Tags:
None
[OP]
Nov 21, 2001
91 posts
3 upvotes
Lindsay

Shop.ca after sales support or lack thereof

Took a look around and have found lots of threads on the deals offered by shop.ca but none talking about what happens after. I like many others jumped on the Nexus 7 deal back in November, I opened it up on November the 25 and found it had a cracked screen. It is now December the 25 and I still have the defective Nexus and really have no confidence in this company regarding a return or getting my money back.

From no response to phone messages or emails to being hung up on after being on hold. Their own online support system seems to baffle them on how it works, either that or what I see and what they see are two different things.

I took a look at their Facebook page and it appears I'm not alone. Has anyone else tangled with this place after a sale and had any success.
11 replies
Deal Addict
May 2, 2007
3015 posts
265 upvotes
Kingston
Cut throat prices = cut throat service
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2007
1759 posts
58 upvotes
GTA
I filled out their return form a few days ago and got a response pretty quick. They emailed me two shipping labels since I had to return two items. The first one came after 10 minutes and the second around 30 minutes. I was actually surprised it went so smoothly.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2013
1046 posts
149 upvotes
Burlington, ON
Called a good 10 times, always goes to voicemail. E-mailed a week ago, nothing. Looks like I'm calling Visa soon for a chargeback.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
11748 posts
21662 upvotes
Scarborough
I've never had any luck calling or emailing them about anything. I go directly to the company who is fulfilling the order and they are usually helpful. This of course only benefits you to see when your order might arrive.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2004
1818 posts
154 upvotes
Toronto
TomRFD wrote:
Jan 8th, 2014 12:44 pm
I've never had any luck calling or emailing them about anything. I go directly to the company who is fulfilling the order and they are usually helpful. This of course only benefits you to see when your order might arrive.
How do you know who the company is fulfilling it?
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2013
1046 posts
149 upvotes
Burlington, ON
Decided to post something on their Facebook, that seemed to get their attention. Problem is resolved.
Seems like with some companies your best bet is to post on their FB/Twitter.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2009
2094 posts
791 upvotes
London
ha, mine's there too!

Yeah shop.ca is trash. I'll take their coupons and "purchase" stuff, but never will I put a penny (or a nickel) into their crap again. I myself just filed a paypal dispute. I figured if they don't ever have time to respond to customers, maybe they won't have time to respond to disputes/chargebacks either! Gogogo chargeback/dispute it! Let's bring down this nefarious website
Banned
Oct 16, 2008
1010 posts
627 upvotes
I does believe.shop.ca is a game over company.torstar is going to lose 27 million,ouch.
what next,guess who's been watching ready to step in and claim the spoils.
the boys at shop.ca gave them all the tools they need on what not to do.maybe they'll call Torstar and ask if they would like to invest some more.

loblaws?
maybe.hard call if they would buy them for a dollar,rebrand quickly or already on schedule to launch.
Mar 23, 2013
706 posts
119 upvotes
Kitchener
Often they will put you on hold and you get mysteriously "disconnected" (hung up on). Call back and no one answers.
Jul 8, 2013
38 posts
4 upvotes
London
Add me to the list. I returned something in early December. the item was accepted for a return on December 10. I have not received a refund yet . I finally got a hold of someone yesterday who said she would look into it.... How long would you wait? It was a fairly large purchase!!