Hot Deals

[Shoppers Drug Mart] Bonus 1000 points when you use SELF CHECKOUT lanes at SDM stores (targeted offer)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 12th, 2019 8:08 am
[OP]
Sep 16, 2016
300 posts
289 upvotes
Toronto

[Shoppers Drug Mart] Bonus 1000 points when you use SELF CHECKOUT lanes at SDM stores (targeted offer)

Just found this 1000 points offer in my PC Optimum app. You may find it in yours too.

Points will be awarded within 3 weeks.

Expires on: Wednesday November 20th

Offer terms: Offer valid in-store at participating Pharmaprix/Shoppers Drug Mart stores with self check-out kiosks. Points will be added to your account within 3 weeks. We are not obligated to award points based on errors or misprints. No cash value. Minimum redemption 10,000 points
Last edited by TomRFD on Nov 7th, 2019 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Title edit
If we can dream it, we can make it!
Thread Summary
Points are forwarded on a later date, removing the likelyhood of participating in this offer more than once.
95 replies
May 16, 2016
7 posts
89 upvotes
Great deal, if points were instant... have to keep an eye on points. They’ve given themselves a 3 week window to award.

Using the cashier is better for economy.

Make sure to revert back after promo.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
2778 posts
3227 upvotes
Montreal
+ 1 revert to human cashier after the promo.

1,000 points = $1 (available one time only)

I would prefer to know that my neighbor keeps working.
Last edited by Temporel on Nov 8th, 2019 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 26, 2008
329 posts
130 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Going to cashier when machine can do the work, is akin littering to keep janitors busy.
May 23, 2018
13 posts
22 upvotes
Hamilton
Shoppers' self-checkout lanes are among the worst. I've experienced twice when the machine shows original price for a discounted item. I never go back to self-checkout ever since. Not sure if the issue is resolved.

Keep an eye on the scanned price when you check out.
Mar 17, 2011
129 posts
61 upvotes
Not to mention that there is hardly any room to put your items after you've scanned them.

hfyxin wrote:
Nov 7th, 2019 11:43 pm
Shoppers' self-checkout lanes are among the worst. I've experienced twice when the machine shows original price for a discounted item. I never go back to self-checkout ever since. Not sure if the issue is resolved.

Dec 2, 2006
191 posts
67 upvotes
Chilliwack
I don't work for SDM, I'll go to a cashier, thanks.
'Twixt Light and Darkness... SShadow
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1433 posts
5928 upvotes
RenilynV670198 wrote:
Nov 7th, 2019 10:38 pm
Temporel wrote:
Nov 7th, 2019 11:30 pm
I would prefer to know that my neighbor keeps working.
SShadow wrote:
Nov 7th, 2019 11:48 pm
I don't work for SDM, I'll go to a cashier, thanks.

We heard this about ATMs, movie ticket booths, milk delivery men, and telephone operators. You seem to be fine with connecting their own calls these days, and using online banks that charge the fewest fees so banks don't have to employ tellers for you.
Last edited by MrDisco on Nov 13th, 2019 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: unneccessary
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2015
4236 posts
3913 upvotes
Get your points and go back to cashiers after, don't let the machines eliminate the future jobs.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1433 posts
5928 upvotes
TransporterSD wrote:
Nov 8th, 2019 12:06 am
Get your points and go back to cashiers after, don't let the machines eliminate the future jobs.
The future is us walking into stores and shopping carts/baskets keeping inventory of our purchases & auto charging our credit cards on exit, like Amazon is experimenting with. There will be no cashiers OR self checkouts in the future.

This is very backward and hypocritical thinking, especially when RFD is so focused on low prices/saving money.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2140 posts
1754 upvotes
Richmond Hill
wait till they add 15% / 20% / 25% Tip option on the self service check out........
Bright side of RFD: 4 X Koodo $40/8GB plan
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Jul 23, 2015
533 posts
252 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
hfyxin wrote:
Nov 7th, 2019 11:43 pm

All registers at shoppers do this, until you hit subtotal or whatever button. Similar to save-on-foods until you swipe your more rewards.

I'd prefer when it shows thr final price as you go, much easier to ensure accurate pricing. SCOP ftw
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
10024 posts
1380 upvotes
Toronto
RenilynV670198 wrote:
Nov 7th, 2019 10:38 pm
Great deal, if points were instant... have to keep an eye on points. They’ve given themselves a 3 week window to award.

Make sure to revert back after promo.
Honestly, the last 2-3 shoppers I've been in that have self check-outs, 99% of the time the cashier will say if I'm paying with debit or credit then I have to use self checkout and I've had 2 occasions where they've refused flat out after I said credit to check me out using them, forcing me to use self check-out.

Now whether that's the employee just not wanting to deal with my purchase or they're being told to force us to use it I don't know (probably the latter). If it's the former then I don't care what happens after that.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
1951 posts
1872 upvotes
that is disgusting customer service, just walk out right there and leave your stuff on their counter.
considering amazon at least takes the time to package in a oversized box, with a label and most of their prices are as good with free shipping. There are plenty of pharmacies that can still survive against sdm

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)