Expired Hot Deals

[Shoppers Drug Mart] 15,000 PC Optimum Points when you buy a SDM Beauty Gift Card

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 21st, 2019 2:53 pm
Nov 23, 2004
813 posts
244 upvotes
Edmonton
I didn't get the points either but the odd thing is last I looked, the transaction never got charged to my credit card. I'll double check both statements but I won't care too much about the 15k points.
Previous wins:
-Fujifilm Finepix Z10FD 7.2mp (Green) 210$
-2x Xbox 360 (Oct 29 & Nov 1) 300$
-2x EA SPORTS
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2152 posts
915 upvotes
wilbrod wrote:
Feb 17th, 2019 10:16 am
I didn't get the points either but the odd thing is last I looked, the transaction never got charged to my credit card. I'll double check both statements but I won't care too much about the 15k points.
Did you confirm that the gift card was activated, ie did you successfully use it?
Nov 23, 2004
813 posts
244 upvotes
Edmonton
akaManny wrote:
Feb 17th, 2019 12:16 pm
Did you confirm that the gift card was activated, ie did you successfully use it?
Yes, I used it same day after purchasing it. I still have the receipt.. I'll report back after investigating
Previous wins:
-Fujifilm Finepix Z10FD 7.2mp (Green) 210$
-2x Xbox 360 (Oct 29 & Nov 1) 300$
-2x EA SPORTS
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2152 posts
915 upvotes
kiiaal wrote:
Feb 17th, 2019 10:08 am
I got denied the bonus points. I submitted an online inquiry and received email stating my receipt shows that I purchased a “SDM GIFT CARD” (which it does) and not a Beauty Boutique Gift Card.

I emailed back a picture of the gift cards.

Frustrating...I also tried calling in and they’re closed Sundays.

Can’t they get their act together?? I’ve sent so many missing pts inquiry since the PC and Optimum merger.
I doubt that this would be resolved with a phone call. If you have sent pictures of the gift cards, front and back and the receipt, you should be OK. I have had mostly negative results when phoning in, once being disconnected after waiting and waiting and finally talking to a real person. When I called back and talked with another person, she clearly was a rookie and didn't understand the promotion (not this gift card promotion) or even about regular points when the PCF credit card was involved and claimed that a supervisor was not available. It was bizarre. This was the only time that I did not get the infamous "Your case ... has been closed" email, but indeed got the points. They run so many different types of promotions, so you need to decide how much effort you want to put it in to chase missing points. Good luck, but don't give up if you've come this far.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
6738 posts
2879 upvotes
North York
Looks like there are both red and blue beauty boutique gift cards.
I believe the system has no problem recognizing the blue ones but treats the red ones as normal SDM gift cards.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2006
1878 posts
788 upvotes
Ontario
Mine were red. I already spent and threw away 1 of the 3 I bought. Sent a pic of the 2 left. Imagine if I didn’t have any of the cards left? There would be no proof of purchase. Description on the receipt is of no use.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2152 posts
915 upvotes
kiiaal wrote:
Feb 17th, 2019 3:36 pm
Mine were red. I already spent and threw away 1 of the 3 I bought. Sent a pic of the 2 left. Imagine if I didn’t have any of the cards left? There would be no proof of purchase. Description on the receipt is of no use.
Yes, mine were blue also, and I got the points. Your experience makes it clear that when the cashier offers to throw out the (fully used) card, we should keep it. Never thought of that.
Oct 3, 2018
478 posts
366 upvotes
GTA
kiiaal wrote:
Feb 17th, 2019 3:36 pm
Hmm, I got mine from the Beauty side + register.

Like @akaManny , my Beauty Boutique GC was also blue ... and says on the receipt:

SDM GIFT CARD

However, my points were automatically rewarded unlike yours @kiiaal.

Whether you purchased on Beauty Side register or regular register, doesn't look like it should make a difference.

Have found that when points are missing, if they want to deny, rules or things are made up to justify their reasons?!

Hope you don't have to submit your 3 receipts, as they "should" have a copy.

Customer Service in resolving missing points is inconsistent and it seems different methods of contact works for different people ... and depends on the agent that you get, day + time you inquire ... So many variables!

Whatever you do, hope your persistence pays off and that you receive your missing points for your 3 GC's :)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
6738 posts
2879 upvotes
North York
Yeah I am having trouble with my red ones too. Good luck to @ChinpokoMon who bought so many reds, LOL.

Dealing with PCO Customer Service has been especially frustrating this time:

First they told me to wait till the 15th and points will get automatically added;
When that didn't work, they told me it's a PC Mastercard bonus and I need to wait till the bill comes;
I then told them I don't even own a PC Mastercard, then I was told that loaded offer can only be used once so I shouldn't have split the transaction;
I wrote back saying it's a flyer offer and they were the one who advised me to split the transaction;
Now they want proof that I didn't purchase the normal SDM gift cards.

They don't seem to know their own promotions and will use any excuse to deny the points.
Reminded me of how Air Miles Customer Service used to be.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2003
3667 posts
1684 upvotes
Edmonton
DragonRider wrote:
Feb 18th, 2019 11:17 am
Yeah I am having trouble with my red ones too. Good luck to @ChinpokoMon who bought so many reds, LOL.
Yeah none of my points were automatically awarded due to the cards being red. Had a number of e-mails with customer care, sending them front+back photos of cards and receipts and the flyer offer. A bit of a hassle but eventually I received all my points via adjustments.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2152 posts
915 upvotes
ChinpokoMon wrote:
Feb 19th, 2019 7:00 pm
Yeah none of my points were automatically awarded due to the cards being red. Had a number of e-mails with customer care, sending them front+back photos of cards and receipts and the flyer offer. A bit of a hassle but eventually I received all my points via adjustments.
Good on you. It sometimes takes extra effort, but it is good to know that the effort pays off.
Dec 6, 2010
16 posts
19 upvotes
I want to provide everyone with an update.
I had to call into PC optimum and discuss the missing points after Feb 15 for the $150 SDM purchase/receive 15000 pts. And the rep over the phone has confirmed it is only a one time bonus offer per acct holder. Which means I did not receive the 45000 pts for the 3 remaining $150 beauty GCS I have purchased. She read out the flyer fine print as well and noted "a $150 GC". I mentioned to her it was misleading as it did not indicate a limit per acct holder on the flyer. So for people who purchased 2 or more, you may be out of luck for the bonus 15000 pts/gc and stuck with gift catds, especially the person who bought 10 gcs.

Very misleading..
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2152 posts
915 upvotes
oakleys wrote:
Feb 20th, 2019 2:11 pm
I had to call into PC optimum and discuss the missing points after Feb 15 for the $150 SDM purchase/receive 15000 pts. And the rep over the phone has confirmed it is only a one time bonus offer per acct holder. Which means I did not receive the 45000 pts for the 3 remaining $150 beauty GCS I have purchased. She read out the flyer fine print as well and noted "a $150 GC". I mentioned to her it was misleading as it did not indicate a limit per acct holder on the flyer. So for people who purchased 2 or more, you may be out of luck for the bonus 15000 pts/gc and stuck with gift catds, especially the person who bought 10 gcs.

Very misleading..
Agreed that the limits, if any, were not clearly laid out. I bought 1 x $150 on each of 3 family accounts, and 1 x $100. That account got both 15,000 and 10,000.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
6738 posts
2879 upvotes
North York
oakleys wrote:
Feb 20th, 2019 2:11 pm

Very misleading..
That's BS.
On one account, I purchased 5 blue cards and got the full 75,000 points.
On another account, I purchased 1 blue and 4 red, and only 1 was counted and received 15,000 points.
The problem is with their system recognizing the red BeautyBoutique cards as normal SDM cards.
It's not our fault.

One agent closed my ticket simply saying sorry.
I requested another agent to re-open the ticket and escalate it. She seems more understanding.
Hoping to hear back soon.
Oct 3, 2018
478 posts
366 upvotes
GTA
@oakleys are your 4 cards 'red' vs 'baby blue'?

If so, that may be the issue as @DragonRider seemed to have both!

I would call back and escalate as others have purchased multiple and received points.

@ChinpokoMon had to document and send in pics, why don't you try that too, hopefully, if you still have the gift cards?

And as @akaManny mentioned, do we have to now keep every gift card that is empty too, in case we need to document/prove purchases for our points? lol

Initially, on Saturday, I pointed out the BB GC promo to the Beauty Consultant as they had no clue!

When I returned on Sunday to purchase one for a family member, the same rep told me there was a new rule, 2 maximum per person.

If the store sold you multiple GC's, and allowed you to purchase separately, why won't they award you all of the points?

There seems to be a disconnect with SDM Store Managers and Staff and PCO, etc

And of course YMMV, in chasing down missing points ... depending on the rep you get, the day/time of day, and the method of communication you choose.

I hope you get your missing points @oakleys ... and @DragonRider !!