Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Shoppers Drug Mart

10% off Canadian Tire gift cards- March 17-23

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 24th, 2018 2:35 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2009
3654 posts
3054 upvotes
MarvinMartian wrote: Just bought $1000 worth of GC's. Deal is only good for Saturday and Sunday. Stock up!
Wait what? The OP and the flyer both say until March 23.
Nov 22, 2010
759 posts
168 upvotes
Toronto
DaVibe wrote: FYI, SDM has some newer Canadian Tire GCs where the swipe feature has been raised to the middle of the card.

IMO, this is a fraction safer, as now crooks cannot scan the card in-store. However, all numbers are visible meaning anyone can copy them down and wait for you to activate the card.

It's better but still not great.
The locations that I went to in downtown TO have the old style ones, so I decided not to take the risk.
Dec 12, 2010
194 posts
152 upvotes
Toronto
Shoppers in Brantford had CT gift cards that could be loaded with 25-500 but sadly couldn't get the 10% off on these so had to buy a bunch of individual cards
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2006
1214 posts
867 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks, OP! I've hardly made a dent in the last batch I bought.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2012
1430 posts
1157 upvotes
Doesn't seem worth the drive to save 10% unless you are buying a significant amount or don't value your time. Thanks anyways
Deal Addict
May 26, 2010
1799 posts
1184 upvotes
Eastern Canada
MarvinMartian wrote: Just bought $1000 worth of GC's. Deal is only good for Saturday and Sunday. Stock up!
Nice, you save $100..
I only bought one, i might get another one Sunday..
. . . .
Be Nice...
. . . .
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Couldn't get the 25-500, had to get 5x100, paid with Rogers MC Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2005
2781 posts
4017 upvotes
Toronto
Jonric wrote: Being produced by the same refinery does not automatically mean the gas is the same. A refinery can produce different formulations, or different mixes of additives can be put into the same base formulation.
My CT gas station has no ethnol on the 91 grade. I like the fact that its just all gas, i don't want to have all kinds of stuff in my gasoline. less additives the better.

If I want orange juice, i'd buy orange juice, not the one I have to pay more to get orange juice + vit ABCDEFG + omega 3... Same thing for my car, my bike, my boat
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2005
2781 posts
4017 upvotes
Toronto
Everytime I go buy $1000 bucks of GC, they make a big deal out of this...

First I asked the cashier to get me 20 x $50 cards.
She is like "why?".... I said I want to buy it, she said, just make sure you don't get scammed ( I guess referring to the CRA scams). I like that as she is looking out for my interest. Good job on training employees SDM!

Then she asked a shift supervisor to authorize the purchase.

He comes along and I said I need 20 x $50 cards. He said, "No, can't do that for you"... I asked Why and he can't give me an answer. so he called the store supervisor.

Store supervisor comes, ask me for card and id, calls mastercard to ask if its ok for me to make the purchase (something about a code 10). The mastercard agent didn't know what is code 10. lol. She proceed with finally processing my cards. I had to tell her how to punch it in using which PLU. She said I should work there lol...
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2015
2299 posts
2095 upvotes
Ontario
bubak wrote: Wait what? The OP and the flyer both say until March 23.
Correct. The other deals on the flyer are only good for this weekend.
Virgin Plus ($29/35GB BYOD)
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2012
1965 posts
1096 upvotes
Kanata, ON
RichRFD wrote: Correct. The other deals on the flyer are only good for this weekend.
Ah, sorry. I must have mis-read the flyer thinking it was Saturday and Sunday only. Will go back later in the week to get more then. :)
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2012
1965 posts
1096 upvotes
Kanata, ON
On a side note, keep your receipts! I may have been scammed with one of my $100 cards from the last deal a few months ago. I bought $1000 worth of cards and ended up throwing out my receipts after about the 7th card since it was all working fine. Went to go use my last card and was told there was nothing on it. I called the number on the back and was told that the card was activated in 2014 and was last used in Fergus, Ontario in 2015 (I'm in Ottawa). They opened a file for me, but said there's not much they can do without a receipt.

I really don't know what happened, all of the cards were activated normally when I purchased them, so perhaps a CT employee switched them on me behind the counter when trying to pay for gas? I hope that's not the case, but I really don't know how else to explain it.

Keep your receipts and keep an eye on your cards at retailers.
Dec 12, 2010
194 posts
152 upvotes
Toronto
DaVibe wrote: Honestly, that's the right thing to do.
Just try another store.
What are the new style cards? The ones that were at shoppers here didn't have any packaging at all. They are just plastic cards with a larger piece of plastic on top attached which breaks off when you bend between them.
May 28, 2012
12485 posts
5278 upvotes
Saskatoon
greygables wrote: Not sure why this moved to expired deals?
Moved back since you've provided a clean link instead of a competitor's one.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
3026 posts
1670 upvotes
B.C.
sooksook wrote: Too bad we don't have CT gas in Vancouver =(
Same on the island. Yet I still get blasted with CT gas station ads constantly on facebook!
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26683 posts
15290 upvotes
Toronto
Kab wrote: What are the new style cards? The ones that were at shoppers here didn't have any packaging at all. They are just plastic cards with a larger piece of plastic on top attached which breaks off when you bend between them.
The older style are a plastic card on a piece of paper.
The newer style is a plastic card, no paper.

On the old cards, the electronic swipe on the card is at the very bottom. On these cards, it's been raised (When it's in its "new" un-purchased form). So basically it cannot be swiped, in-store.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Esso Price Privileges Card, 25% Off - save some money on gas
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2010
5621 posts
1552 upvotes
Toronto
Rockdaddy22 wrote: Still have some left from the the last Loblaws sale, will definitely grab a few more.

Don’t forget you can use these to save %10 on your public Mobile bill, use these cards to buy vouchers.
does it stack with auto pay discount?
Dec 11, 2004
500 posts
217 upvotes
Thanks OP. Good timing as I bought $400 worth of sale items from CT this weekend.