Expired Hot Deals

[Shoppers Drug Mart] Get 10,000 PC Optimum Points When You Purchase A $50 PetSmart Gift Card (Oct 27 to Nov 2, 2018)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2018 7:38 am
Mar 7, 2011
205 posts
57 upvotes
Vernon
i just called 1-866-727-6468 and cs told me that usually its points per transaction for specials like this.
i did 4 separate $50's and she said that that was the best way to do it.
she said the points will not appear until nov 23 and she also made a note on my account saying that we discussed the situation so i will be awarded 40k points.

my suggestion would be to call in and have them make notes in your account!

the entire call was less than 2 minutes and she was very pleasant =)
Nov 30, 2006
294 posts
112 upvotes
Toronto
brigand wrote:
Nov 1st, 2018 4:44 pm
i just called 1-866-727-6468 and cs told me that usually its points per transaction for specials like this.
she said the points will not appear until nov 23 and she also made a note on my account saying that we discussed the situation so i will be awarded 40k points.

Thanks! I called, had it noted in my file and got a reference number. Your call was a little quicker - mine took 13 minutes but happy I noted in the file as I’ve bought a few in single purchases.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
3038 posts
5883 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
vanhalen26 wrote:
Nov 1st, 2018 3:12 pm
What a poorly executed promotion. The fine print says only the Nov 23 condition after the single dagger qualifier. The 10,000 points limitation (maximum 10,000 points per offer) appears after the double dagger and seemed like it was addressed to the mobile alert offer. Certainly unfriendly wording from a consumer perspective and hard for all of us to understand.
I have to agree with you @vanhalen26 - SDM's XX,XXX points WUB $YY in Retailer A's GCs promos need to be like the same promos at LCL's other retailers like RCSS, Loblaws, Zehrs, etc where you get the points immediately.

Going through the promo again, the single dagger footnote applies to this promo (points awarded by Nov 23). The double dagger footnote applies to the signing up for mobile offers & getting 10K points for signup. The 10K max points per offer limitation applies to the double asterisk footnote but there is no product on the page that has the double asterisk. This double asterisk footnote also mention a 24 hours only offer timeframe and that would likely refer to the senior's day 10K bonus for spending $50 but that double asterisk is supposed to be covered on page 6, not food section page 2. Page 6 also has a double asterisk, no mention of 24 hours only but similar verbiage as the double asterisk on food section page 2.

IMO, if there was a limitation of 1 per account, that should have been indicated within the single dagger footnote - and it is not.

brigand wrote:
Nov 1st, 2018 4:44 pm

Thanks @brigand for suggesting calling them and having a note added to your account.
Jul 19, 2007
62 posts
35 upvotes
Vancouver
I was in the Vancouver Yaletown location on Tuesday where they had many Petsmart GCs left.

I was interested in buying more than 1, but was told I would only get 10,000 points per PC Optimum account. So played it safe and just got one.

It's so confusing whether this promotion was intended to offer 10,000 points per account, per transaction, or per $50 card.
Apr 8, 2017
339 posts
133 upvotes
A Turtles Dream in O…
So we would or wouldn't get the triple points using the PC card?
Can you spare some cutter, me brother?
Sep 9, 2015
607 posts
291 upvotes
Nanaimo
I just called CS and they told me it has to be separate transactions. Unfortunately I did two GCs on the same transaction, live and learn!
Aug 13, 2011
878 posts
172 upvotes
S0lidus wrote:
Nov 1st, 2018 8:01 pm
I just called CS and they told me it has to be separate transactions. Unfortunately I did two GCs on the same transaction, live and learn!
That sucks as I did the same. I really don't understand why it matters so long as you bought two $50 gift cards. I sent a points inquiry through the app and they sent me a basic response that the points will be added by November 23rd.
Nov 30, 2006
294 posts
112 upvotes
Toronto
I emailed pc optimum a couple days ago, but only got a response overnight. I asked if I could collect 10,000 points more than once if I broke into separate $50 purchases.

The answer is unclear, though the call I had yesterday was very clear that I could.

We have 3 large dogs, so I planned to buy 10, I’m up to 7 though and will quit there just in case - despite the call yesterday saying it’s ok and noting so on my account.

His reply is poorly worded and might be referring to a single card but above $50, or multiple $50 cards ... can’t tell.

Anyways here’s the reply:

Thank you for contacting PC Optimum Member Care.

This offer is a flat reward of 10,000 PC Optimum for purchasing at least $50 in Pet Smart gift cards. The amount of gift cards purchased beyond the initial $50 amount does not effect the amount of points awarded. Please note that the points for this offer will be added to your account by November 23rd. We thank you for your understanding in this matter.
Jul 19, 2007
62 posts
35 upvotes
Vancouver
vanhalen26 wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 8:05 am

This offer is a flat reward of 10,000 PC Optimum for purchasing at least $50 in Pet Smart gift cards. The amount of gift cards purchased beyond the initial $50 amount does not effect the amount of points awarded. Please note that the points for this offer will be added to your account by November 23rd. We thank you for your understanding in this matter.
Someone else correct me if I'm wrong, but this wording suggests that it is 10,000 PC Optimum points per account. Particularly the usage of wording like "flat reward" and "gift cards purchased beyond the initial $50 amount does not effect the amount of points awarded."

If so, that would be consistent with what my local Shoppers Drug Mart told me.

But I'm glad to hear it sounds like some people who purchased more than one $50 gift card are able to get manual adjustments.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2009
1643 posts
364 upvotes
trystee wrote:
Oct 24th, 2018 11:04 pm

Note: link for F&F above is not working yet and should be working Nov 1.
Still not working.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
3038 posts
5883 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
vanhalen26 wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 8:05 am
Anyways here’s the reply:

I like how they're adding "at least" to their reply when there is no mention of those words in the ad and no mention that there is a limit of one 10K points offered per account.

AFAIC, those that did multiple $50 purchases on separate transactions should get the promo based on the vagueness of the fine print. For those that did multiples of $50 on the same variable GC in one transaction might have less to back their claims but I would still try submitting a missing points claim if they don't appear correctly by Nov 23. I would claim that I would have done separate transactions had I known the system would treat a 10K PCO reward for a $50 GC purchase the same as a 10K PCO reward for a $500 GC purchase (for example).

cbt123 wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 5:51 pm
Still not working.
Yup, the same as before.

The event does show on the scrolling banner ad:

and the "fine print" when you view a product online says:

Sign In & Save 15% for Friends & Family

Treats™ loyalty program members save 15% on select merchandise when you buy online. Members must sign in for discount to apply. Transaction total is prior to taxes & after discounts are applied. Savings will automatically reflect in the shopping cart with the purchase of qualifying merchandise. Maximum value of $150. Offer may not be combined with other promotional offers or discounts. Offer not valid on gift cards, charitable donations, live pets and may exclude select items on petsmart.ca. Terms and conditions of this offer are subject to change at the sole discretion of PetSmart. Offer valid on PetSmart.ca through November 5, 2018 @ 6:30 am EST.

Unfortunately I don't shop at PetSmart, so I'm not certain if this promo is targetted or available to everyone (it was in the physical flyer). :(
Aug 29, 2006
971 posts
75 upvotes
Is anyone else having problems checking out of petsmart online?
On Koodo $40/6gb plan.
Aug 3, 2007
104 posts
87 upvotes
I ordered last night online and F&F discount was applied automatically on my checkout page after I login to my petsmart account. Order has been shipped already today.
Nov 17, 2017
487 posts
317 upvotes
Just received the 10,000 points to our account
Public Mobile
Tangerine
Oct 17, 2009
278 posts
409 upvotes
I did two separate transactions, and got 20,000 points.