Entrepreneurship & Small Business

Shipping within Canada. How can you do it?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 30th, 2018 8:49 pm
[OP]
Dec 23, 2008
159 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto

Shipping within Canada. How can you do it?

Hey guys,

I'm trying to be competitive but shipping seems to be a killer. For example, if i want to ship a mug (4x4x4 box) from Montreal to Vancouver, it's showing that it will cost over 15$ of shipping... Am I missing something? I a lot of people on Amazon who charge 5$ shipping on their mugs.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
3 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2004
4749 posts
568 upvotes
plangevin wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 7:21 pm
Hey guys,

I'm trying to be competitive but shipping seems to be a killer. For example, if i want to ship a mug (4x4x4 box) from Montreal to Vancouver, it's showing that it will cost over 15$ of shipping... Am I missing something? I a lot of people on Amazon who charge 5$ shipping on their mugs.

This is why I avoid business in Canada and only do in US.
With Amazon are you sure they aren't using amazon for shipping?
Jan 2, 2013
119 posts
114 upvotes
Leaf nation
plangevin wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 7:21 pm
Hey guys,

If I ship a box to a customer and Amazon shows $5.95 shipping that is what the customer will pay, that does not mean it was my actual shipping costs. My shipping costs were $11.
Apr 13, 2018
19 posts
5 upvotes
I se Canada Post Expedited Mail for my shipping needs. Fast, traceable and a reasonable price. Plus you can get a Small Biz card from them for 5% off each item shipped.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)