Expired Hot Deals

[Shoppers Drug Mart] 15,000 PC Optimum Points when you buy a SDM Beauty Gift Card

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 21st, 2019 2:53 pm
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1509 posts
1672 upvotes
Halifax
yournuts2 wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 8:15 am
Ok, I won't post their response, sorry to cause any trouble
you might as well post what they say, but it's pretty obvious the different scenarios. First, the ad specifically says beauty Boutique Gift Card. So the ad is intended to be for the Boutique only. If the card actually works in the regular store (which it did before) then your calling is going to do a few things. It will alert them that more people are looking to buy these cards and then use on regular items. Their response in store can be to either start programming the cards to only work on boutique (i think unlikely), send memo to stores to only allow on boutique items, or stop or lower the promotion. It's better to just let the promo happen, ,then go and buy a card and see if it works. Somebody here will be able to buy the card and will take the chance and let everyone know.

Seriously, let everyone know what they said.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
7528 posts
3988 upvotes
North York
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 8:39 am
No one stop you paying with the machine though.
SDM self checkout doesn't accept gift card as form of payment as far as I know.

Here is someone's experience using these gift cards:
https://forum.smart canucks.ca/174128-beware-sdm-beauty-boutique-gift-card-canada/
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
2617 posts
968 upvotes
Toronto
So which RFDer will step up and be willing to hit a SDM early Saturday, and buy the gift card?

Ideally someone who buys beauty boutique items regularly anyways.

Then buy other things using it. I will suggest milk and Miss Vickie's chips (2 for $4 is cheapest I've seen in a long time). Report back that 10% bonus points were added (should be a given). But more importantly, to me and others, if it works on other purchases, and if they got points on other purchases too.

Three cheers for any RFDer that does that.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
5025 posts
2031 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
DragonRider wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 9:00 am
SDM self checkout doesn't accept gift card as form of payment as far as I know.

Here is someone's experience using these gift cards:
https://forum.smart canucks.ca/174128-beware-sdm-beauty-boutique-gift-card-canada/
Really? That is a major setback.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
6014 posts
4128 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Wpegger wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 10:32 pm
R u sure that you can use it for other stuff? If yes this is hot.
We had this deal a few years back and folks were able to use the beauty gift card for regular items. It being a beauty gift card is probably just a cosmetic design on the card.
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Apr 25, 2017
657 posts
460 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Wow! I used the beauty gift card to reload my presto card before, so it is 10% off for GO Train and TTC!!
Feb 11, 2013
253 posts
102 upvotes
Toronto
can I buy the gift card using pc points? I already have lots of points which I need to use. they do not allow to buy any other gift cards using pc points but not asked SDM gift cards.
Dec 8, 2011
930 posts
863 upvotes
Toronto
cthakker wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 10:25 am
can I buy the gift card using pc points? I already have lots of points which I need to use. they do not allow to buy any other gift cards using pc points but not asked SDM gift cards.
No
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
14170 posts
3212 upvotes
dotsandpixels wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 9:21 am
Very easy (legit) solution to this but it requires an additional step or two. Dont want to post it here but if anyone is curious, PM me.
Perfectly legit but can't share it. :rolleyes:
cthakker wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 10:25 am
No.
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2006
5795 posts
469 upvotes
Kanata
Can you still do 20x Bonous point day or bonus redemption when you pay using the beauty gift card?
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2016
1255 posts
1215 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Lone_Prodigy wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 10:38 am

Perfectly legit but can't share it. :rolleyes:

No.
It is perfectly legit. And I'm willing to share it but just not on public forum. If I post it, and everyone buys the gift cards and does it, it might dissuade sdm from offering a great promo like this next time. Just like previous poster who called them to ask if he can use the gc on non-beauty purchases.

Better to keep low-key, no?
Oct 3, 2018
16 posts
5 upvotes
I was in Shoppers last weekend using the beauty GC for the philips dimmer and some snacks.
They let me use the GC.
Jun 22, 2009
896 posts
427 upvotes
Vancouver
Worst case if you can't use the GC at least you got socking stuffer for next year right ?