Locked: A Shocking Look Inside Chinese Fur Farms

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 23rd, 2008 9:58 am
Tags:
None
May 30, 2007
704 posts
1 upvote
v_tofu wrote: Do you happen to have the link to the company that buys the furs from these guys? I'm looking for a cheap fur coat. Really cold right now.
LOL. What a troll.
Banned
Jun 21, 2005
4231 posts
5 upvotes
Slaughtering animals for survival may have been common trade and a necessity for survival in the past, but the state of humanity has evolved, as has our practice of killing animals for protein and nutrition.

It is inhumane to slaughter animals as per the video, and the modern world, the world we live in, is a civil one, looking towards advancing social development in and around the world.

We've had breakthroughs in nutritional sciences and the days when meat protein was required to make it through winter has long past. In my opinion it is one thing to kill in animal out of necessity, but it is an entirely different story to kill one out of sport or luxury.
Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2007
2717 posts
50 upvotes
marcroboy wrote: LOL. What a troll.
lol, he's one of those ding dongs that comes in to a thread like this and is like the 10th person to say "I support PETA. People Eating Tasty Animals!! Huh, huh, huh."
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2002
2334 posts
11 upvotes
I didn't even watch them, when anything is connected with PETA it is complete garbage and lies.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2007
2717 posts
50 upvotes
abu_sme wrote: I didn't even watch them, when anything is connected with PETA it is complete garbage and lies.
lol, another one.
Banned
Jun 21, 2005
4231 posts
5 upvotes
abu_sme wrote: I didn't even watch them, when anything is connected with PETA it is complete garbage and lies.
PETA is an animal rights organization focused on animal welfare and protection. If you don't believe that animals are being mistreated by humans then you yourself live in a fairy tale full of lies.
Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2005
2569 posts
32 upvotes
yet at the same time, PETA keeps fleecing people for money, support terrorist activities, espionage, and killing humans before killing animals. In short, PETA is just a bunch of hypocrites hiding behind a common emotional appeal while the rest of the members are just oblivious to what the organization is doing.

go watch pen and teller's ******** video on PETA, then you'll know that PETA is no better than organized crime.
it's not who you are, it's what you do.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2007
2717 posts
50 upvotes
Bskll wrote: yet at the same time, PETA keeps fleecing people for money, support terrorist activities, espionage, and killing humans before killing animals. In short, PETA is just a bunch of hypocrites hiding behind a common emotional appeal while the rest of the members are just oblivious to what the organization is doing.

go watch pen and teller's ******** video on PETA, then you'll know that PETA is no better than organized crime.
lol, where in the Penn and Teller video do they mention that PETA kills or supports groups that kill humans??
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
19095 posts
1574 upvotes
While I am firmly anti-PETA and think half of their ideas are insane, I am also anti-fur. I don't agree with killing animals to produce luxury goods for humans. There is no need for fur anymore, the insulation properties of synthetics surpassed it long, LONG ago.

IMO some wearing a fur jacket is no better than someone who kills an elephant to make a piano.

Do I support killing animals for medical research, HELL YEAH. This is where PETA has it wrong, wrong, WRONG.

Do I support hunting? Kind of... I am against hunting with a rifle. I think hunters should have to use a bow & arrow. Give the animal a chance - where is the sport in going out with this giant gun? The deer doesn't have a bullet proof vest... I actually like those videos of "where animals attack" and hunters get what's coming to em - to me, that is just nature. If you're going to go out into the woods to kill stuff, you should also be taking your chances to get injured or killed.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2005
2569 posts
32 upvotes
[QUOTE]Newkirk and PETA have been criticized for providing financial support to Animal Liberation Front (ALF) activists when they were faced with legal action against them. The Observer noted what it calls a "network of relationships between seemly unconnected animal rights groups on both sides of the Atlantic,"[28] writing that, with assets of $6.5 million, and with the PETA Foundation holding further assets of $15 million, PETA funds individual activists and activist groups, some with "links to extremists."[28] This includes links to the ALF and Earth Liberation Front (ELF), which the Counterterrorism department of the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation have named as "special interest extremism organizations" and "as a serious terrorist threat.[34][/QUOTE]

per wikipedia. Did you even watch the pen and teller video on PETA? seems like you didn't.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2007
2717 posts
50 upvotes
Bskll wrote: per wikipedia. Did you even watch the pen and teller video on PETA? seems like you didn't.
Ya, I did. I don't remember the part about PETA, ALF, or any of the other groups killing people. Your quote doesn't mention that either. So I'm asking where in the Penn and Teller video does it accuse PETA of killing or supporting groups that kill people?
Deal Addict
Jul 9, 2006
1519 posts
58 upvotes
GTA
sweeper wrote: I think I read somewhere that Chinese farmers/etc believe that meat will taste better if the animal is hit before its put to death. Apparently it releases adrenaline and this makes it taste better? Not sure. :confused:
Okay, I stopped watching the video when they pulled out the knife, but that explaination is just disgusting, although I wouldn't be suprised if it were true....
Banned
Sep 28, 2008
258 posts
Richmond Hill
brunes wrote: While I am firmly anti-PETA and think half of their ideas are insane, I am also anti-fur. I don't agree with killing animals to produce luxury goods for humans. There is no need for fur anymore, the insulation properties of synthetics surpassed it long, LONG ago.

IMO some wearing a fur jacket is no better than someone who kills an elephant to make a piano.

Do I support killing animals for medical research, HELL YEAH. This is where PETA has it wrong, wrong, WRONG.

Do I support hunting? Kind of... I am against hunting with a rifle. I think hunters should have to use a bow & arrow. Give the animal a chance - where is the sport in going out with this giant gun? The deer doesn't have a bullet proof vest... I actually like those videos of "where animals attack" and hunters get what's coming to em - to me, that is just nature. If you're going to go out into the woods to kill stuff, you should also be taking your chances to get injured or killed.
Ironically this is how some extraterrestrial races treat us. If you have researched a little bit about the subject you will find that many people who have been abducted and experimented on by the short grey skin type "aliens" were all treated like cattle. There are certain extraterrestrial races who look upon us the way we look upon animals. Though such view is not held widely throughout the universe some extraterrestrial races view us to be a barbaric race. I would have to agree with them. Moreover planet earth is being quarantined and monitored specifically since we detonated the atomic bomb. Kinda like children who found a match. Many extraterrestrial races are excited to see us evolve so we can join our galactic family of light.
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2005
2569 posts
32 upvotes
my bad, its been a long time since i've watched the penn and teller video.

what i was trying to point out was the following:

peta supports ALF which has made death threats, bombed places, and threatened to poison food for the masses. for me, that's not that far from killing people.

case in point, Rodney Coronado, convicted arsonist, financially supported by PETA.

and there was another quote i saw somewhere before regarding how peta tells people to not care about people dying in wars but rather the animals being used as labour/food. that is about as messed up as PETA can be.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 10, 2006
7741 posts
83 upvotes
Toronto
stanislavspon wrote: Ironically this is how some extraterrestrial races treat us. If you have researched a little bit about the subject you will find that many people who have been abducted and experimented on by the short grey skin type "aliens" were all treated like cattle. There are certain extraterrestrial races who look upon us the way we look upon animals. Though such view is not held widely throughout the universe some extraterrestrial races view us to be a barbaric race. I would have to agree with them. Moreover planet earth is being quarantined and monitored specifically since we detonated the atomic bomb. Kinda like children who found a match. Many extraterrestrial races are excited to see us evolve so we can join our galactic family of light.

You're kidding right???????????
Here is a number for you to call (416) 535-8501 ext. 6878
See this button :confused: :confused: Learn how to use it PLEASE ;)