363 posts
156 upvotes

40% off paints and stains - May 17 to June 3

Deal Link:
Savings:
40% off
Retailer:
Sherwin Williams
For those that missed the Behr and the Dulux deals, Sherwin's 40% sale will be back starting May 17. This brings their top of the line Emerald paints down to ~$54. It's a great product for amateur painters.
52 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2010
4862 posts
1069 upvotes
Toronto
does the $10 off from paintperks stack?

how does this compare to benjamin moore regal select?
Phones for sale
Signing up for Koodo / Public Mobile ? 😉
[OP]
Mar 5, 2016
363 posts
156 upvotes
Gotoff wrote:
May 15th, 2019 9:50 am

I have been able to stack the $10 off $50 in the past when I would buy a gallon and some supplies. If you need more than one gallon, not sure how that would work. Also, I feel like this is a YMMV type of thing.

I haven't used BM Regal before, but their premium offering is the Aura line which is more comparable to the Emerald for SW (it's actually better than Emerald). I think you can't go wrong with any of these, depending on the type of room you're painting and if you have kids or pets.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2010
1023 posts
368 upvotes
Toronto
How is the SW paint for outdoor? Specifically garage door?
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2006
1630 posts
385 upvotes
Gotoff wrote:
May 15th, 2019 9:50 am

yes it does stack but you can't apply it more than once - like they won't let you do 3 drifferent transactions for 3 gallons. Maybe you could go in 3 different days, but I never bothered.

It's as good as BM. I am super satisfied with it. I painted my room with it as a test and now after the reno, i`m painting everything in SW
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2010
4862 posts
1069 upvotes
Toronto
jessicacha wrote:
May 15th, 2019 10:35 am
yes it does stack but you can't apply it more than once - like they won't let you do 3 drifferent transactions for 3 gallons. Maybe you could go in 3 different days, but I never bothered.

It's as good as BM. I am super satisfied with it. I painted my room with it as a test and now after the reno, i`m painting everything in SW
cool thanks, what paint color did you go with? im trying to find the right gray almost white for a dark room but its so tough.
Phones for sale
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2017
1614 posts
134 upvotes
chillychin wrote:
May 15th, 2019 10:20 am
How is the SW paint for outdoor? Specifically garage door?
Also curious about this. Though I want to paint the inside of the garage. Wonder if I should be using indoor or outdoor paint for such a project? I assume outdoor paint is more stain and water resistant, which would help for potential garage spills on walls?
Sep 4, 2017
53 posts
13 upvotes
Do you guys think Benjamin Moore will have a similar sale to compete with SW?
[OP]
Mar 5, 2016
363 posts
156 upvotes
Gotoff wrote:
May 15th, 2019 10:45 am
cool thanks, what paint color did you go with? im trying to find the right gray almost white for a dark room but its so tough.
If you're looking for a cool white with greyish/brownish undertones, look at pure white (#7005). I used it for a room, alongside a pastel green (mint condition #6743) and it looks great.

https://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeow ... lors&p=PS0

I'm redoing my whole place with pure white.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2010
4862 posts
1069 upvotes
Toronto
ahammad wrote:
May 15th, 2019 10:55 am
If you're looking for a cool white with greyish/brownish undertones, look at pure white (#7005). I used it for a room, alongside a pastel green (mint condition #6743) and it looks great.

https://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeow ... lors&p=PS0

I'm redoing my whole place with pure white.
im trying to decide between pure white and rhinestone gray. Would you mind pm'ing me a quick pic of the room you did?
Phones for sale
[OP]
Mar 5, 2016
363 posts
156 upvotes
Gotoff wrote:
May 15th, 2019 11:04 am
im trying to decide between pure white and rhinestone gray. Would you mind pm'ing me a quick pic of the room you did?
PM sent with before and after.
Apr 2, 2008
464 posts
123 upvotes
I wish I didn't spend money on Dulux paint. This 40% off + coupon + amex credit would make a awesome deal for me.
Save a lot but end up spending more :confused:
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
2934 posts
1398 upvotes
GTA
bluewish wrote:
May 15th, 2019 11:23 am
I wish I didn't spend money on Dulux paint. This 40% off + coupon + amex credit would make a awesome deal for me.
I'm glad I waited. Need 3 gallons of deck stain and this + the Amex deal will work out great. Would have had to purchase 4 gallons at Dulux and would have ended up with an extra gallon I don't need.
[OP]
Mar 5, 2016
363 posts
156 upvotes
bluewish wrote:
May 15th, 2019 11:23 am
I didn't even know about the Amex deal, but I held off of Dulux because I have been using SW for a while, and I didn't want to deviate from the brand.

Now I have to find my old, unexpired, Amex card which I haven't used in 2 years...