Page 2 of 2

Re: Shipment coming from China: TNT vs. EMS/DHL/FedEx/UPS?

Posted: Mar 13th, 2011 5:42 pm
by MightyTytan
packardbell wrote: my vote goes to DHL but rarely have issues with the customer service.
DHL has fantastic global infrastructure and when they do the job right, there really isnt much bad to say. Just like UPS and FDX, the infrastructure is pretty awesome.

however, when a shipment is not where it is supposed to be, these companies really only have a playbook for the CSR's to work from. thinking outside the box and "moving mountains" to fix the issue is difficult.

that said, one time my client had 6 skids bumped in Memphis by FDX and I was able to persuade them to move the skids same day on a repositioning flight. however that would have never happened by calling 1 800 GO FEDEX and talking to a robot on the phone. it was becuase of senior level and executive connections that this was possible. point being, for the average consumder, FDX, UPS, DHL are all birds of the same feather and for the most part do the job just as well as the other party. the difference is in the exceptions and neither company responds any better then the other to the average consumer.

but FDX has won the marketing war. relax, its FedEx.

Posted: Apr 25th, 2015 5:59 pm
by SukhvinderC143
My eperience with China Post was horrible as I was told it will arrive EMS seller it by China Post Registered International and took 60 Days and the parcel ended up at the wrong address person who did customs and scanned USA instead of Canada I will never use China Post agian this was the worst eperience that I had with them seller apoligesed about this DHL best has a better and faster service my parcels arrive with DHL 3 Days from China good rate and they don't waste your time but is inexpensive as well FeDex Express is also good too for delivery 1-3 Days from China cost is more then DHL but same speed.

Posted: Feb 24th, 2016 11:16 am
by onefive
sorry to bring this thread up again but..

I've received a pair of shoes from china in December, just got a mail right now from TNT brokerage i need to pay for duties, taxes and brokerage fees.. which is fine, a cheque in my understanding will do. however its saying i need to sign a customs power of attorney..fax it in THEN they'll tell me the applicable charge? wtF? i didn't even choose to use them in the first place and shouldn't they have held the package when they came to my doorstep without receiving payment? (I personally wasn't home to receive it)

also found this site.. all posts are saying they're a scam? anyone on RFD have had this problem?

http://tnt-express.pissedconsumer.com/t ... 693/2.html

Posted: Oct 20th, 2016 1:08 am
by User376614
Hello, my cousin that live in china sent me two shirts through DHL. It was express so came in 4 days. It was about $25 CDN for shipping. Expensive as hell. But what I like to know is I trust the supplier my cousin knows and if I order about two hundred shirts this time. How much express cost vs the regular delivery, how long will it also take if its the cheaper one? Is it three months? And will I get charged customs fees this time? I didn't get charge customs fee this time for the two shirts. I'm also going to keep the parcel bag that say DHL on it in case those TNT crooks send me something lol. This is for starting new shirt company and I'm in Ottawa. Let me know.

Calvin.

Posted: Dec 21st, 2016 7:38 pm
by danw17
onefive wrote: sorry to bring this thread up again but..

I've received a pair of shoes from china in December, just got a mail right now from TNT brokerage i need to pay for duties, taxes and brokerage fees.. which is fine, a cheque in my understanding will do. however its saying i need to sign a customs power of attorney..fax it in THEN they'll tell me the applicable charge? wtF? i didn't even choose to use them in the first place and shouldn't they have held the package when they came to my doorstep without receiving payment? (I personally wasn't home to receive it)

also found this site.. all posts are saying they're a scam? anyone on RFD have had this problem?

http://tnt-express.pissedconsumer.com/t ... 693/2.html
They messed up. What do you think they'll do if you tell them you're not paying their brokerage fee? "Oh I wasn't aware that you were charging a brokerage fee, and never consented to it, I guess I'll self-clear instead. Oh wait, you already released the goods? Too bad so sad"

Don't sign that POA.

Posted: Jan 28th, 2017 12:32 am
by myfreewebspot
Fedex is the best for any shipments.. DHL has always worked well for us for imports from China. But I try to use Fedex exclusively to get my discounts :)

Posted: Apr 28th, 2017 2:06 pm
by wayne49s
I just used TNT after they were bought by Fedex. The TNT delivery service here (Montreal, Canada) is now Fedex, so no customs broker service; this was from a package that was sent from Korea. It was great, as if the shipment was done by Fedex. You can pickup at the Fedex depot also with the TNT number; append 01 to the number and Fedex has a program to look up during this transition.