Tags:
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2009
12178 posts
582 upvotes
Toronto
JamesA1 wrote:
Aug 21st, 2015 10:38 am
That's the problem with new services launching now. When Netflix launched in Canada, it was the only game in town, and they swept up the bulk of new customers and got time to build their catalog. But now any new service trying to get started isn't going to have the same depth in their catalog, and it's not going to look as good to potential customers, so they won't be able to build market share as easily.

Crave TV is trying to get jump-started by charging half the price ($4/month), but Bell crippled them from the start by limiting them to existing phone company customers. Even Shomi hasn't been generally available until recently.

Both of them missed a major opportunity by failing to offer a free trial, something Netflix got right from the start. At least Shomi has smartened up now.
I think they were forced to open it up....
[QUOTE]I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them.[/QUOTE] ~Andy Bernard, The Office (U.S.)
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
2984 posts
15759 upvotes
Halifax
srg83 wrote:
Aug 21st, 2015 9:06 am
Cool, thanks for the reply! I subscribe to TMN/HBO etc. so between that and shomi it sounds like I wouldn't really be missing anything without CraveTV. Unless CraveTV has Deep Space Nine...that's the only old show I need in my streaming services ;)
Yep, if you pay for premium channels, Crave probably wouldn't add anything for you. For cord cutters like me though, it's kind of the only missing piece of content I can't stream yet. I'm looking forward to it opening to all.

Is DS9 on Can or US Netflix? I'm sure I've watched it on Netflix at some point. Things come and go, it will be added back if it's not there right now.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
6151 posts
4335 upvotes
Toronto
Beware of Rogers... for our internet subscription we were promised a lower firm price by the representative and once the bill arrive it had tons off surcharges that we specifically asked the representative if they were included and she assured they were.

When we call to inquire about that, they denied the representative could have said those charges were included, and when we decided to cancel, they gave us a hard time and made our life miserable

If you can, avoid Rogers and Bell like the plague, and don't support them with Shomi/Crave... they tried as much as they could to shut down Netflix in Canada, and both of them worked together to introduced the bandwidth cap to keep milking us all of our money.
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝