Expired Hot Deals

[Shoppers Drug Mart] Get $25~$85 in Optimum Points with $75 Purchase

[OP]
Jr. Member
Mar 9, 2013
160 posts
101 upvotes
Kitchener

[Shoppers Drug Mart] Get $25~$85 in Optimum Points with $75 Purchase

Just got an email from Shoppers. I'm not a gambling person so totally discounting the higher rewards, but even the minimum $25 off on $75 purchase is a 33% return, seem good if you can find $75 worth of products (already on sale).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Get your Surprise Points Card when you spend $75 or more on almost anything in-store.* Every card has a possible savings value of $25-$85!

Offer valid from Saturday, October 7, 2017 to Sunday, October 8, 2017.

*Offer valid on the purchase total of $75 or more on eligible products after discounts and redemptions and before taxes (“Eligible Transaction”). You must present your valid Shoppers Optimum Card® at the time of Eligible Transaction to receive the offer. Excludes prescription purchases, products that contain codeine, non-pointable items, tobacco products (where applicable), lottery tickets, stamps, transit tickets and passes, event tickets, gift cards, prepaid card products and Shoppers Home Healthcare® locations. One Surprise Points Card (“Card”) per Eligible Transaction per customer. Approximately 144,000 Cards will be distributed to participating Shoppers Drug Mart stores with the following points values available for distribution and approximate odds in each category: 2,880 chances in 144,000 to reveal a 50,000 Shoppers Optimum Bonus Points reward, 5,760 chances in 144,000 to reveal a 38,000 Shoppers Optimum Bonus Points reward, and 135,360 chances in 144,000 to reveal an 18,500 Shoppers Optimum Bonus Points reward. Any unreadable Points Cards or those showing no points value will be deemed to have an 18,500 Shoppers Optimum Bonus Points® value. The Points Card must be opened at the time of issuance in front of the cashier to receive your points. The Points Card will be void if opened prior to making the Eligible Transaction and is a one-time use only card. Restrictions on use and redemptions apply. Points Cards that reveal a reward value of more than 18,500 Shoppers Optimum Bonus Points will be awarded the difference between the points revealed and 18,500 points to their account by Friday, October 27th, 2017. The 18,500 Shoppers Optimum Bonus Points will be awarded at time of Eligible Transaction. Correct answer to a mathematical skill-testing question is required for Points Cards with Shoppers Optimum Bonus Points amounts of 38,000 points or more. All Shoppers Optimum Bonus Points awarded as a result of this offer will be forfeited on returns. Shoppers Drug Mart reserves the right to dishonour and confiscate any Points Cards which have been copied, altered, forged or obtained through unauthorized sources and to cancel, suspend, amend or withdraw this offer without notice in the event this occurs or for any other reason. Offer valid October 7th to October 8th, 2017 while quantities last. In the event that a participating Shoppers Drug Mart store runs out of its supply of Points Cards during the promotion period, it will award customers who make an Eligible Transaction and present their Shoppers Optimum Card with 18,500 Shoppers Optimum Bonus Points. Not to be used in conjunction with any other Shoppers Optimum Points® promotions or offers. See cashier for full details. ® 911979 Alberta Ltd.
80 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 30, 2005
1341 posts
121 upvotes
Toronto
the problem is anything worth buying for $75? I bet most will be 18,500 pts.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 26, 2003
1405 posts
118 upvotes
Toronto
forgetpwd wrote:
Oct 5th, 2017 12:58 pm
the problem is anything worth buying for $75? I bet most will be 18,500 pts.
Most Video games are ~$79.99 - could be a good way to get $25 in points on a $80 game. Better (if you can use the points) than the Amazon Prime 20% off pre-order deal, no?
Member
Nov 15, 2014
496 posts
295 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
forgetpwd wrote:
Oct 5th, 2017 12:58 pm
the problem is anything worth buying for $75? I bet most will be 18,500 pts.
Essentially this is a minimum of 33% discount off anything (except the stated exclusions) lots of things there are not marked up, such as games. Lots of shoppers even have games on clearance which should work with this. Frequently see pokemon games and smash bros 3ds go for 29.99 on clearance. Grab a few and you got a pretty good deal. Think I will end up buying some ps4 controllers as they seem to have them on sale for $49.99 at some locations. Also if you get bonus points from specific items, this works out even better. Example.. Colgate toothpaste purchasee gives like 4000 points or something like that. You would get those 4000 bonus plus the card of minimum 18,500 (ive done this alreadh in the past already)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 8, 2010
1978 posts
617 upvotes
This will be amazing if there are *any* decent point coupons at the same time.. though I assume there won't be.

Shame I stocked up on diapers this week.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 4, 2008
4873 posts
2001 upvotes
Richmond Hill
fyrefly wrote:
Oct 5th, 2017 1:16 pm
Most Video games are ~$79.99 - could be a good way to get $25 in points on a $80 game. Better (if you can use the points) than the Amazon Prime 20% off pre-order deal, no?
Amazon Prime discount is actually 10% now =(
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Member
Sep 8, 2006
354 posts
114 upvotes
Edmonton
18,500 in points is worth $31.45 if you redeem 50,000 points at once. Value increases to $34.94 if you redeem 90,000 points. Effectively it is a 40% discount at a minimum.
Last edited by Simby on Oct 5th, 2017 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 17, 2005
3811 posts
508 upvotes
Markham
18500 points for $75 spend is already of the better promos they run from time to time than the run of the mill 20x points promo. So if you get anything beyond that's super gravy.

Whether you have anything worthwhile to buy at half decent price point is a different story
Dell Ultrasharp U2412M 24" IPS 1920x1200 $150
Sr. Member
User avatar
Mar 11, 2004
562 posts
69 upvotes
Quebec City
94% chance of getting 18500, 4% for 38000, 2% for 50000.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 8, 2008
3807 posts
260 upvotes
Scarborough
evoviii wrote:
Oct 5th, 2017 2:28 pm
18500 points for $75 spend is already of the better promos they run from time to time than the run of the mill 20x points promo. So if you get anything beyond that's super gravy.

Whether you have anything worthwhile to buy at half decent price point is a different story
^ This

There's only so much eggs a person can buy, even then there's usually a limit ;)
Help Contribute to our Wedding Fund :) A wise fortune cookie once told me this:
"A bargain is something you don't need at a price you can't resist"
FS: Christmas Window Decor :lol:
FS: 10mm H&R Trak+ wheel spacers, 5x100/112, 57.1c/b
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 17, 2005
3811 posts
508 upvotes
Markham
jakeoh wrote:
Oct 5th, 2017 2:33 pm
94% chance of getting 18500, 4% for 38000, 2% for 50000.
Expected value of 19910 points for the event.
pnyknights wrote:
Oct 5th, 2017 2:34 pm
^ This

There's only so much eggs a person can buy, even then there's usually a limit ;)
If they had the price of the PC Coffee cans at 6.99, i'd pump my fist as that's something SDM would sometimes actually have the best price on.

It's always very hard for me to hit $75 without considering buying something I don't need which seems to be their strategy
Dell Ultrasharp U2412M 24" IPS 1920x1200 $150
Sr. Member
Oct 18, 2014
976 posts
370 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Can this card be stacked with mobile coupon offers on the app ?
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jun 3, 2005
27713 posts
773 upvotes
Dildo, NL
I've been eyeballing some smelly things., I say buy them., if you get a shitty card, return it another day LOL. Rinse & Repeat.

I could do with 2-3 new bottles.

The Senior discount stackable with this? I've been wishing for another Thursday Senior day Plus bonus redemption or 20X day...but I'm losing patience.
unlim national, unlim Global SMS, CD/VM, 8Gb of Blazing Fast LTE $45
~Twitter~ ~Instagram~
[Yota Mafia]
100% BST & Heatware Trader since 2005
Photobucket, Suck a Big Fat Stinkin'...
Newbie
Aug 27, 2011
63 posts
7 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Was hoping to get a 2ds before the new pokemon ultra sun and moon comes out. Do Shoppers carry 2ds?
Jr. Member
Aug 18, 2017
111 posts
61 upvotes
Not a shoppers fan by any means but I did go in there today and bought 2.99 harvest bread, 4X2 PC cookies, 1.49 *2 chips and 1.49 * 2 PC coke + 2.99 juice + 2.99 24pk water and received 5900 point back and seemed like a pretty decent deal.

Top