows expired. Removed the card and tried to add it again, it used to say...Invalid card number. I was able to add it using shell website/register card.

Its working fine for one of my friends, it shows expired on my phone, it shows 0 days remaining on an other friends phone.

In short, pretty frustrating experience. Won't recommend to anyone.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
1670 posts
978 upvotes
Canada
kecsarmiento wrote:
May 20th, 2018 12:44 am
Just use the card at the carwash, it will be back to normal after that.
Mar 2, 2011
182 posts
16 upvotes
Gloucester
Guys is the 90 day pass back?? A friend of mine this year sent me a pic of the card mentioning 30 and 90 day pass prices
Images
  • upload.jpg
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2004
3644 posts
115 upvotes
Toronto
I'm looking for a Thursday if anyone's starting a 90 day group buy.