• Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2017 9:36 am
May 12, 2012
170 posts
90 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
mikka2017 wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 11:16 am
u mean they don't give u opt. pts for buying say 100$ SDM gc u get 1000 points anymore? if they don't thats news to me...im pretty sure u get still get pts for buying a shoppers SDM gc, each 100$ = 1000pts
For employees you're not allowed to and our discounts are tied to our opt cards. Also, with the new merge w/ pc points, there was a memo e-mailed out stating that points would not be earned on SDM gift cards after Feb 2. I only glanced the e-mail memo, I'm not management, so we will see in time.
Jul 23, 2007
109 posts
21 upvotes
York
Hi, I used to receive senior discount for the $99 perfume sampler with 20% off on Thursday. Now the senior discount couldn't be applied to it but all other items in the same receipt.

Did Shoppers exclude those perfume samplers from the senior discounts?
Thanks.
Ferny111 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 11:35 pm
For employees you're not allowed to and our discounts are tied to our opt cards. Also, with the new merge w/ pc points, there was a memo e-mailed out stating that points would not be earned on SDM gift cards after Feb 2. I only glanced the e-mail memo, I'm not management, so we will see in time.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2002
2780 posts
696 upvotes
Vancouver
Erumuh wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 11:16 am
So an update: this did NOT work with the fragrance sampler certificate. It looks as if Shoppers has closed this loophole for the fragrance samplers - there are very clear instructions on the certificate for how to redeem at the cash register, and it pops up a personalized refund line (FRAG SMPLR) that wipes out the charge for the bottle of perfume, but no 20X points, or credit towards minimum redemption levels or personalized coupons loaded.

Still, if you can find a store today with the 20K point bonus, plus the 20X points, the sampler plus filler will run you $125 + tax = $141-ish, and you'll get 45K points worth $80 at the highest redemption level, which is a nice return on a premium fragrance (which you got through the sampler at a lower price). Cheers!
shoppers-drug-mart-get-23000-points-spe ... #p28567067

Ron.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
1497 posts
221 upvotes
Ferny111 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 11:35 pm
ok so its AFTER the merger that no more opt pts for buying sdm gcs! so right now its still giving out points i think, i haven't bought a gc tho in last couple days to confirm this or not but pretty sure points still there until the merger
Add me on PSN: hubu2017 SFV ps4 aka Mikka1989