None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2014
1068 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Ship order to hotel address?

There are a couple of things I want to buy online but they only ship within U.S.

I might be travelling to the States soon, and was wondering if I can have them ship to the hotel address and I pick it up from there.

Has anyone tried that? If so, how do I proceed with this? Who should I address the package to?

Thanks!!!!
21 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
5669 posts
1506 upvotes
Montreal
In general, you can do this, but check with the hotel first. You'd address the package to yourself.
May 28, 2006
757 posts
481 upvotes
letmesee wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2015 4:13 pm
There are a couple of things I want to buy online but they only ship within U.S.

I might be travelling to the States soon, and was wondering if I can have them ship to the hotel address and I pick it up from there.

Has anyone tried that? If so, how do I proceed with this? Who should I address the package to?

Thanks!!!!
They should, unless it's some low rent hotel.

If you're getting stuff from Amazon they do have lockers (depending on the city) in drug stores/7-11s where stuff is put into Amazon lockers and you pick it up at the store with a code. Only a few cities, but they are major travel destinations.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
19097 posts
4194 upvotes
Thornhill
Most large hotel chains do, but as mentioned, call ahead and let them know. In the shipping address, try to cram in as much info as possible (eg your stay duration, phone number, etc.) so the front desk concierge can identify who you are.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2005
4918 posts
784 upvotes
Montreal
I did that in Houston a few years ago at a Doubletree hotel. The only issue I had was that all receiving goes through their purchasing department and they had no idea what my package was all about - even though I had alerted the front desk.
Phils
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
16922 posts
2645 upvotes
Toronto
I've done it before at a La Quinta hotel in NYC. It was an Amazon package though, and they ship pretty much anywhere. Check with the hotel and the place you're ordering from if they'll do it for you before you do it.
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
2712 posts
1268 upvotes
Vancouver
"c/o" [insert name of name of front desk person]

Or, on the second line put "Hotel Guest Room #" so the receiver knows.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2006
2159 posts
64 upvotes
I've done this a few times. They usually charge you a nominal fee and will hold it for you as long as you're a guest of the hotel. Most large hotel chains have a business centre and the individuals in charge of it are usually the ones who receive and ship packages.

If it's a smaller hotel (Courtyard etc) then maybe the front desk would do it but I doubt any would refuse as it's a service business. They aim to please.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
2515 posts
1523 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
psyko514 wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2015 5:10 pm
In general, you can do this, but check with the hotel first. You'd address the package to yourself.
+1.

Some hotels charge a fee, some don't.
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
10088 posts
2405 upvotes
Markham
I did that with Holiday Inn Express in FLL. I inquired with the hotel first to get their OK. Then Order it and advise the hotel the package is coming around which date and tell them to hold it.
The front desk bring me my parcel once I check in without having to ask for it.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Sep 10, 2015
4 posts
Toronto, ON
Firstly,you need ask the seller wether the package could sent to the hotel.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
15930 posts
8237 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
hankmoody wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2015 2:51 am
Firstly,you need ask the seller wether the package could sent to the hotel.
Some sellers will not ship to addresses their system identifies as hotels or to addresses that aren't associated with the credit card you use for payment. They (hotels and credit card companies) do this as a fraud prevention measure. It's all too easy for someone to use a stolen credit card to ship to a third party like a hotel where they can pick up the package with (usually) no request for ID.

If you do ship to a hotel use a line in the Name or Address fields to say something like "Hold for guest John Doe arriving 05Nov15."
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
14099 posts
4064 upvotes
Here 'n There
letmesee wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2015 4:13 pm

Thanks!!!!
Ask the hotel all of these questions.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
15642 posts
5857 upvotes
I have had it shipped to hotels before without issue. As others said, contact them and find out the exact labeling they want to try and make it easier.

Additionally, there are other options I have used. For example, I have had packages delivered to the UPS store to hold for me, as well as using Kinek (https://www.kinek.com/). So there are alternatives if you are hesitant about letting the hotel do it for you. The best experience I had was at UPS because...this is something they do all day every day. There is no hassle, there is no "oh we will have to look for it", there is no "what are you talking about?".
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2007
2757 posts
699 upvotes
Whitehorse, YT
eonibm wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2015 8:13 am
Ask the hotel all of these questions.
It is not only the hotel that decides. As Bylo noted just above, credit card companies and vendors do not ship to other than the associated credit card address unless identity checks safeguard against fraud.