Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Shop.ca

Video Game Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 4th, 2015 11:27 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2014
1597 posts
4147 upvotes

[Shop.ca] Video Game Thread

I thought I would turn this thread into a generalized video game thread instead of creating a new one every time a new game comes in stock. As most know, you can use coupons found below on any game over $50 and with new games coming in stock regularly, it is a worthwhile deal. I thought fellow RFDers could keep an eye out for new stock and we can update together.

Use the $20 off $50 coupons found here - https://www.facebook.com/SHOPdotCA

Click on More > #PLAYHAPPY etc. to get coupon. Rinse and repeat for more. Coupons expire 31/05/15.

PS4 Games
http://www.shop.ca/c/sc/ps4-games

Xbox One Games
http://www.shop.ca/SearchDisplay?search ... reId=10201

Wii U Games
http://www.shop.ca/c/sc/wii-u

Tax is charged on the full amount before coupon. Obviously, this can be used on any game over $50.
175 replies
Oct 6, 2010
6 posts
2 upvotes
Thank you so much! Been on the lookout for a deal on this after playing the beta, especially with the MSRP for games being $70 these days...

I had zero expectations going into the beta, simply DLing it out of curiosity, but it really grew on me. The long term viability of the game is probably weak given the relatively low amount of content and pricing structure. However, I didn't want to pass up playing and supporting such a unique game (vs call of duty #20) before the community died out.

Thanks again!
Feb 7, 2008
641 posts
396 upvotes
St Catharines
I wonder if this includes the pre-order bonus extra monster... there's nothing indicating it does on the product page.

Those bonuses are not normally a big deal for me, but in this case they're charging 14.99 for the same monster after launch if you don't pre-order (though hopefully not for long given the community backlash).
Deal Guru
Jun 18, 2012
10889 posts
5430 upvotes
Toronto
if it's like Titanfall it will be $5 soon. Titanfall was $5 for Black Friday and even then nobody bought it. (i didn't)
Feb 7, 2008
641 posts
396 upvotes
St Catharines
ManCaveGamer wrote: if it's like Titanfall it will be $5 soon. Titanfall was $5 for Black Friday and even then nobody bought it. (i didn't)
That's what I'm thinking, with the DLC setup they've announced, the game is basically an expensive F2P... I'm hoping it's not full-price for very long because it is a fun game (played the alpha and beta)... also a number of games I purchased on BF discounts still had the pre-order codes/bonus content months later (Alien:I, evil within, etc.) so who knows...
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2003
4026 posts
1858 upvotes
Interestingly, this game was priced at $49.99 when it was first announced (back when games were going for $59.99). Then when games moved to the $69.99 price tag, this moved along with them. Those who picked this up during E3 sale probably got this for around $30.

I tried the beta and probably need to put in a bit more time to really appreciate it. It has a lot of potential but like Titanfall and Fuse, it's focus on multiplayer play alone detracts many from trying this game. There may be a story mode of some sort but from what I've seen, it may give players little reason to care about the world/characters.

There aren't many multiplayer only games that could sell as that alone. Aside from MMOs, COD is the only game I can think of where they could still sell very well with a multiplayer only game...which they don't do with the story/co-op/multiplayer package the bring to the table.

Guess we'll see. Personally, I'm waiting for this to hit the $20-30 mark and maybe if my friends are willing, we'd all join in to play together.
Banned
Jan 6, 2015
152 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto, ON
mgrimace wrote: I wonder if this includes the pre-order bonus extra monster... there's nothing indicating it does on the product page.

Those bonuses are not normally a big deal for me, but in this case they're charging 14.99 for the same monster after launch if you don't pre-order (though hopefully not for long given the community backlash).Image
I hope they do include the bones
Mar 14, 2011
365 posts
271 upvotes
I wouldn't recommend this game to anyone. The alpha and beta we're both beyond disappointing.
Deal Guru
Feb 2, 2011
10166 posts
5555 upvotes
Toronto
There's a lot of speculation saying that this game will be heavily DLC based.
Feb 7, 2008
641 posts
396 upvotes
St Catharines
It's not even speculation at this point - DLC was accidentally announced before the game itself :facepalm: My takeaway (and experience with the alpha/beta) seems like the game 'variety' comes from the characters (i.e. new abilities to experience = new strategies for hero's/monsters) but those new characters are pay-walled DLC (the seasons pass is 4 heroes for 25$, monsters are 15$/monster, via rockpapershotgun)... it's relevant to note they've said all maps however will be released free

There are a number of good articles discussing the pre-order/DLC issues - if you're interested google Evolve + DLC, here's a few I found useful in making my decision...
DLC issues via Crave,
Pre-order issues via Refined Geekery,
Evolve's Director's response via Destructoid
Deal Guru
Apr 9, 2006
10576 posts
15687 upvotes
GT-EH
ManCaveGamer wrote: if it's like Titanfall it will be $5 soon. Titanfall was $5 for Black Friday and even then nobody bought it. (i didn't)
I'm waiting for Titanfall to be On The House! :D
May 5, 2011
94 posts
30 upvotes
Thanks Op! Purchased The Order at $60 tax included.
Jul 18, 2006
887 posts
548 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks op. Donkey Kong Trop Freeze for 42$ all in is a great price. You can't get it used off of Kijiji for less than that.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2013
2078 posts
2139 upvotes
Buenos Aires/Monaco
Socpens wrote: http://www.shop.ca/c/take-2-sony-ps4-gr ... 6-24669391

They have GTA 5 on PS4 in stock, comes down to $60 taxes included with the coupon, which is about $52 before tax (in QC anyways). Decent deal for a game that is never on sale.
PM opportunity has/had it for $42.50 last week. There's a thread in Hot Deals, but I'm not sure if the deal is still on.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
3039 posts
1529 upvotes
Markham
ElHoardo wrote: PM opportunity has/had it for $42.50 last week. There's a thread in Hot Deals, but I'm not sure if the deal is still on.
XB1 not PS4
Jul 30, 2007
157 posts
93 upvotes
Use the $20 off $50 coupons found here - https://www.facebook.com/SHOPdotCA

Click on More > #PLAYHAPPY etc. to get coupon. Rinse and repeat for more. Coupons expire 31/05/15.

I must be doing something wrong. When I follow that link I click on "more" but it only gives me
Copy link
Create page.

I also see "more information"
But when I click on that I just get random information on
Products
About mission
Company Overview
Etc

I'm using my mobile phone.

If someone could help this noob I would really appreciate it

Thanks
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2013
1337 posts
239 upvotes
brown_thug1 wrote: Use the $20 off $50 coupons found here - https://www.facebook.com/SHOPdotCA

I must be doing something wrong. When I follow that link I click on "more" but it only gives me
Copy link
Create page.

I also see "more information"
But when I click on that I just get random information on
Products
About mission
Company Overview
Etc

I'm using my mobile phone.

If someone could help this noob I would really appreciate it

Thanks
You are clicking the settings button. The "more" button is beside the Twitter button on the page. When clicked you should see a bunch of the #PlayHappy stuff. Don't click the three dots.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)