• May 3rd, 2017 12:47 am
Tags:
None
Mar 16, 2015
6 posts
2 upvotes
Mississauga, ON

Shipping with PayPal

I have some small junk I'm looking to sell online. I'm having trouble with how to ship my items though.
Canada Post is overpriced, no doubt. I'm trying to earn money with that stuff, and if my shipping costs are too high, people won't buy my items.
I have found Chit Chats Express and PayPal Shipping.

CCE sounds perfect, but it'll be a pain for me to get there. That's why I've been looking into PayPal's shipping.
I've heard/read PayPal is slightly cheaper than CP, but I don't know the exact cost for a parcel. And it seems like I can't get a shipping quote unless I actually make a transaction.
Something that also appeals to me is getting free shipping supplies with a VentureOne card. I'm not a business owner (and I doubt that the many people who talk about it are business owners), so could anyone enlighten me about this?

Has anyone used PayPal shipping before? Care to share your experiences?
7 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2006
4624 posts
1064 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Moushy wrote: I have some small junk I'm looking to sell online. I'm having trouble with how to ship my items though.
Canada Post is overpriced, no doubt. I'm trying to earn money with that stuff, and if my shipping costs are too high, people won't buy my items.
I have found Chit Chats Express and PayPal Shipping.

CCE sounds perfect, but it'll be a pain for me to get there. That's why I've been looking into PayPal's shipping.
I've heard/read PayPal is slightly cheaper than CP, but I don't know the exact cost for a parcel. And it seems like I can't get a shipping quote unless I actually make a transaction.
Something that also appeals to me is getting free shipping supplies with a VentureOne card. I'm not a business owner (and I doubt that the many people who talk about it are business owners), so could anyone enlighten me about this?

Has anyone used PayPal shipping before? Care to share your experiences?
Shipping through PayPal is done via UPS or CP. There is a small discount to using PP vs CP directly. To get a quote, log into your paypal account, then hit this link: https://www.paypal.ca/shipnow and choose which service to use, then enter the relevant information, hit next to get to the confirmation page -> this will give you the cost. Hit cancel to exit.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2010
6112 posts
660 upvotes
SW Ontario
dmxlite wrote: Shipping through PayPal is done via UPS or CP. There is a small discount to using PP vs CP directly. To get a quote, log into your paypal account, then hit this link: https://www.paypal.ca/shipnow and choose which service to use, then enter the relevant information, hit next to get to the confirmation page -> this will give you the cost. Hit cancel to exit.

Is there any new method to do this now? Seems the link is broken with the site redesign. Any new suggestions on where to go for occasional shipping of parcels?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2010
6112 posts
660 upvotes
SW Ontario
GeneralZod wrote: Yes it's been discontinued since this summer. There was confirmation of this as well from PayPal.
Is there any alternative other than directly through canadapost that you know of?
Aug 20, 2010
287 posts
77 upvotes
Canada Post has recently (a few months ago) changed their Venture One program for small businesses to have different levels of discounts based on the amount spent on shipping. I'm already at level 2 for spending over $2500/year. It really isn't that bad of a discount, at this point there is actually little difference between the rates in PayPal vs. rates on CP's site when I fill out shipping info, I still use PayPal since it's easier that all the info is there and less manual data entry.
Sep 15, 2016
17 posts
1 upvote
I have never used Paypal shipping, I always use Canada post small business account - can someone share the difference in pricing since Paypal rates have changed ?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)