Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] Hipstreet The FLASH 8" Dual Core 8GB Tablet $99.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 11th, 2013 4:10 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Newbie
Feb 24, 2008
47 posts
11 upvotes

[Walmart] Hipstreet The FLASH 8" Dual Core 8GB Tablet $99.99

Saw this in an email. Does anyone have experience on it? With dual core and 1G RAM, I hope it won't lagging. Walmart has it price at $118.
The features attract me are 2 cameras (rear and front-facing) and HDMI output.

http://www.shop.ca/c/hipstreet-hipstree ... t-22519763

Features:
8GB capacity - supports 40 GB with Micro SD card (not included)
1.6 GHz Dual Core CPU with 1GB DDR3 RAM
Rechargable lithium polymer battery
Built-in High Speed Micro USB 2.0 connection for High Definition Output
Built-in Speakers, microphone and 2 cameras (rear and front-facing)
Supports multiple language formats
Android ™ (Jelly Bean 4.1) OS

Edit:
With Promocode FACEBOOK to get $10 off $50 purchases or greater, thank you Next123. So the price will be $89.99. But I don't know how to change the title. :(
Actually there are more codes available, try to search "shop.ca promocode" you will see. Unfortunately you cannot stackup the codes.
33 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 9, 2012
2492 posts
469 upvotes
Toronto
This is on this price like 3times a week
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 9, 2012
2492 posts
469 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for posting but extreme coldness
Banned
Jul 26, 2009
4315 posts
661 upvotes
Toronto
therollin wrote:
Aug 6th, 2013 10:35 am
Thanks for posting but extreme coldness
Nope, its warm actually, if you don't count stooples clearance.
i5-3570K 3.4GHz | ASUS DCII 7850 2Gb
8Gb DDR3 1333MHz | 128GB HyperX SSD + 1Tb HDD
Gigabyte Z77-DS3H | Ultra 650W PSU | Dell 22" 1920x1080 LED
The proud owner of a brand new ASUS T100!!!
[OP]
Newbie
Feb 24, 2008
47 posts
11 upvotes
Forget to mention: If you register as a new member and spend $100, you can get $25. At $75, it would be hot. :D
Banned
Jul 26, 2009
4315 posts
661 upvotes
Toronto
dplay wrote:
Aug 6th, 2013 10:44 am
Forget to mention: If you register as a new member and spend $100, you can get $25. At $75, it would be hot. :D
Agreed. But many things at shop are expensive, so it might be the equivalent of something like $20-$15 cash.
i5-3570K 3.4GHz | ASUS DCII 7850 2Gb
8Gb DDR3 1333MHz | 128GB HyperX SSD + 1Tb HDD
Gigabyte Z77-DS3H | Ultra 650W PSU | Dell 22" 1920x1080 LED
The proud owner of a brand new ASUS T100!!!
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16402 posts
1471 upvotes
hot if it was $75 and 10inches, these dual core cheap tablets are so SLOW compared to the new nex7! the lag while swiping was unbareable!!! thank god for quadcore 1.5ghz tablets! instant swiping!
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
Banned
Jul 26, 2009
4315 posts
661 upvotes
Toronto
mikka1989 wrote:
Aug 6th, 2013 11:38 am
hot if it was $75 and 10inches, these dual core cheap tablets are so SLOW compared to the new nex7! the lag while swiping was unbareable!!! thank god for quadcore 1.5ghz tablets! instant swiping!
I want to facepalm, but that's just rude.
Cheapo tablets are not slow because of a slow SoC, but because of the firmware, because its cheap, they almost always never put enough time into developing a nice smooth ROM, they just stick whatever is the easiest and ship it out.
Have you seen the old Nexus 7 being slow as crap, even as a quad core?

No app on Android uses a quad core. The reason why the majority of quad core Android tablets are fast is because Quad cores are generally more expensive to buy, and are usually put in more premium devices, so the company will spend more time developing the firmware. And a Nexus is a google device, so the firmware is going to be top notch.

An example of quads being useless is my Nexus 4. I disabled 2 cores on my phone and its still just as fast.
i5-3570K 3.4GHz | ASUS DCII 7850 2Gb
8Gb DDR3 1333MHz | 128GB HyperX SSD + 1Tb HDD
Gigabyte Z77-DS3H | Ultra 650W PSU | Dell 22" 1920x1080 LED
The proud owner of a brand new ASUS T100!!!
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16402 posts
1471 upvotes
zijin_cheng wrote:
Aug 6th, 2013 12:10 pm
I want to facepalm, but that's just rude.
Cheapo tablets are not slow because of a slow SoC, but because of the firmware, because its cheap, they almost always never put enough time into developing a nice smooth ROM, they just stick whatever is the easiest and ship it out.
Have you seen the old Nexus 7 being slow as crap, even as a quad core?

No app on Android uses a quad core. The reason why the majority of quad core Android tablets are fast is because Quad cores are generally more expensive to buy, and are usually put in more premium devices, so the company will spend more time developing the firmware. And a Nexus is a google device, so the firmware is going to be top notch.

An example of quads being useless is my Nexus 4. I disabled 2 cores on my phone and its still just as fast.

good info, na man i don't mind u :facepalm: ing me! i disagree bout your nex4 quad vs 2, have the nex4 too and its slower in dual mode, yes it saves battery more but it 'slower' more micro lagging when swiping and not as smooth when u scroll using certain apps, and if u do play high FPS games you'll need those 4 cores
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2012
3479 posts
610 upvotes
Nova Scotia
I (as in me personally) wouldn't buy hipstreet, 2 family members bought the one Walmart had on for $78 boxing day (9" not sure what specs) struggled to load simple things after awhile and they both won't even turn on now.
I'm not on the can right now, I swear
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 4, 2006
2571 posts
221 upvotes
When the word 'hipstreet' comes to mind i picture low quality, budget clearance accessories at Winners. I don't think I could justify buying a tablet from them.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 14, 2013
1660 posts
412 upvotes
Burnaby
seriously stay away from hipstreet stuff unless its like a phone case or something cheap.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Apr 22, 2009
510 posts
106 upvotes
Ottawa
zijin_cheng wrote:
Aug 6th, 2013 12:10 pm
An example of quads being useless is my Nexus 4. I disabled 2 cores on my phone and its still just as fast.
How do you disable cores on the Nexus 4???
Banned
Jul 26, 2009
4315 posts
661 upvotes
Toronto
mikka1989 wrote:
Aug 6th, 2013 1:01 pm
good info, na man i don't mind u :facepalm: ing me! i disagree bout your nex4 quad vs 2, have the nex4 too and its slower in dual mode, yes it saves battery more but it 'slower' more micro lagging when swiping and not as smooth when u scroll using certain apps, and if u do play high FPS games you'll need those 4 cores
I don't really see a difference, mainly cuz I'm on CM10.1 nightlies. I noticed microlag when moving from stock to CM10.1, but disabling 2 cores didn't really do anything.

I'm just getting really tired of repeatedly telling people that dual cores are still relevant. Right now, the most important component in an SoC is the graphics chip. Kind of the same thing as a desktop. If you change a CPU from a an i3-3320 to an i5-3570k, dual core to a quad core, will general performance such as opening up chrome or word improve? Probably not.
i5-3570K 3.4GHz | ASUS DCII 7850 2Gb
8Gb DDR3 1333MHz | 128GB HyperX SSD + 1Tb HDD
Gigabyte Z77-DS3H | Ultra 650W PSU | Dell 22" 1920x1080 LED
The proud owner of a brand new ASUS T100!!!
× < >

Top